mileage with weather

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring w/bose-tech
well did a long road trip in our T/awd this weekend for wifes brothers graduation, drove from central ny to north west central ohio and back

bad winds first day so our mileage in ny was barely mid-high 20's got up to just about 30 on tank average once we got to flatter pa-oh
on way back, with very high 90's temps with cruise locked at 70 it was showing 35-37mpg current(boom01) on the flattest stretches
gassing up in erie the tank had averaged about 33mpg and back thru ny i think the tank averaged around 28-29mpg (temps in the 80's)
the cx-5 obviously loves it really warm out (me not so much)
color me impressed, people in texas/kansas/oklahoma must be loving this thing, what with it being so hot and flat there (whistle)

I'm in Texas and with mixed driving were averaging 30+ MPGs on a fwd touring. We're taking it to Wisconsin in a month, so we will really get to see what this thing does.

Locking the cruise control at 70 mph will return excellent mileage. In the western US (CA/NV) typical cruising speeds are closer to 75-80 mph, so mileage much over 30mpg is less common regardless of outside temperatures.

Back