CX-5 Aftermarket Open Mouth Grille

raden

Well I know what you're thinking, you opened this thread and you thought that you would see a picture of one on a CX5.

However I have not yet found anyone that makes a grill like that.

ph_mazda3b01.jpg

So I guess, if any company out there would happen to make one and need a test subject, I would be happy to install it on my car and take lots and lots of pictures of it :)

The grille is already black, about the only thing more you could do would be to black out the chrome surround and the M emblem.

Now what I would be curious to see would be body-colored contoured cover panels over the fog light wells for the Sport models that don't have lights in there.

Last edited:
Yes, the honeycomb plastic grill is a weak point on front...I agree a 3 piece kit for large center & 2 lowers on non light/sport models would deliver...X s or lines across design could look way better on fascia,,,I d be into it, definitely.

AutoEXE is your only bet for now. A quality Japanese company that has always developed high quality products for the RX series. Get ready for long waits and high prices though.

http://www.autoexe.co.jp/car/CX5_ KE/cx_5ke.html

I'm think that center exhaust looks really nice! I would personally have the difuser in carbon fiber, on my white model the rest is perfect

It really changes the look of the car.
Not sure if I like the look.

Glad to see they are working on it.

How'd you find this BTW? I've been searching for aftermarket items and haven't had any luck.
This is the 2nd company that has an LED DRL aftermarket option.

Awesome collection of parts!
Look, they have lowering springs for the FWD version which lowers it 35mm and 30mm (I assume that's rear and front respectively)!
The exhaust looks badass, kind of like an SRT Jeep, but it will be cheaper to buy (and ship) from Corksport when they release theirs.

I'm not feeling the front bumper, or the grill either... to each their own.

I can see the appeal to some people. The car looks SO different with the grills they have. The headlights really don't work with the new grill design either.

I have been trying to figure out how to do a mesh grill for the lower part, it looks vulnerable to rocks and such, unfortunately my skills with the gutter guard stuff are not hacking it.......

I also do not like the honeycomb look, even on the fog lights area it is too much IMHO. Solutions will come, we will see what is in a few more months.

I'll pass on the grill. Boxster exhaust setup is nice.

Back