Back seat covers?

nyctravis

:
2013 CX-5 Touring AWD w/ Bose/Moonroof pkg
Getting ready for my CX-5 Touring next week to arrive (hopefully!) and am trying to find any recommendations on back seat/row covers . I have a yellow lab that sheds very heavily and want to not only protect the seats but to be easily able to wash/clean them from all the fur. Any suggestions?

We use a standard suv tarp thing. Its really thick plastic go prevent puncures in the seat and has openings to still use the seatbelts. It attaches with clips around the headrests.

I bought a cheapy one from Walmart that works the same way that nizzy described, but I'm using it in the opposite direction. My dog rides in the cargo area, so I positioned it in the cargo area to cover the back of the backseat to reduce the amount of dog hair sticking to the carpet material. The material is not the most rugged and I definitely wouldn't want to be sitting on it for an extended amount of time in the summer with shorts on!

I'm consiering having an a friend in Austrailia buying the Mazda ones and having him shipping them to me stateside....

Mazda.com.au CX-5 Accessories

It appears that these are made for the 40/20/40 rear seat so they probably won't work for my sport model with the 60/40 rear seat...

Last edited:
I don't see those on the US site, are they are available in the US?

I don't see those on the US site, are they are available in the US?

They aren't on the US site.

The rear window shades are something I want too, also not available in the US.

I'm in the Arizona desert so I'll take all the shade I can get.

The iPad holder the mounts to the headrest looks sweet too.

Last edited:
They aren't on the US site.

The rear window shades are something I want too, also not available in the US.

I'm in the Arizona desert so I'll take all the shade I can get.

The iPad holder the mounts to the headrest looks sweet too.

Just get your windows tinted. The results will be much better.

Getting ready for my CX-5 Touring next week to arrive (hopefully!) and am trying to find any recommendations on back seat/row covers . I have a yellow lab that sheds very heavily and want to not only protect the seats but to be easily able to wash/clean them from all the fur. Any suggestions?

I have used a Kurgo Wander Hammock for several years. We have two large dogs (65 and 85 lbs.) and it does a great job of protecting the seats. Plus, because it's a hammock, it straddles the footwells (by attaching to the front headrests) so the dogs cannot fall onto the floor. The only down side, which I've found with every hammock that tries to support large dogs, is that if the dogs spend too much time standing or laying on the portion straddling the footwells, eventually the grommets or other attachment mechanisms begin to tear away from the canvas cloth and there's really no easy repair. Still, the Kurgo has proven sturdier than other brands I've tried. It's available it either black or khaki. Good luck.

Back