2012 Weathertech digifits/OEM floor liner install in 2008 M5

Turbohatch

:
2006 Honda Odyssey Touring silver, 2008 M5 GT 5MT pearl white
This is an easy 10 minute install.

The 2012 Weathertech digifits are slightly improved over the 2006-2010 model in using dual plastic floor anchors on both the driver and passenger side versus a single metal rust-prone anchor on the drivers side.
4toci0.jpg

These dual plastic floor anchors don't come with the 08-10 models, but they already have the cutouts in the carpet to fit.
Just order four (two per side) of part number: 0000-89-L14
128BFC8C0F0615B6072D8C899C92A2BC__50004_zoom.jpg

The interior of the 2012 Mazda5 is similar if not identical to previous years below the dashboard belt line and in the seat hardware. This of course means the 2012 digifits are an exact fit.
35m4ncg.jpg

f2m1rb.jpg

Here are the floor anchor cut outs in a 2008 M5.
28src0m.jpg

And here is what the floor anchors looks like installed.
2m2yqkn.jpg

EXCELLENT information. thanks.

so, the floor mat clips only attach to the carpet? are they very secure like that? this might give me cause to get a set of those mats...

I need passenger side anchors, maybe I scare my wife while I'm driving. lol.

EXCELLENT information. thanks.

so, the floor mat clips only attach to the carpet? are they very secure like that? this might give me cause to get a set of those mats...

Yes, both attach to the carpet and they are very secure...no movement.

Can anyone confirm if 2005-2007 M5s have the cut-outs in the carpet already?

Yes, both attach to the carpet and they are very secure...no movement.

Can anyone confirm if 2005-2007 M5s have the cut-outs in the carpet already?

Nope! I just went out to check on mine and I believe 06-07 are different. Mine has no cut outs on either side and the driver side has a metal bracket that it's attached to a raised section with a plastic push pin/screw type of retainer. The passenger has this hole so you can attach a bracket on the passenger side but Mazda doesn't sell them.

or...

I bought the previous generation and got very annoyed pretty quickly with the passenger side matt and how it would constantly slip and leave a huge gap... and I was always adjusting it (the single mount for the driverside works great by the way, never any slippage issues).

So, I went to the harware store and bought that stick on velcro tape... just stuck the "hooky" side of the velcro to the bottom of the mat in a few places and it sticks to the carpet like crazy!! I was actually blown away with how well this works!! This was a 30 second install...

Haha, no disrespect to your solution, I'm sure it works great, but for those who already own the previous generation, this is a great solution.

Back