Dealerships

mazdalooker

:
2013 CX-5 AWD Touring
Hello. It turns out that the exact type of CX-5 I want (Liquid Silver Metallic, Black Leather Interior, AWD, Grand Touring w/ Tech Package) isn't available at the dealer closest to me. Instead, one is available at another dealer which is approximately an hour away. Should I choose to purchase from the more "distant" dealer, can I then make use of the closer dealer should issues arise or I prefer upgrades in the future?

Assuming "somewhere" is in US, warranty work can be done at any Mazda dealership in the US. I bought my CX-5 at a dealership 40 miles from home but all service will be done by my local Silicon Valley dealership(s).

Yes. Also more often than not the service department is totally separate from the sales department. Sales guys want ur money and dont care where you service it and the service guys want your business and dont care where you bought it from.

The only advantage is if you have to leave it for a day or more for warranty service. If you have it serviced at the dealership where it was purchased, they will usually give you a loaner to drive. The other dealer probably would not. At least that is the experience I had with Ford.

You might want to see if your local dealer can get the car for you from the other dealer. Not sure how Mazda works, but a few years back when we were buying my wife’s Saturn Outlook, the local dealer found what we wanted at another dealer 150 miles away. We had it the next day. Also if you buy from a distant dealer, I wouldn't imagine that anything "free" you may get from them, like oil changes, would carry over to the local dealer. My local dealer is part of a larger group, so when I eventually get to the point of buying, I should have three dealer inventories within about 30 miles to choose from.

You might want to see if your local dealer can get the car for you from the other dealer. Not sure how Mazda works...

I second this. When I bought my RX-8 many years ago, my local Mazda dealer located and got the car I wanted from another dealer, probably trading one of their own cars for it. I think most dealers make those kinds of trades all the time, but it's not their first choice.

You just don't want a juvenile delinquent delivering your vehicle from an hour away. They should truck it.

My dealer does not employ juveniles thankfully, not a concern.

Back