PDA

View Full Version : What car did you trade in for your CX-5?

Pages : [1] 2 3

katmar
05-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Just curious what cars people have traded in to buy their CX-5s, and maybe a little on why?

mazdaspd96
05-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Subaru WRX STI 2010...

Reasons: Fuel economy, cost... police tickets...

katmar
05-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Subaru WRX STI 2010...

Reasons: Fuel economy, cost... police tickets...

So how difficult has it been to go from such a powerful car to a 155 hp CUV?

Caspan
05-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Traded in my 2002 Protege 5, reason it was just getting to old to be my only reliable mode of transportation.

I have heard a lot of negative about the power in the CX-5, I have no clue why this is an issue personally. I don't know what these people are doing in their cars but why do you need so much power? Unless you are towing something or always going off road there is no need for power. I hear people say, I need to over take someone faster, I need to merge on the highway etc.. I can do all of these things in my vehicle just fine. If you live in the city and you complain about not enough power I would love to know what you are doing!

PJO
05-23-2012, 01:41 PM
I traded in my 2010 CX-7 GT. I loved that car but the premium gas and 17/21mpg was killing me. Absolutely love the CX-5 and don't really miss the power.

nizzy1115
05-23-2012, 01:46 PM
2010 black mazda3 S GT 4 door with bose/sunroof. Was 2.5 years old with 42,000 miles.

1. Head room - my hair hit the roof liner
2. Rear seat space - its essentially a 4 door 2 seat car. No adults can fit back there.
3. Gas economy - 25 mpg in the mazda3 and 35 in the cx5
4. Insurance - 125/term lower in the cx5
5. Fear of things not lasting. I really beat on this car and was nervous about the long term lasting of the engine/transmission
6. No space to move haul things. Shoe boxes fit fine but thats about it.
7. I found the power of the mazda3 to easily scoot through traffic causing me to get aggressive around slow drivers. CX-5 keeps me zen as I'm slow with them :)

awmenard
05-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Traded my 2007 CX7 that i had bought December 2010

Fuel economy was terrible
Needed some repairs, that Mazda did not want to cover under warranty.

I taught I would never buy another Mazda in my life. However I'm really pleased with my CX5

geocord
05-23-2012, 02:45 PM
nizzy...

I like that thing you mention about zen and sticking with the slower drivers. I too have a little hang up with the power thing and you put it just right. If you have, you use it. If you don't have it obviously you don't use it and get used to not using it. Good way of putting though. +1

BeeteKnaughts
05-23-2012, 03:03 PM
traded in 2005 chevy equinox ls awd, thing got 17 mpg so... it was costing way too much to drive that hog. I need 4 wheel drive in wisco in the winter (not this year....??) so this was the perfect solution.

ZuluCX
05-23-2012, 03:28 PM
traded a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS, for fuel economy mainly and a new car. The Mitsu was the car I had the longest, so after 5 years it was overdue! :) To be honest the Outie was agreat car except for the fuel milleage. I had a 2004 WRX before and a 2000 Subaru 2.5RS before that.

GAXIBM
05-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Replaced a 2003 G35 with 80,000 - needed back seat space & more cargo capacity, 24mpg to 32mpg, it has gotten so dangerious overtaking on 2 lane roads around here, I quite trying, don't even do it often in my 2000 Corvette. Ramps are no problem.

stromdriver
05-23-2012, 04:46 PM
2003 passat gls

space, ease of entry/exit, fuel economy, maintenance/warranty

drsw
05-23-2012, 05:02 PM
I traded a 2009 Dodge Challenger. I needed more passenger room, better gas mileage and insurance costs. I loved the Challenger but the premium gas and all the miles I drive were onerous. I enjoy driving the cx5 just as much.

mazdaspd96
05-23-2012, 05:03 PM
So how difficult has it been to go from such a powerful car to a 155 hp CUV?

I realazied that the road was not a racing track... Now when I cross a police i'm not sacre to have a ticket... My STI was also doing 11-12l/100 km on the road with premium fuel.. City was 15l/100 km

vfrguy
05-23-2012, 05:35 PM
08 CX-9 GT. was getting 17/20 MPGs and it needed brakes, tune up, leather was cracking from previous owners not caring for it, and didn't need the third row.

rmac
05-23-2012, 08:39 PM
I will be trading in my 2007 Mazda 5 GT. Just waiting for my sky blue GT with Tech. Mainly wanted better fuel economy and brakes were causing me problems on the 5.

armydrum3
05-23-2012, 10:35 PM
2002 Chevy Suburban - at 10 gallons to the mile, plus failing systems every other month, the only other option was to attach a turret to the top and uranium plating to the sides, and sell it to the Army...

The only thing I thought would be missed was the V8, but the CX-5's got enough zip and is light enough to get up and go just as well.

rdscx5
05-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Loved the Fusion. I have a toddler though and awfully hard to get him out of it. I have to admit Mazda's drivability are spot on and don't regret it one minute. Just posted a review on KBB as a matter of fact. Miss the Fusion, Loving the CX 5 more though.

inodes
05-24-2012, 01:48 AM
Sold my Mazda 3 SP23 Luxury MT to purchase the CX-5. We needed space, and wife couldn't drive manual (regardless of the fact it takes 20 minutes to learn).

Thought I would be losing performance. But the CX-5 diesel is quicker than the Mazda 3 in nearly all areas apart from cornering at high speed.

rdscx5
05-24-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm intrigued by the Diesel and hope at some point it will make it to America. I know the gas (petrol) gets panned a good bit but it seems a very peppy and extremely fuel efficient engine for a gas(petrol) engine. I guess whether it be D or G if it brings more enthusiasts to the fold and support Mazda's vision it works for me.(yippy)

CX-SV
05-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Had a 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L 292hp V8 6 speed. I wasn't using the tow capacity, offroad ability or hauling capabilities of the Explorer. Kept the much quicker whips/sport sedans.

snadboy
05-24-2012, 11:28 AM
I had a Mazdaspeed6, which was totaled from an accident where I was rear-ended. Wanted another car that had AWD, had a similar feature set(keyless entry,technology,decent sound system, etc. -miss the auto-down/up windows on all 4 windows and ability to automatically open all 4 windows with the FOB) and got good gas mileage. I miss the ole Speed6, I even tried to find a used replacement, but closest one was 700 miles away. Maybe Mazda will create a new Speed6 based on Takeri with SkyActive and maybe even a little Alfa Romeo thrown in. :)

So far I am pleased with the CX-5. :)

IHeartGroceries
05-24-2012, 02:19 PM
I had a Mazdaspeed6, which was totaled from an accident where I was rear-ended. Wanted another car that had AWD, had a similar feature set(keyless entry,technology,decent sound system, etc. -miss the auto-down/up windows on all 4 windows and ability to automatically open all 4 windows with the FOB) and got good gas mileage. I miss the ole Speed6, I even tried to find a used replacement, but closest one was 700 miles away. Maybe Mazda will create a new Speed6 based on Takeri with SkyActive and maybe even a little Alfa Romeo thrown in. :)

So far I am pleased with the CX-5. :)

Sorry about your Speed6. Still enjoying mine after 5.5 years. I would be saddened to lose mine.

We traded a 2003 Altima. 2.5L i-4. Was a great car. Just getting kinda ragged and didn't want to worry about reliability. Really should have just kept it, we got so little trade in...

Bus
05-24-2012, 06:43 PM
I traded my Acura Mdx 2008 for this cx5 and i like this véhicule for is fuel économy is magic

cymx5
05-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Traded in a Speed3 for '13 CX5 AWD Grand Touring.

Needed another automatic vehicle in the family.
28mpg on regular versus 22mpg on premium.
Larger and more comfortable for daily driving.
HOLY FEATURES BATMAN! The GT is loaded. backup camera, blind spot monitoring, automatic everything, leather, heated seats, awesome HD stereo, moonroof, etc. It would cost over $6000 MORE to get an equivalent 2013 Ford Escape.
Insurance is $30 more per year than the 5 year old, 80k mile Speed3...ain't that some shit!?
Month to month cash out of pocket is almost identical to what it cost to maintain and drive the Speed3.

Many many more reasons...

dasayheykid
05-24-2012, 08:15 PM
I traded in my 2003 Protege 5. I loved that car, but started to show its age. Started to rust around the rear wheel wells, and my front wheel bearings needed to be replaced. Gas mileage wasnt the best either. Needed something with a bit more interior room, nice styling, and better gas mileage. The CX5 was a good fit.

rianoel
05-24-2012, 09:45 PM
I traded my 1994 red 4 door Acura Integra LS. That was a great car---I am counting on the CX-5 to be just as good!

Rubberman
05-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Mazda 3 2008.5 sport gx. We didn't get enough features in it when we purchased, it's not going to be terribly missed. Our mileage was quite bad in the city with that as well. Going from auto, air con and power everything to a cx-5 gt was a huge leap. Hope to take delivery in less than 2 weeks!

smithsm1984
05-24-2012, 11:54 PM
2006 Ford Focus ST. Not the European version, the American version, which was just the regular Focus with a slightly larger (2.3L) engine and some suspension bits from the SVT.

I liked the car, it was a lot of fun to drive. But it just wasn't that well built. It had some obvious interior defects, it was fairly loud, and it was pretty small for a guy as tall as me. I fit but my knee always touched the center console. Also very limited in terms of cargo capacity, because while it had a large trunk the opening was kind of small and the rear seat pass-through was basically useless.

Eventually I just became tired of it, and I wanted something more comfortable and more versatile that was equally fun to drive and still economical. I looked at a lot of cars including the new Focus (just as cramped, if not more so) and I wasn't looking at SUVs at all. But after discarding all the compact cars for one reason or another I decided to look a the CX-5, because people were saying it was incredibly good fun.

They were right, and I'm happy with my purchase.

bamirault
05-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Replacing a 1999 Volvo S70 (purchased new). It was scheduled for replacement in 2009. Bought a sloop in 2002 and found a sedan no longer handy when taking things to/from boat for a weekend or during seasonal preparation for launch/haulout; and so decided replacement would be a small SUV. Every new car purchased has needed to have better economy than the one before so replacement was a problem. This was solved with the introduction of the diesel powered Forester in 2008 - coming to Canada "probably next year". In 2010 the diesel Tiguan will be coming to Canada "probably next year". This has continued to be the claim and I am still waiting.

Now the diesel CX-5 will probably be coming to Canada in the fall of 2013, but I have learned that you can end up waiting forever. The point is that in the gasoline version they have introduced a product that finally meets MY requirement for fuel efficiency, and I have grown weary of waiting for some company to offer a product I really want to buy. I am comfortable with the decision. I liked the Forester but am happy to avoid the VW over perceived long term reliability and maintenance issues. Long term reliability is important to me. Although the Volvo has been the nicest car ever owned (don't count my Miatas as they are toys, are emotional rides, and were bought used), the best car ever owned was a 1990 Mazda 626 bought new and kept nine years.

Brian

Falzo
05-25-2012, 09:42 AM
We replaced our 2006 3 GT which had been repainted by Mazda, was getting close to needing new tires and brakes. It had a lot of rattles and squeaks. Some from the drivers seat and others from the whole body it seemed. I often said the engine had too much torque when starting from a dead stop in snow, even with good winter tires.

With our metropolitan gray FWD GS, we get more room for the kids and luggage, better fuel economy and I feel more zen driving it than the 3. It was easy to be aggressive in the gas. Combined with a 2007 Fit, I believe we have a decent fuel efficient family fleet.

inodes
05-25-2012, 10:13 AM
In 2010 the diesel Tiguan will be coming to Canada "probably next year". This has continued to be the claim and I am still waiting.
Now the diesel CX-5 will probably be coming to Canada in the fall of 2013, but I have learned that you can end up waiting forever.

Brian,

I've driven both petrol and diesel Tiguan. Petrol and Diesel Passat and Petrol and Diesel CX-5. There is one clear difference between Mazda and VW and the way they treat the engines.

In the VW models, Diesel is for fuel economy, Petrol is for performance.
With the CX-5, petrol if for fuel economy. But the Diesel is best of both worlds.

To quote June 2012 issue of Australian Wheels magazine regarding Tiguan and CX-5 clearly being best two SUV's in their 11 SUV comparison:
(They decided to remove the petrol CX-5 and diesel Tiguan from comparison based on performance).

"Okay, let's not steer around the elephant - the 2.0L petrol version of the CX-5 is as slow as one. With this in mind, we've brought together the most persuasive engines in the line-up from Mazda and VW. The CX-5 is represented in the 2.2L turbo-diesel form, because the atmo 2.0L petrol just isn't enough engine. Meanwhile, VW's turbo petrols are just so potent and efficient they make its turbo-diesels seem less appealing, so that was (and is) the engine to have in the Tiguan".

If you want performance, go with the Tiguan Petrol. It nearly gets close to the CX-5 Diesel in performance. But unfortunately driven sedately, it uses more fuel that the most aggressively driven CX-5.

If you want fuel economy, the CX-5 in either Diesel or petrol has no peer.

Fuel economy for the various Tiguan's and CX-5's are (Combined / Urban /Highway in L/100km)

Volkswagen Tiguan 132TSI 2.0L Turbo-Petrol AWD (95 Petrol)
8.8 / 12.0 / 6.9 L/100km
CO2 Emissions: 205g

Volkswagen Tiguan 103TDI 2.0L Turbo-Diesel AWD (Diesel)
6.2 / 7.1 / 5.7 L/100km
CO2 Emissions: 164g

Mazda CX-5 2.0L Atmo-Petrol AWD (91 Petrol)
6.4 / 8.0 / 5.5 L/100km
CO2 Emissions: 160g

Note how already, Mazda's Petrol betters the VW Diesel on the highway and in emissions
Impressive!!

Mazda CX-5 2.2L Twin Turbo-Diesel AWD (Diesel)
5.7 / 6.7 / 5.1 L/100km
CO2 Emissions: 149g

(You can see from my Fuelly how I am yet to get close to these figures - I am nearly doing 100% city traffic)

gusman1
05-25-2012, 10:38 AM
I traded in my 2005 BMW X3 with 3.0L engine. It was a good SUV, but the 14 mpg in my daily commute with premium gas is what prompted me to look into Mazda CX5. Except for the acceleration and some handling compared to X3, I don't miss much in my new CX5 Touring.

desssa
05-25-2012, 07:15 PM
we down graded from our thirsty kluger grande to a toyota corolla levin zr.. biggest mistake in my life..at 5 months old we traded it on the cx5..no regrets thus far.

jrowlings
05-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Toyota '03 Highlander

milanista
05-26-2012, 11:53 AM
traded my 02 merc mountaineer got tired of putting money into it every month + gas mileage was terrible my new cx5 great on gas + easy in and easy out of vehicle

V8toilet
05-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Traded in my 2002 Protege 5, reason it was just getting to old to be my only reliable mode of transportation.

I have heard a lot of negative about the power in the CX-5, I have no clue why this is an issue personally. I don't know what these people are doing in their cars but why do you need so much power? Unless you are towing something or always going off road there is no need for power. I hear people say, I need to over take someone faster, I need to merge on the highway etc.. I can do all of these things in my vehicle just fine. If you live in the city and you complain about not enough power I would love to know what you are doing!

Very well said!

I traded in my 2001 Toyota Tundra with 198,000 miles. Best vehicle I ever had. It was reliable, powerful, and useful. It was also expensive to drive and buying another truck was over my means so the CX-5 won me out. I bought the CX-5 because of the gas mileage, utility, looks, features for the money, and fun to drive for an SUV.

jeebusm3
05-26-2012, 02:17 PM
No trade, private sale...2008 mazda5 touring manual trans (yeah a combo that supposedly didn't exist). We will miss the sliding doors but love the better mileage.

Modshack
05-26-2012, 09:21 PM
2007 Honda Element AWD
Loved the utility, hated the mileage, plus My wife thought t made her look Frumpy...:-)

mclark999
05-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Gave up my first gen Scion Xb.

Mainly needed AWD because of move to Colorado. Wanted something fun to drive that looked fun and wasn't too expensive. Went from 105 hp to 155 hp, but lots more weight. After first week, I have to say I enjoy the CX-5. Will upgrade the stereo and add some more sound deadening. Quite a bit of road noise at freeway, just like the Xb.

CX-SV
05-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Gave up my first gen Scion Xb.

Mainly needed AWD because of move to Colorado. Wanted something fun to drive that looked fun and wasn't too expensive. Went from 105 hp to 155 hp, but lots more weight. After first week, I have to say I enjoy the CX-5. Will upgrade the stereo and add some more sound deadening. Quite a bit of road noise at freeway, just like the Xb.

Welcome and congrats on new CX-5.
btw - I assume your 1st gen Xb was reliable.

Made310
05-27-2012, 11:47 AM
I will eventually trade in a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe for either a Liquid Silver or Metro Gray GT w/ Tech pkg.
I'm kind of weary of going from a V6 to the I4, but I like the extra room in the back to haul a bike around. I also think the Accord is on the long side; 191.0 in vs the CX-5's 179.3 in.

RushFan
05-27-2012, 05:21 PM
2011 Kia Soul+

The Soul was fun, however, it was noisy on the highway. Believe it or not, it didn't get that great of mileage with it's 5 speed manual (28 average, best was 31 highway). I bought the Zeal Red CX-5 Touring with the Tech and Bose Packages.

Accessories include:

Weather Tech Mats
Mazda Rear Cargo Mat
Rear Cargo Cover (Highly recommend this!)
Splash Guards
Hood Protector
Rear Bumper Protector
Moon Roof Wind Shield
Remote Engine Start

Replaced:
DRL - LED's
Fog Lights - LED's
License Plate Lights - LED's
Interior Lights - Red LED's

Waiting For:

Wood Grain Dash

I love this car. This has got to be the most comfortable, well appointed vehicle I have ever owned! Performance is there when needed, but daily driving is smooth, quiet and comfortable.

BTW, I got the full trade-in value on the Soul, they are desperate at the Mazda/Kia dealership for used Souls in great condition.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/579366_3744984258369_1089132040_33387410_869035564 _n.jpg

ugot
05-28-2012, 08:27 PM
VW GTI 2010 with DSG.

Since i had my son it hasn't been a day that i have regret it.

agingtech
06-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Traded our 2012 Hyundai Veloster for our cx5. Veloster was a dissapointment in a big way.
love the cx5 and looks good beside our mazda 3 gt

nizzy1115
06-03-2012, 03:26 PM
What was wrong with the velocter?

nycx5
06-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Traded in A 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL. The car was a major disapointment including quality control issues(misaligned panels causing paint chipping, interior rattling,roof liner coming loose). Suspension problems which could not be solved,transmission issues, and My Ford touch problems. Car was in the shop 11 times totaling 28 days out of service. Enjoying my cx5 very much and i am glad i made the switch.....

jp89
06-03-2012, 09:12 PM
i traded a 2008 Dodge Nitro R/T, it was fully loaded and an awesome sound system! i just couldn't afford it anymore with the fuel economy, almost paying $100 a week just on gas!! I'm in love with my mazda cx-5! its a lot cheaper on gas

ta240
06-03-2012, 09:13 PM
2002 Protege5 with 141,000 miles. Didn't trade it in, sold it to carmax for 1,200 more than the trade-in offer. Was a great car and I will miss it but I love the CX5.

NoSuchSol
06-03-2012, 10:34 PM
2006 Ford F-150 STX.... no one wanted a regular cab and the two buyers had to back out for various reasons. Oh well... still worked out well.

mr.fusion
06-03-2012, 11:58 PM
I didn't trade in anything, but the car that's getting replaced is my 2006 Mazda5. For now, I'm keeping it and will burn some miles with both. The 5 has it's issues, but do like driving it a lot. Will take some time to get used to the CX5. Maybe I need some new rims and tires to make it seem as cool as the 5? lol

Nodnerb
06-04-2012, 08:15 AM
I traded a 2005 ford escape xlt no boundaries. I was sad to see it go. It was a great vehicle and didn't give me any major problems. But, the new escape has an odd front end and the interior looks too angular and space ship like. I couldn't disregard the rave reviews of the cx-5, drove one and fell in love.

War Eagle Mazda
06-05-2012, 04:03 PM
2008 Mazda 3S hatchback GT....loved that car. BUT, with used car prices so good, and the deal I got, along with gas mileage being better and having more room...time for the grownup car. I do miss the sticky tires and sitting on the ground taking corners...but the CX5 is no slouch, I can take just about anything the road throws at me.

DaveNZ
06-07-2012, 03:37 AM
I traded in a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 R series diesel 6 speed auto. I liked how the Hyundai went, however did not like the very rattly diesel engine noise and build qualify not as good. The car was definitely of a lower quality to the CX-5. I compare the CX5 quality to that of a Honda, really rather nice and a little bit classy.

My Cx-5 diesel does not have the off-idle step-off of the Sant Fe (the engines are pretty comparable with the SF around 140kw and 430nm of torque vs the CX-5's 30kw and 420Nm of torque) andf on road its a better car for performance.

Owning 2 CX-5's (petrol and diesel models) gives some interesting comparisons. The petrol engine grabs higher gears quicker, and is a far more relaxed cruisier type of car. The diesel on the other hand is a rocket, and feels like it just wants to go. Hills are absolutely demolished without a thought.
Accellerating away from other cars hauling up a big hill sure brings a big smile to your face.

CX-5 could do with a bit more storage inside, a few more little storage spaces would be good, and I've noticed the drivers mirror slight shake at speed but I love this thing to bits, it really makes me feel good to get in and drive it. Here in NZ, its marketed as part of Mazda's "Zoom Zoom" philospohy and I've gotta agree with that.

cheers Dave

katmar
06-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Owning 2 CX-5's (petrol and diesel models) gives some interesting comparisons. The petrol engine grabs higher gears quicker, and is a far more relaxed cruisier type of car. The diesel on the other hand is a rocket, and feels like it just wants to go. Hills are absolutely demolished without a thought.
Accellerating away from other cars hauling up a big hill sure brings a big smile to your face.

Thanks for relating this, I keep debating on whether to wait for the diesel (assuming it comes) here in the States or not. Is the diesel signifcantly faster getting up to speed when merging onto the highway, etc.? Or is it's advantage mostly in that it doesn't need to downshift as often, easier when towing or hauling cargo, etc.?

xwedge
06-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks for relating this, I keep debating on whether to wait for the diesel (assuming it comes) here in the States or not. Is the diesel signifcantly faster getting up to speed when merging onto the highway, etc.? Or is it's advantage mostly in that it doesn't need to downshift as often, easier when towing or hauling cargo, etc.?

Argh, I'm so jealous that everyone else gets the diesel besides us!!!

Anyway, even though I haven't driven one, I can tell you for a fact that it IS significantly faster getting up to speed when merging. It will be night and day because the diesel has double the torque of the petrol (also has about 23 more horses if I'm not mistaken). It will also be an advantage, where it wont downshift, and in hauling cargo. I wish we Americans would get on the diesel train already!

EricF
06-08-2012, 11:10 PM
2007 Acura TL. Liked the car, handled ok, rode nice, but wanted better fuel economy and the car just wasn't FUN to drive. Also, the turning radius of the TL sucked! Our CX is on order, but I can already tell its going to be a fun car to own.

mobd
06-09-2012, 12:09 AM
I passed my my '08 Jeep Patriot down to my newly 16 year old daughter. I had bought the Patriot for the great mileage and it was a good little vehicle, however, the CX5 is much nicer/plusher than the Jeep and better gas mileage too

tsedhun69
06-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Just curious what cars people have traded in to buy their CX-5s, and maybe a little on why?

i traded my 08 acura mdx, great car,horse power ,comfort but sucks on gas...only 12.5 MPG.. no regret....

Gatman 68
06-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Traded in a 2003 Honda Pilot w/ almost 300K KM on it....potential gas savings, along with a broken A/C and 30 degree C temperature were the deciding factors.

raden
06-12-2012, 01:45 PM
I traded in a 2007 Mazda 3i Touring with 86,000 miles. I got it brand new and owned it ever since, I traded it 1 month before it's 5th official year in my possession. It was an excellent vehicle and I had a ton of memories with it.

I started shopping for a new car last year. I considered the Chevy Equinox and the Toyota Venza prior to learning about the Mazda CX-5. I wanted a small crossover with all the technology features and everything out of the box. I did not want to mod my car like I did my last one.

The price was right and everything made sense for me to buy the CX-5. I am getting the same and sometimes better gas mileage on my CX-5 compared to the 3. The biggest benefit is more room, and more comfort. Having all of the tech features definitely adds to said comfort factor.

I live an active lifestyle and this car completely fits my needs. Between my everyday commute which is about 15miles each way, and my weekend trips to PA or upstate NY, this car handles everything.

I am extremely lucky and blessed to be able to own it.

Jcanracer
06-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Traded in my 2003 Toyota Matrix (manual 5spd) for the CX5 sport (manual 6spd). I had a few modifications to the Matrix, and yet the CX5 feels peppier thanks to the gearing and direct injection. Other cars I considered before settling on the CX5:
- 2012 Focus (wife has one, nice car, but a bit tight on space)
- 2012 Subaru Impreza (too hard to find one in manual in FL, plus 2012 was slow with the recently downsized engine)
- 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv (wife said insufficient space for the baby seats she is planning in the next few years... yikes!)

yetti96
06-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Traded in a 2002 MINI Cooper 5MT for our CX-5 Touring. The used car market was great at trade-in and the only over vehicle we cross-shopped was a MINI Cooper Countryman. With a few options it was just north of $30k (s model) and the Mazda was almost $7k cheaper with more things like the cool touchscreen, better bluetooth, added nav for really cheap, more usable space, probably more reliable, BSM, and the really cool blue color my wife wanted.

Main reason really was price and space. Seems bigger inside than the CX-7 we had and no smoked turbos now :)

Kelme
06-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Traded in a 2008 Mazda 3i 5SP, needed an automatic car for the wife.

Traded in a 2002 MINI Cooper 5MT for our CX-5 Touring. The used car market was great at trade-in and the only over vehicle we cross-shopped was a MINI Cooper Countryman. With a few options it was just north of $30k (s model) and the Mazda was almost $7k cheaper with more things like the cool touchscreen, better bluetooth, added nav for really cheap, more usable space, probably more reliable, BSM, and the really cool blue color my wife wanted.

Main reason really was price and space. Seems bigger inside than the CX-7 we had and no smoked turbos now :)

We were also looking at the option of a Mini Copper Countryman but the high price plus the required premium fuel didn't make any sense when compared with the CX-5.

yetti96
06-14-2012, 04:00 PM
We were also looking at the option of a Mini Copper Countryman but the high price plus the required premium fuel didn't make any sense when compared with the CX-5.

I find that interesting, my dad too had an issue when I bought my MINI because as the S model with a turbo is required premium fuel. It is only $2 more per fill-up. Does it really bother people that much to spend $2 when you are putting $45-$50 in it for more performance and reliability against knocking? This topic is about as heated as oil change intervals on the MINI forums. I understand what you are saying but to me its a null point for the fun factor.

CX-SV
06-14-2012, 05:24 PM

My guess is the high price was the major factor/deal killer.

ta240
06-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Does it really bother people that much to spend $2 when you are putting $45-$50 in it for more performance and reliability against knocking?

It is funny the things people choose to fixate on with money. Overpriced coffee? That's fine. Extra cable channels that are stupid? Sure I'll buy. But premium fuel? Forget it!

Most of the cars I nixed with high fuel costs were because not only did they require premium they also got horrible mileage and were much more expensive cars to begin with (3 strikes). Infiniti EX35....

CX-SV
06-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Most of the cars I nixed with high fuel costs were because not only did they require premium they also got horrible mileage and were much more expensive cars to begin with (3 strikes). Infiniti EX35....

Exactly, put it into perspective. Paying 5% extra for premium fuel is small compared to the cost of a daily driver that averages 25% less in fuel efficiency.

Kelme
06-15-2012, 08:43 AM
My guess is the high price was the major factor/deal killer.

Correct, even though they have almost similar mpg numbers the Countryman was more expensive (easily over $7k more),less interior space and on top of that I have to pay a little bit more for fuel (fueleconomy.gov indicates a difference of around $200/year, I know is not thousands of dollars per year but is still something). If the Countryman was around the same price with the same features as the CX5 then I would have really consider it regardless of the premium vs regular thing since my wife really liked it.

It is funny the things people choose to fixate on with money. Overpriced coffee? That's fine. Extra cable channels that are stupid? Sure I'll buy.

I don't have cable and I don't drink coffee for those reasons :D

speedtrader
06-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Traded in my 2001 Mazda Protege with 142K miles. It still ran great since I did most of the maintenance myself. I kept it really clean inside and out. Plus, it was mostly parked in a garage. It was a great car, but it was time for something new. The CX-5 is bigger, safer, better fuel economy, and still fun to drive.

PurplMyst
06-19-2012, 12:35 AM
Traded in my 2003 Protege5 (manual). I bought it used in 2006 & loved that car. I was all ready to just run it into the ground. But with the CX5 I can be higher up (yay!) with better gas mileage. It was too good of a deal to pass up especially since I'm in the position to comfortably afford a new vehicle. When I drove into the dealership within 10 minutes they said "we want your trade-in!"

CX-SV
06-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Good to see the repeat Mazda buyers, says something about brand loyalty earned in recent years.

petepusa
06-19-2012, 02:21 AM
Traded in my 2008 Cadillac CTS.

Lando
06-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Sold my 2011 Honda CRZ. It served me well for almost two years as a commute car on my daily 75 mile round trip getting over 40 mpg between most fill ups. I put a little over 24,000 miles during 22 months of ownership and I really enjoyed that car, but as my commuting was coming to an end, I wanted something with more seats, that would be somewhat fun to drive and fuel efficient. After owning a 1999 and a 2001 Miata that were both bulletproof mechanically, I was convinced of Mazda's reliability. My daughter also has a 2006 Mazda3 with over 100k miles that still runs and looks great. I hope Skyactiv engineering is as reliable.

speedtrader
06-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Traded in my 2003 Protege5 (manual). I bought it used in 2006 & loved that car. I was all ready to just run it into the ground. But with the CX5 I can be higher up (yay!) with better gas mileage. It was too good of a deal to pass up especially since I'm in the position to comfortably afford a new vehicle. When I drove into the dealership within 10 minutes they said "we want your trade-in!"

Similar thing happened to me. I actually wanted to keep my Protege as a second vehicle. It's ran great, has been paid off for a while and insurance doesn't cost much. It was when I was taking delivery of my CX-5, the dealer asked me if they can take a look at my car. 20 minutes later they made me a cash offer $600 over blue book. I signed over my title the next day. So technically I didn't trade in my car since I sold it to them.

nizzy1115
06-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Similar thing happened to me. I actually wanted to keep my Protege as a second vehicle. It's ran great, has been paid off for a while and insurance doesn't cost much. It was when I was taking delivery of my CX-5, the dealer asked me if they can take a look at my car. 20 minutes later they made me a cash offer $600 over blue book. I signed over my title the next day. So technically I didn't trade in my car since I sold it to them.

That kinda stinks though because had you used the same price as a trade your tax on the new car would have been less since your taxed on the new car price - trade value. My taxes were low since my trade was like $14,500

speedtrader
06-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Don't they tax you on the purchase price of the car? I didn't know they reduce your taxable amount with your trade in value. Oh well, it wasn't that much anyway.

ta240
06-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Don't they tax you on the purchase price of the car? I didn't know they reduce your taxable amount with your trade in value. Oh well, it wasn't that much anyway.

It varies from state to state:
http://www.adamgoldfein.com/2010/06/car-buying-advice-saving-sales-taxes-when-trading/

volvovod
06-20-2012, 02:47 PM

Interesting... As the children are getting older and starting to leave the house (the oldest one moves out at the end of the summer), we are considering to retire the aging minivan and replace it with something smaller and more economical. The two primary contestants are Mazda CX-5 (manual) and MINI Cooper (or maybe even Clubman?). Do you miss the MINI? How painful was the transition?

GRCRYGTR
06-22-2012, 08:22 AM
2006 BMW 325xi

dsonyay62
06-23-2012, 04:47 PM
2007 Altima 3.5 SE w/ all options. 105000 miles and was running very well. Wife wanted a small car and we were in the process of buying a Mazda 3 i Grand Touring hatch.... she walked past a newly arrived MX5 and that was it. 2 hours later we had it home. Except for leather and Sat radio, it has all the same stuff. I really like it so far (one day old). I love the new larger nav screen. The one in the 3 is really lousy.

I will miss that Altima... it was a great looking car and really could move and handle.

Ours is a pearl white Touring with moonroof/bose and tech package. I only wish it had the advanced keyless entry like the grand touring. We were spoiled with the same key style in the Altima and didn't realize it was not the same till later. No big woop.

yetti96
06-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Interesting... As the children are getting older and starting to leave the house (the oldest one moves out at the end of the summer), we are considering to retire the aging minivan and replace it with something smaller and more economical. The two primary contestants are Mazda CX-5 (manual) and MINI Cooper (or maybe even Clubman?). Do you miss the MINI? How painful was the transition?

I have a hardtop myself and the CX-5 is for the wife. We work at the same company so we usually commute together and take the CX-5.; we are around 5,500 k miles already. Its great to be able to take 4-5 people to lunch instead of cram 3-4 in the MINI.

As far as missing the MINI, I miss the stick (shifting can be fun sometimes :) ; my current is a MINI Cooper S hardtop, 6sp auto w/ paddles). I still get my 1.6 turbo when I want to, but for lazy commuting the Mazda is just fine. The CX-5 is quieter than the '02 was with the intake and Borla exhaust.

hollis
06-25-2012, 01:16 PM
sold our 2003 Civic 5 spd sedan privately.. had only 70K on it. really liked it but it was time to upgrade to newer safety features and more comfortable car. I didnt want to deal with paying for the timing belt/water pump, new front rotors/pads, nor new tire costs either that were coming up soon. Sold it for a fantastic price in just 2 days!

minhhh
06-27-2012, 02:05 AM
Howdy! i'm a new proud owner of a sky blue touring cx -5
traded in a 2010 mazda 3 that was about 8 months old lol

;)

Leopold
06-27-2012, 06:47 AM
2003 Mazda 6 Sport. Repairs were getting to be bi-annual shock to the budget.

Other reasons

Gas Mileage
New Safety Features - Rear Camera, Xenon headlights etc.
Got tired of looking at the same car in the driveway

CX-5 Rat
06-27-2012, 08:13 AM
2000 Honda Oddysey EX.

rjdee
06-27-2012, 03:18 PM
07 Mazda 6s 5dr 5spd 128k miles

I needed a more cargo space, better cargo weight capacity and wanted better mileage. I wish the cx5 manual was available with more options as I would've definitely paid more for the 40/20/40 rear seat and a more adjustable driver seat.

Cx5 has a bit more space but not much more over the 6 Hatch.

CX-SV
06-27-2012, 03:29 PM
07 Mazda 6s 5dr 5spd 128k miles

I needed a more cargo space, better cargo weight capacity and wanted better mileage. I wish the cx5 manual was available with more options as I would've definitely paid more for the 40/20/40 rear seat and a more adjustable driver seat.

Cx5 has a bit more space but not much more over the 6 Hatch.

Welcome to mazdas247.com rjdee. I assume you were happy with reliability of the 07 mazda 6s, so you bought another Mazda?....

rjdee
06-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Welcome to mazdas247.com rjdee. I assume you were happy with reliability of the 07 mazda 6s, so you bought another Mazda?....

I've had mixed reliabilities with Mazda but they've always had the best mix of handling and features that I've wanted.
My first was an 03 MPV. Great family van, had the roll down door windows and the folding rear seat before anyone else. Drove and handled well. But I didn't have faith long term in the transmission and the paint on the front rockers chipped off way too fast. Traded it in 07 with 130k miles for a...

07 Mazda6S 5dr 5spd. bought it new really wanted a wagon but the second car was a V70 AWD so really couldn't justify 2 wagons in the house but the hatch has almost as much room. there were only 2 manual v6 hatchs in all of New England so negoiating really didn't happen. I had a clear bra on this so the paint held up better but the car had an occasional hesitation and stutter that I couldn't diagnose. Also it like to eat rear brakes and calipers. 127k miles on that one and didn't feel like it would hit 200+k like the Volvo. Traded that for the CX5 for the above reasons but wanted a manual. Hopefully I can get this one to 180-200k miles.

hersh
06-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I traded in my 2008 Mazda 3 GT for the CX 5 because my girlfriend could not drive a car with manual transmission and I am not a good teacher. More over my 3 was a sedan and upgrading to a CX 5 made more sense for us. But I loved my Mazda 3. Hope to add speed 3 as a second car when the finances allow.

Blue zoomer
06-30-2012, 08:40 PM
I traded in a 2010 mazda 3 s sport hatchback with 18,000 miles on it. Wanted something roomier, bigger cargo area, more ground clearence. Did not want to give up fuel economy or responsive driving dynamics.

bcooper
07-01-2012, 05:37 AM
2010 honda civic - 40,000 km

prhac
07-03-2012, 12:16 PM
VW Tiguan Sport. I will give a comparison in a week or two

Exspeedaway
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Trade in my Mazda3 speed with SRI, DP, AP all from COBB and a nice set of Hankook Ventus.

VulcanNomad
07-03-2012, 09:00 PM
I traded my 2009 BMW 328 XI Loaded and happy I have!

EricF
07-03-2012, 09:12 PM
I traded my 2009 BMW 328 XI Loaded and happy I have!

Issues with the beemer?

Keanman
07-04-2012, 12:13 AM
2007 Mazda 3 GX - Blue mica with spoiler and power package

Not so much traded in as it was sold privately. By far the best car we've ever owned. I'm pretty sure my wife cried a little the day we sold it lol.

Crucial
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
2006 Mazda 3sGT Hatchback w/ 123k+ miles. We loved that car and were sad to let it go.

CodyZoom
07-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Traded in my 1996 Saab 9000 CSE. I couldn't believe all the bells and whistles that thing had for a mid 90s car, it was amazing and drove strong/reliable. Come to think of it, I should have driven it another year or so....oh well, I love my CX-5!

nation845
07-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I traded in a 2011 Audi S4 because I got rear-ended by a F150 and it was never right right again, but even without that 1 year was about my limit with that car. It was a money sink, it was uncomfortable (I drive 35k miles a year), $60 in gas every other day. I love the CX-5.

Danangme
07-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Traded a 2010 Mazda 3 S Hatch with 23,000 miles.I've never traded a car that new in my life but I grew to hate it .Couldn't see traffic out the passenger side and the gas mileage was a bad joke with the 2.5 engine.I owned a 2005 3i and really liked it so I guess I should have test drove the 2010 awhile longer.
Mazda has got to redesign that thick A pillar mirror combo.Maybe drop the mirror down on the door like the CX-5

kabkaba
07-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Our old faithful 2005 Mazda6 got totalled. We made do with 1 car for almost a year to find the perfect car and finally decided on the CX-5.
I am a sedan/coupe person and didn't really like SUV's before I drove this.

Glam
07-10-2012, 09:32 AM
2001 Subaru Outback Sport, 215,000mi.
Was set to get a replacement Subi but frankly, don't like the current models offered with auto-transmissions. Was waiting for the XV but once I saw the CX-5 AWD I fell in love. Wife has a 3, which replaced a Protege; all Mazda family now :-)

saskman
07-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Sold my 2002 Protege5 with 92,000 km's on it just yesterday. A sad day as it was super fun to drive but the CX-5 is super fun to drive with the MT + nav (with far better gas mileage).

Gio26NJ
07-10-2012, 12:01 PM
How much did you guys typically get for your trade ins? was it close to Kelly Blue Book value or a lot less.

I have a white 2006 Altima SL package, leather, heated and power seats, foglights, premium Bose system with about 90,000 miles on it. Now KBB shows the lowest value (fair value) at around $7000. I wanted to trade this in for yet another CX-5 but the base model with FWD with the Bluetooth and touchscreen radio package. What should I be looking for realistically if I choose to trade this Altima in? like $5000 or less?

if I sold it privately I could get upwards to $8,500 or more for it. but I don't want to go through that hassle of dealing with people coming to see it and everything.

GAXIBM
07-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Get a quote from Carmax.

Velodog2
07-11-2012, 08:27 AM
VW Tiguan Sport. I will give a comparison in a week or two

Will be interested in reading this ...

Velodog2
07-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Traded a 2003 Nissan Murano with 159k that I had bought for cheap a few years ago. Never really liked it, but it was cheap. Much fail after I acquired it - cracked exhaust header ("oh, this is fairly normal" says the dealer ...), failing wheel bearings, replaced tie rod ends, front struts each replaced several times (under warranty after the first) and blown again when I got rid of it, and as the coupe de grace, what I believe was a failed fuel pump AT the dealer AS I was trading it in. Yeah, got a great deal on that ...

Was used to getting 200k + miles on my japanese vehicles before this with very few issues. And, this car had the honor of being the only one to ever strand me away from home in my long history of driving. Another Nissan? No, that's ok thanks. It WAS great in snow however.

Gio26NJ
07-11-2012, 09:13 AM
My Altima has a crack in the exhaust manifold too!! replaced the wheel bearing on front passenger side as well. It sounds horrible on startup especially the colder days but as it warms up it's not so noticeable. Been driving it like this for 6-7 months now. The car is strong, very good on gas and drives beautifully other than the initial startup noise.

This is why I'd like to trade it in for another CX-5 but I would need to get something decent back for it, otherwise I'll just hold on to it. Maybe I'll take it to the dealer to get a quick quote on what they would give for it. I just don't want them to be freaked out by the crack in the exhaust manifold which will probably cost like $800 to replace.

Velodog2
07-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Yah I didn't repair mine either. Just kept the vent in recirc mode to keep from asphyxiating myself and passengers ... It didn't sound too bad.

dflem01
07-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Just traded my 2010 Mustang GT! Damn this thing is slooooow. Expanding family and work commute made the stang very impractical. Kind of excited to get back into a mazda though, as I have previously owned a 3 and a speed3.

JLDobs
07-12-2012, 08:55 PM
what i can suggest is get a quote from carmax. i traded a 2004 corolla w. 120k miles on it. It was a little banged up too. KBB in fair value suggested 5k i ended up getting $6200 for it. i found that i didnt have much leverage with them lowering the price on the cx 5 but they did increase the trade to compensate... be firm!! it will work

Bcdad182
07-18-2012, 03:40 PM
This is my first post! I am currently trading in a 2010 Honda Ridgeline for a CX5 (I say currently as my CX5 is still in transit from Japan) I won't see it for another couple of weeks.

Basically I love the truck, but it loves the gas station way too much. My office moved and I now park in a crowded parking garage with hundreds of university students who drive way too fast and park way too carelessly - it's hard to find a spot to park such a large vehicle (and the RL is small compared to Fords and Chevy's) and finally the finance rate Honda is charging me is outrageous. I figure I'll save easily $200 a month in reduced fuel and financing costs...just have to be patient for my CX5 to arrive **update, hopefully Aug 29!**

CX-5um
07-18-2012, 04:42 PM
2010 Accord LX. The Accord was a 24K vehicle while the CX-5 was 5k more at 29k. The 5K premium was well worth it imo.

The CX-5 actually as good or better driving dynamics. Fits in garage much easier since its about 10 inches shorter. Much Much Much better braking performance. (Accords had recalls on their brakes). Ours did not qualify for a recall and Honda wanted $600 for new brake pads/rotors for a 24K mile car. What a joke. CX-5 has comparable gas mileage which isn't too bad for a high SUV when compared to a lower sedan. Much more space to haul stuff since back seats pull down completely with no obstructions. Bi-Xenon HIDs and foglights vs halogens and no fogs. 6-speed auto w/manual mode transmission that can rev match vs Accord's 5-speed auto only thats been around for at least 12 years. CX-5 has turn signals on headlight corners, rear, and mirrors plus blind spot monitoring while Accord had turn signals at the rear and front of the car which means someone beside you wouldn't/can't tell if you're switching lanes. 10x higher quality keys vs Honda's super cheap keys. Leather sport style steering wheel and shift knob vs plastic/rubber. USB ports vs none. Better supportive seats for both spirited driving or long trips too. BMW style/sized shark fins.

Seanfig03
07-18-2012, 05:41 PM
I traded in my 2007 CX7 touring that i bought new back in 2007. There wasn't anything really wrong with the vehicle and while I do miss the power advantage, I was getting 18 MPG at best on premium. I am getting 30 MPG in my CX5 and loving that it's fully loaded!!

Frisco CX-5
07-19-2012, 12:00 AM
2006 Toyota 4Runner SR-5 4WD. Liked the truck but did not care for the maneuverability nor the gas mileage (was getting about 18mpg overall). Also, bobbed and pitched around quite a bit on rough roads. Got my CX-5 3 weeks ago and loving it. Averaging about 28mpg overall with about 1190 on the odometer so far. I expect the mpg to get better as time goes on. :) I had a 2006 Mazda3 GT and loved it, but was too small as my needs changed and needed to upgrade to a bigger vehicle.

CX-SV
07-19-2012, 03:40 AM
^ Welcome Frisco and nice report. Your mileage so far is near the EPA combined rating and is better than other competing compact SUV's. Enjoy your new ride.

alex1706
07-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Trading in Saab 9-3 sport wagon 1.9 diesel auto, 42k on the clock. Reluctant in as much as been a good car, but since GM dropped the marque, lack of support and poor supply of parts is frightening.

Moved to Saab after Volkswagen as I fancied a change. Now will be an even greater change.

Alex

Triton46
07-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Sold Private Party

I put my 2002 Nissan Maxima SE on craigslist and the bulletin board at my work. I expected the sale to take 3 to 6 months, however a friend of mine forwarded it to his Sr Director who's child was having their 16 birthday that week. The car was in great shape and we struck a deal the day after I posted it at work. Now I am car less. :)

We have a 2000 Ford Taurus Wagon that we use for all our family trips...that's my ride now.

I plan to order a Mazda CX-5 GT (White/Sand) around mid August.

92FOX
07-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Traded my Blue Flame 2012 F150 Supercrew XLT 4x4 in on my 2013 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD 18 days and 950 miles ago. We really like the CX-5, it does everything we need it to like haul both our little ones and still has room for my fishing poles with the 40-20-40 seats (not to mention twice the MPG's of the truck), but I just miss the utility and ruggedness that my truck offered. I will be getting rid of my 2003 SVT Focus and getting another F150 next year some time (preferably 2009 Supercab FX4). But, like I said, we do love the CX-5...no complaints about it and we have gotten 30 mpg on a 90 mile trip with lots of hills. Taking it 340 miles next weekend to see her family and hoping to get closer to the advertised 33 mpg, but still won't complain too much about 30 mpg when the best we were getting in the truck on the highway was 16.5 mpg (rated at 18).

Plans for it? Husky Liner flow mats front and back, Mazda cargo liner, 18 inch wheels with 225-60-18 tires that are slightly more robust than the Toyo (for the dirt roads getting to my fishing spots, and only after the Toyo's wear out...might even keep the 19's if they have more than two tires to choose from by then), and maybe a roof rack for a kayak.

bigjump
07-31-2012, 05:14 AM
Hi,

I'm living in France, I traded my BMW X3 : year 2007, 150hp 2.0d, 128 000km, Luxe edition (all options, leather, ...) . I still wonder if I made a big mistake. (braindead

And I've to wait for long weeks before getting my CX-5 : expected delivery is late November (sad2)

;)

7SE7EN7
08-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Turned in my 2012 Honda black on black Crosstour. You can't beat the MPG's the CX-5 has to offer which is the main reason I'm driving it now. The CX-5 is a pretty sweet ride. Now I'm looking to mod it up.

IHeartGroceries
08-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Traded a 2002 Nissan Altima. Was NOT well cared for by my wife. Poor car was in bad shape. Hopefully she does better with the CX-5. It is a constant battle trying to get her to keep it clean, not trash it out and run or back up into stationary objects.

Have to hand it to the Altima, though. It was a very reliable car while we had. Great mileage too and quite comfortable.

CX-SV
08-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Turned in my 2012 Honda black on black Crosstour. You can't beat the MPG's the CX-5 has to offer which is the main reason I'm driving it now. The CX-5 is a pretty sweet ride. Now I'm looking to mod it up.

A 2012 Crossturd, wow that's a nearly new car. What were your findings/reasons for dumping that rather unattractive wagon thing?

btw - Looking forward to seeing your mods later on CX-5.

CX5er
08-09-2012, 07:00 PM
My 2000 Honda Odyssey with 355,000 km is just about ready to give up so It was time to trade it in. I'm sure I'll miss the roominess and cargo space versatility of the van but in return I should be getting a much better gas mileage from the FWD CX-5 GS.

mddriver
08-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Didn't trade anytihing in. Decided to keep my 2001 PT Cruiser and turn it over to my son who should have his license by the end of the year. I've always liked the car, the styling and the space, but the milage was horrible. I've gotten an immediate 50% increase in mileage with the CX-5. I was one of those people back in 2000 that factory ordered the PT, waited four months (which was on the short side) for a build date and then tracked in on the train from Mexico to Maryland. And I was one of the few on the road at the time. Sounds like deja vous all over again with the CX-5. The PT only has 92K miles on it, but a 12 year old car is a 12 year old car. Perfect for a teenager. Lovin' the CX-5.

gtp_jmp
08-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Traded in a 04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G with 80K on it. Had just about 2000$ in mods. I do miss the power, but that's about it. I save about 160$ a month in gas :)

under200
08-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Traded in a 06 Toyota corolla that I purchased new. Never a single problem, super reliable car. How Toyota's hold their value is amazing and allowed me a great trade in. Very happy with the cx-5 so far.

JLDobs
08-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Traded in a 06 Toyota corolla that I purchased new. Never a single problem, super reliable car. How Toyota's hold their value is amazing and allowed me a great trade in. Very happy with the cx-5 so far.

Did u think they gave u fair value for your corolla... Compared to kbb??

under200
08-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Did u think they gave u fair value for your corolla... Compared to kbb??
Yes believe it or not. At first the came in 2k less but the next day they really wanted the sale I guess. Seems like all dealers come in way less than kbb, most use nada that is subscription based.

geezys
08-19-2012, 03:24 AM
2008 mazdaspeed3 and 2009 dodge charger

THEBARON
08-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Traded in my 2006 BMW 330xi. I miss the power, but little else. Damn car spent more time in repair than any other vehicle I have ever owned. Doesn't hurt that I am saving over $600 a year in insurance either!

sdpadsfan
08-19-2012, 09:28 AM
I had a 2004 VW Jetta manual with the 2.0 (2.slow) engine. I loved the car and it was fun and really reliable for the first 160,000 miles. With a 2 year old and the possibility of another child, my wife and I decided we needed something bigger for our daily driver (She has a Crew Cab Toyota Tacoma that gets lousy mileage so we usually drive my car whenever we go somewhere as a family). I fell in love with the Sky Blue color so I began working with a local dealership. I sold the Jetta back in June and just got my CX-5 two days ago. It was well worth the wait. I know a lot of people complain about the horsepower, but is has 30 more hp than my Jetta did and it only weighs about 400 lbs more which means it's a rocket by comparison. Plus, it gets better mileage than the Jetta and has a smaller turning radius. The CX-5 is like getting a grown-up car without having to get a "daddy" car.

CX-SV
08-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Maxda has archived a lot of "conquest" sales with CX-5, as shown in this thread.

Rafale
08-19-2012, 04:06 PM
2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Goguinness
08-19-2012, 05:09 PM
2009 Honda Accord LX-P. I was getting tired (at 72) of getting down into, and up out of a car. I just wanted to more or less just slide in, and the CRV was not the vehicle for me.

youzi
08-19-2012, 07:59 PM
2009 Nissan Altima Coupe. Had a lot of grief with the car. CVT failing, both doors rusting on welds, wiper intermittently not wiping even though it is set to wipe, etc...

ReManG
08-19-2012, 10:04 PM
2003 Ford Focus Base model, I actually sold it privately, but the CX-5 is the replacement, time to move up after doing with out.

GiddyGoanna
08-20-2012, 03:19 AM
2004 Honda Jazz. Really wanted an SUV (Urban Shopping Vehicle) that was substantially "best in class".
Considered Volkswagen Tiguan but discouraged by high servicing costs, lack of reliability and customer support, lack of luggage space, and defective DSG transmissions. (considering that CVT in Jazz was starting to play up and replacement equaled the vehicle value!)

SeaX-5
08-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Traded a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 for a Mazda2 in February 2011. Gas was killing me.
Traded the Mazda2 for the CX-5 Sport this month. Large, looming tractor trailers were killing me.

Polarman
09-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Traded my 2011 Mustang (13,000 Miles) for the CX-5.

Recently moved to a smaller city and closer to nature. Needed better gas mileage, cargo space and wife needed to take it too! The Mustang was manual and not gravel road friendly for those weekend hikes.

I have to admit that on for highway only, the Mustang was pretty darn sweet for MPG for a 305HP engine but not that great in city. So far, i'm only missing the raw power my Mustang had.

kardut
09-21-2012, 04:11 PM
2005 Honda Pilot...needed to downsize, and transmission was feeling like it was about to go (known problem with that model/year). Traded in the ultimate in ugly, box-like SUVs for a stylish little CUV!

Zeal-Girl
09-22-2012, 12:03 AM
I traded in my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee for my Zeal GT as the Jeep was truly on its way out. It was in 'limp home mode' and Jeep could not remedy this for me, the PCM had issues and again jeep could not provide a suitable resolution to this... final nail in the proverbial coffin was piston slap (uhm) so it was time to go.

Loving that I have gone from using 17 litres per 100 km to now 8 litres per 100 km.

I have not regretted this purchase for one moment.

bosip
09-22-2012, 02:42 PM
2002 Acura MDX - 145000 miles. Loved the car but the premium gas and 15 mpg and 21 mpg was killing me. Miss the Bose soundsystem which was better than the one in the CX-5 but otherwise I love every thing about my new CX-5 touring with nav.

RDZSTER
09-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Just traded in the wife's 2008 Honda Accord EX for a Black Mica AWD CX-5 GT. This was quite a change, as we've had 6 Accords in a row with good experience. Have been looking at the new for 2013 Accord and several other vehicles. I've had several SUV's in the past and liked the utility but not the gas mileage. We also love our 06 MX-5, so we have confidence in Mazda engineering and quality. IMO, the CX-5 is a unique combination of technology & design, utility, comfort, economy, features .............. and driving feel!

brky59
09-27-2012, 10:32 PM
2003 Honda CRV. peer pressure.....

MazdaDriverNJ
09-28-2012, 07:49 AM
I traded my beautiful 2009 Mercedes ML350... Loved that car, but the gas was killing me - I was paying $100/week to fill up with premium gas. Couldn't take it anymore, so I traded luxury for fuel efficiency - and while it took a little bit of adjustment, I am very happy with CX-5 now. :)

Gio26NJ
09-28-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm in Central NJ too, what dealer did you get your CX-5 from and what color? We were looking at the ML also way in the beginning of our search for a CUV but when I saw the horrible gas mileage it gets we quickly ran from it, same with Acura RDX. Sure it is a sweet ride but so is the CX-5 and gets twice teh MPG that the ML does. $45 worth of gas goes about 400 miles, great deal.

mobius120487
09-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Traded in my 2007 Mazda3 Touring (147,000 miles) and love the CX5, its very similar to the 3 just a little bigger and better fuel econ.

CX-SV
09-28-2012, 01:03 PM
I traded my beautiful 2009 Mercedes ML350... Loved that car, but the gas was killing me - I was paying $100/week to fill up with premium gas. Couldn't take it anymore, so I traded luxury for fuel efficiency - and while it took a little bit of adjustment, I am very happy with CX-5 now. :)

Welcome. Yes, I used to own a 2006 ML350, it got around 17mpg on premium in town. Nearly identical driving conditions the CX-5 get 26mpg on regular.

MazdaDriverNJ
09-28-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm in Central NJ too, what dealer did you get your CX-5 from and what color? We were looking at the ML also way in the beginning of our search for a CUV but when I saw the horrible gas mileage it gets we quickly ran from it, same with Acura RDX. Sure it is a sweet ride but so is the CX-5 and gets twice teh MPG that the ML does. $45 worth of gas goes about 400 miles, great deal.
Hi there neighbor!
I agree - 400 miles for $45 is so much better than paying $100 with 22mpg at best.
I got my CX-5 from East Brunswick Open Road Mazda. They gave me the best trade value and a good deal on CX-5 because I was buying one off the lot. (At first I was looking for Stormy Blue/sand leather GT+tech FWD.. very particular, I know :) -- which did not seem to exist in 5 nearby dealerships.. I didn't want to wait 3 months to be shipped from Japan). I have looked and test drove Nissan Rogue, Toyota RAV4, and Ford Escape, but settled on Mazda. I have spoken to at least 3 other Mazda dealerships and visited one (Hamilton - didn't have a good experience), but EB Mazda worked with me to earn my business...

What about you, whereabouts in Central NJ?

Oh, and forgot to add - I have Stormy Blue with sand leather (dealer install, because I wanted heated seats), Touring+mooroof/bose package, FWD.

MazdaDriverNJ
09-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Welcome. Yes, I used to own a 2006 ML350, it got around 17mpg on premium in town. Nearly identical driving conditions the CX-5 get 26mpg on regular.
Hi, and thank you!
So happy to have found this forum :)

ciara
09-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Hi there neighbor!
I agree - 400 miles for $45 is so much better than paying $100 with 22mpg at best.
I got my CX-5 from East Brunswick Open Road Mazda. They gave me the best trade value and a good deal on CX-5 because I was buying one off the lot. (At first I was looking for Stormy Blue/sand leather GT+tech FWD.. very particular, I know :) -- which did not seem to exist in 5 nearby dealerships.. I didn't want to wait 3 months to be shipped from Japan). I have looked and test drove Nissan Rogue, Toyota RAV4, and Ford Escape, but settled on Mazda. I have spoken to at least 3 other Mazda dealerships and visited one (Hamilton - didn't have a good experience), but EB Mazda worked with me to earn my business...

What about you, whereabouts in Central NJ?

Oh, and forgot to add - I have Stormy Blue with sand leather (dealer install, because I wanted heated seats), Touring+mooroof/bose package, FWD.
Hi MazdaDriverNJ, I would love to see pics of the interior of your CX-5 of the dealer installed leather seats. I also have a touring, moonroof/bose package and would like to see end result.

bradfordT
09-29-2012, 11:34 PM
I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and I traded in a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI. It had the 2.0T turbocharged engine with a 6-speed manual. It was a fun car to drive BUT was a horrible car to own!!! Having to only use premium gas really sucked... but the biggest problem was that it was constantly breaking down. I lost count of how many times it was in the shop. One of the last time I was there they brought out my past files, and it was so much they had to use 2 file folders and was about 3in thick. They then told me that they only had the past 3 years because they purge their files every few years. When it came time to get rid of it... I had to do some negotiating but I got within $125 of the price I wanted for the car. I'm glad I got rid of it, and so far I'm really enjoying my new CX-5!

andyg
09-30-2012, 01:39 PM
HI all--traded a 2007 Toyota RAV4. Loved the car, but had high mileage, a small leak around the windshield, and starting to have some problems. More than that,I guess I really wanted to buy myself a 50th birthday present:-)

MazdaDriverNJ
09-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi MazdaDriverNJ, I would love to see pics of the interior of your CX-5 of the dealer installed leather seats. I also have a touring, moonroof/bose package and would like to see end result.
Hi ciara,
I'm going to try to post some pictures, apologies in advance that they are not best quality - the car was in the garage and the light was not very good.
Also I was trying to get seats and the door panels.. again sorry for the bad quality.

MazdaDriverNJ
09-30-2012, 08:47 PM
And one last one..

ciara
10-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Hi ciara,
I'm going to try to post some pictures, apologies in advance that they are not best quality - the car was in the garage and the light was not very good.
Also I was trying to get seats and the door panels.. again sorry for the bad quality.

WOW!!! Thanks MazdaDriverNJ...Beautifully done and looks excellent with your exterior color!!! How much did you pay for the leather seats and door panels including the heater? Are the controls of the heater unit the same as on the Grand Touring model?

SapphireHearts
10-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Traded in an 07 Mazda 6i SVE. Mileage was getting up there. Wanted something newer with warranty and better mpg's.

CX-SV
10-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Traded in an 07 Mazda 6i SVE. Mileage was getting up there. Wanted something newer with warranty and better mpg's.

What's the SVE? Is the gas mileage much better?

MazdaDriverNJ
10-01-2012, 08:59 PM
WOW!!! Thanks MazdaDriverNJ...Beautifully done and looks excellent with your exterior color!!! How much did you pay for the leather seats and door panels including the heater? Are the controls of the heater unit the same as on the Grand Touring model?

Hi ciara, thanks!! And those were terrible pictures.. I actually felt pretty bad so I decided to wash my car today and take new pictures :) Which I did, maybe I'll post later.

How much was it - I would need to find my Mazda folder (what I remember was each door was $50, so $200 for 4 doors).. But the price for the seats was lower than what I would pay if I was do that myself (they said "dealer cost") - they wanted to move the car, I didn't want to wait 3 months for the one with my specific wishes, and while at first I was only considering GT+tech, I was agreeing to Touring+'tech'.. However having heated seats was very important to me. I use that feature more than I use the heat itself! So leather + heated front seats was something I did not want to compromise on.. (and you know, the fact that I'm going from Mercedes to a Mazda.. lol..). The controls for the heat are next to cup holders, they are very nice. I'll try to remember to take a pic of that and post tomorrow.

ciara
10-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi ciara, thanks!! And those were terrible pictures.. I actually felt pretty bad so I decided to wash my car today and take new pictures :) Which I did, maybe I'll post later.

How much was it - I would need to find my Mazda folder (what I remember was each door was $50, so $200 for 4 doors).. But the price for the seats was lower than what I would pay if I was do that myself (they said "dealer cost") - they wanted to move the car, I didn't want to wait 3 months for the one with my specific wishes, and while at first I was only considering GT+tech, I was agreeing to Touring+'tech'.. However having heated seats was very important to me. I use that feature more than I use the heat itself! So leather + heated front seats was something I did not want to compromise on.. (and you know, the fact that I'm going from Mercedes to a Mazda.. lol.. but it was 100% my decision). The controls for the heat are next to cup holders, they are very nice. I'll try to remember to take a pic of that and post tomorrow.
Thanks for the info MazdaDriverNJ! I would love to see the new pics you took too...also the pic of the heater controls would be great. Are you happy with your decision to go from Mercedes to a Mazda?

Gio26NJ
10-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Those custom seats look great! we got our CX-5's at the same dealer by the way :)

MazdaDriverNJ
10-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Those custom seats look great! we got our CX-5's at the same dealer by the way :)
Thank you!
Yes it's nice to see more CX-5's on the road, I feel like I'm the only one! :) Every time me and my 9-year old daughter see one, we have a long comparison discussion about it.. lol

blackfin1
10-02-2012, 12:48 PM
I traded in a volvo XC60 probably the best car I have ever had. Luxurious interior, fully automatic, navigation, great sound system plenty of power, just an all around great car. I had to trade it in because I could not afford the payments, and maintenance. So, I now drive a CX5 which does not compare to the volvo but it runs and is good on mileage.
Sal

SapphireHearts
10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
What's the SVE? Is the gas mileage much better?

Sport Value Edition..Was getting 25-27mpg...so it's a lil better

Gregx-5
10-02-2012, 05:13 PM
2001 Ford Ranger V6, manual transmission.

Bought a Silver Sport Manual!

dccinci
10-02-2012, 08:25 PM
BMW X3 ('08).
1) Fuel economy
2) CX-5 is just as fun to drive as far as how it handles, though the X3 definitely had more power and the AWD was excellent.
3) Almost identical interior space, perhaps slightly more in the CX-5

Gregx-5
10-03-2012, 08:47 AM
BMW X3 ('08).
1) Fuel economy
2) CX-5 is just as fun to drive as far as how it handles, though the X3 definitely had more power and the AWD was excellent.
3) Almost identical interior space, perhaps slightly more in the CX-5

Was fuel economy the main reason or was the BMW getting old?

MazdaDriverNJ
10-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the info MazdaDriverNJ! I would love to see the new pics you took too...also the pic of the heater controls would be great. Are you happy with your decision to go from Mercedes to a Mazda?

Hi, I took 2 pics of the heat controls - one close-up and one a little farther just to show button placement.. The weather is getting cooler so I used the heat yesterday, loved it!

P.S. the pics of my car are in my profile - I uploaded to an album... see if you can access it, lmk!

ciara
10-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Hi, I took 2 pics of the heat controls - one close-up and one a little farther just to show button placement.. The weather is getting cooler so I used the heat yesterday, loved it!

P.S. the pics of my car are in my profile - I uploaded to an album... see if you can access it, lmk!
Hey, thanks so much for posting the pics of the heater controls. They look great. Also, I looked at the pics in your album and they came out excellent...love the leather. I asked my dealer about the cost $1,100 plus heater unit over $400. He's going to ask how much to do the doors. I'll be saving up for it because it looks awesome on your CX-5. Thanks again!

nizzy1115
10-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi ciara,

That is some very nice leather work you had done. Very impressive!

MazdaDriverNJ
10-08-2012, 05:49 PM
That is some very nice leather work you had done. Very impressive!
Thanks! I am also very happy with it. Can't imagine if I kept the beige fabric - would get dirty quickly.. I think that was my biggest concern - my personal preference is the cleanness :)

Chris_Top_Her
10-10-2012, 05:16 AM
Traded an orange 4spd auto 2006 ford escape 4wd XLT low miles (55k). Was basically my first car and wanted an upgrade in interior and amenities. Gas mileage was ok. Only thing I really miss is the power. Turning overdrive off (at the cost of higher rpm's/mpg) gave me alot of oopmh especially in 4th gear.

etop8222
10-10-2012, 11:57 PM
I traded my 08 CX-7 and wanted to get another CX-7. Had to settle for the CX-5 and happy so far. The 3 way temperature settings for the seats are a welcome improvement.

doughboyr6
10-12-2012, 12:00 AM
this is what i traded in. 05 GT 2.3L. miss the 5spd and power (compared to the cx-5)

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/272/dsc01414t.jpg

Donald A
10-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Traded 2007 Jeep Compass. It was the biggest pile of crap I have ever owned. I won't go into detail, but, it had to go.
We needed AWD for the snow here and settled on the Touring with the tech package, moon roof, and Bose.
Great purchase.

frossach
10-12-2012, 10:42 AM
sold my 2010 Honda CRV, best thing i have ever done

theworm
10-13-2012, 02:06 AM
BMW 335i -2007

CX-SV
10-16-2012, 12:42 AM
BMW 335i -2007

Now that's a big change in vehicles. Did you like the BMW?

miki69
10-16-2012, 01:41 PM
2010 Mazda CX-7 2.2 Diesel 173hp manual

Barnstaple boy
10-16-2012, 07:19 PM
I traded in a SAAB 93 1.9 tdi Sportwagen, which was my eighth consecutive SAAB since 1973. It was a horrible GM hybrid and not a true SAAB like all the others. I guess that if the company hadn't gone belly up or had been rescued and gone back to its roots, I might still be one of the SAAB faithful, and SAAB had a small but rock solid customer base. But that's life and I must move on.
I had made up my mind that my next car would be a crossover with its high ride making getting in and out a lot easier (an age thing). So after quite a lot of research I decided on the CX-5. The British designed and built Nissan Qashqai (I think it has another name in the US) ran a close second but had recently been downgraded to a 1.6D, the 2litre no longer available with a manual gearbox.
Although Mazda is a much larger company than SAAB, they are small compared to their three main Japanese rivals. Also I felt that Mazda and SAAB had some similarities. In a similar way to SAAB Mazda are innovative and seek sophisticated engineering solutions to problems rather than gimmicks. The Mazda slogan “Defy Convention” seemed very similar in its message to a couple of old SAAB slogans like “Dare to be Different” and “Move your Mind”.
It's very strange seeing something other than a SAAB on the driveway now, but I must say that the CX-5 2.2D manual in zeal red is a handsome beast and it's a cracker to drive too.

Pudde
10-16-2012, 07:20 PM
traded my 2011 chevy truck standard cab short bed Z71. mpg was not so hot for a commuter car..lol cx5 is like twice as much now..even with 154 miles on it :)

theworm
10-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Now that's a big change in vehicles. Did you like the BMW?
Yeah, its so far from each other as it could be :D
I did like the BMW, got it tuned to over 400bhp, coupé, sportscar. I did change becouse we wanted more comfort, better economy and a NEW car.
The CX5 will have more tech then the BMW, be 5years newer, cheaper to own.. but you sure do sacrifice the fun of that sportscar, to the comfort of a SUV.

You simply get so much more for your money, BMW isn't worth it, not this time.

DesertCX5
06-19-2013, 07:27 PM
04 Infiniti G35 Sedan. Traded because of fuel economy and faulty electronics

Seminole
06-19-2013, 08:18 PM
2008 BMW E90 328i. I got tired of the repair and maintenance costs. I was coming up on needing new tires, brakes, rotors, and some other maintenance items and it was going to cost me a few thousand for all of that. Plus it had high mileage for the year since I drive a lot for work, so I cut my losses and got rid of it while I could.

GoingToBeBroke
06-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Honda CRV 08. Had a 2003 CRV prior to that..very happy with the CRV's did not like the looks of the latest generation esp the back..very reminiscent of the Pontiac Aztec. husband said get something different for a change...was between the Rav-4 and CX-5. BSM sold me on the CX-5...

Fleeecy
06-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Traded in a 2010 Stormy Blue CX-7 GX w/ Luxury package (leather, Bluetooth, moonroof).

The CX-7 was getting worse on gas over time (it was drinking 12-13L/100 KM recently, from 10L/100 when new for the base 2.5L engine without turbo). It needed bodywork repairs and was starting to develop issues with brakes before hitting 50K kilometres on the odo. Not to mention the front power windows that had a mind of their own, during hot summer days. I never was able to adjust to the CX-7's rather poor headlights, also.

Faced with an upcoming $1300 service bill and quickly decreasing resale values on CX-7s, I just caved in and decided to go for the 2014 CX-5 GT 2.5. Love the extra power and extra toys in the CX-5 GT, but I do miss the CX-7's trip computer (I still feel cheated that Mazda cheapened out on that on a 35K CUV like the CX-5 GT) and passenger's side power window. I'm also still not loving the really low position of the clock in the CX-5, or its USB interface (we all know why).

Felt_Rider
06-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Traded in a 2004 Nissan Titan.......goodbye 12 mpg and multiple recalls.

Because it had 3 recalls I did not want to sell this truck. 2 of the recalls were just me being slow responding, but one I had fixed under the recall that impacted the airbags was a repeated failure and Nissan told me that they addressed it once and are not obligated to address it again. I spliced the wiring harness myself and got it fixed at home, but did not feel like it was something I wanted to pass off to a private buyer. I know someone will probably end up with it from an auto auction, but at least I feel better about trading it instead. There were other costs coming up as well. Plus I had been tired of the constant droning of the V-8 and performance exhaust system where there was rarely a quiet moment. Sounded pretty cool the first day I bought it, but got old quick.

With just a few hundred miles so far I am really happy with the CX-5. I have had one minor issue with the side mirror sensor not turning off once a car passes. Typically this happens on a multilane interstate at highway speeds and passing or being passed on the left or the right. The right side seems to turn off fairly consistently. The driver side seems to get stuck on. I will ask the dealer when I take it back for the first oil change.

CG12
06-20-2013, 08:37 AM
02 Honda CRV EX - 152K miles. averaged about 21-22 MPG. It was time.

Dr_Watson
06-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Golf 5, R32 DSG, great car, just too small.

sylva143
06-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Honda CRV 08. Had a 2003 CRV prior to that..very happy with the CRV's did not like the looks of the latest generation esp the back..very reminiscent of the Pontiac Aztec. husband said get something different for a change...was between the Rav-4 and CX-5. BSM sold me on the CX-5...

I have to agree. I was driving a 2007 CRV but was not impressed with the new design, so I went for the much better looking CX-5. The previous CRV generation was fun looking, but the new generation looks too utilitarian.

REDOTTERRICH
06-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Traded in 2004 Golf GL. I loved it to be honest, but it was starting to need many replacements (with reason). I had nearly 200k miles on it, and it got 37 city/ 40 hwy (I think I had a fluke, and loved that I could go 500 miles on a tank). Though it was roomy, I am 6'2" guy who has been on 4 deployments on a ship (kills those knees) and getting in an out became a task.

I got the manual CX-5, and I can make some headway with speed. 1st gear is the only problem child, but at 2nd I can zip past those other "more powerful" cars. Gotta remember that sometimes it's HOW you drive, not how much power you have.

But I will always have mad love for my VW Golf.

OctSK
06-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Sold in a private sale a 2001 Toyota Celica GT. Loved that car soo much, drove and handled amazingly. I used it over several winters as well and I only got stuck once because I did not have winter tires on it. Worked overseas for a while so did not drive it, had only 84000 km on it. I loved every bit of this car (I drove other newer Toyotas and I thought the built quality went down since the older days). Anyway, a couple of years ago we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl so we needed a second car to serve the purpose...so my ride had to go and got replaced with a 2014 GS AWD CX 5. Rav4 was a close second on our shopping list but we went with the CX 5 for the way it drives. Time will tell if we made the right/best choice.

fegriffith
06-20-2013, 11:46 AM
'04 Honda CR-V EX with 126k miles. I actually think I could have kept her going for at least 2 more years as I had done a good job with maintenance, but I had 2 substantial things go...and I was worried it was just the beginning. Saddly I still miss my CR-V, mainly because I loved all the storage spaces and thoughtful things, such as a hook on the fold down tray that you could put the handles of a plastic bag into for carryout or something (kept it from spilling everywhere). Miss having a place for my purse. And even though the CX-5 is only ever so slightly bigger, I am having one heck of a time front parking it. I can back into anything, but every time I pull into a space and think I got it smack in the middle I get out to find I'm tight on one side or the other. I think it must have something to do with the turning radius differences between the 2 vehicles. I think the CX-5 actually is a bit tighter so I'm not starting to turn in early enough resulting in being off center.

I am enjoying the new car experience, but wish I had gone for the Touring model with the tech and bose packages, rather than the GT. I hate the leather. I do like the door lock technology though. I wish I could find decent seat covers for the front and back though...that's how much I hate the leather.

John C
06-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi, traded in 2006 Honda Ridgeline. Gas mileage was 12 - 15 mpg. CX5 avg's 27, love that, but miss the storage space on the ridgeline.

dad of jon
06-20-2013, 12:41 PM
I traded in a 2007 kia/rondo-carens with 42,000 miles on it. no unexpected bills and I wanted a new one, but the new model has less power.

didn't need 7 seats anymore and wanted more power and mpg. liked the size of the old car the cx5 is about the same size. although its poor for storage cubby holes compared to the kia.

Gareth45
06-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Traded in Honda FRV 2.2 ictdi love the car but no replacement from Honda have a safety critical job so needed replacement and cx-5 fitted the bill

NascarSigEp
06-20-2013, 04:25 PM
We traded a 2004 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd. We got the Cx-5 because it is the best vehicle on the market for a small family that can use the AWD for the price bar none. Plus it is fun to drive. It has a personality. There are so many vehicles out there that feels just a cage on wheels.

loximoto
06-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Traded in a 2005 Peugeot 307SW Speed'up 2.0 140hp with 103000 km on the odometer.
CX-5 was a good (and original) choice for a 4-person family living in a hilly northern Italy city.

kittykat
06-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Traded in my 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan with 248,000 miles on it. Husband wanted me to take it to a cool quarter mil, but I said no. I've had my CX-5 for a week and so far absolutely lovin' it. I drive 70 highway miles round trip to work. Wow, no more gas hog!

Voda Pas
06-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Traded my 2004 BMW 325Ci. I miss that car quite a bit, but the CX-5's sportiness has done an impressive job of keeping me happy when the road gets twisty.

MazdaNordic
06-22-2013, 03:55 AM
2002 Volvo V70 2.4D (BSR 197hp)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Roymikal/DSCN68241.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Roymikal/media/DSCN68241.jpg.html)

MikeM.
06-22-2013, 02:25 PM
We didn't trade anything in-the CX-5 is in addition to a Volvo S-80 and an F-150. Both get driven less which is good because the S-80 gets 24 MPG and the F-150 only gets 17 MPG. Plus, the CX-5 is a lot more fun to drive than either.

Geoff
06-22-2013, 03:02 PM
My previous car was a 2008 Volvo C70 D5 Geartronic.... Loved that car but it was absolutely useless in the snow, thats why I went for the AWD CX5.

Latitude Adj.
06-23-2013, 07:27 AM
Well the plan was to keep my CX-7 and trade my wifes toyota for something more interesting like maybe a Lotus or RX-7 but the CX-7 came to a violent death. It had been trouble free for 150,000 miles except for problems I caused by putting too aggressive brakes on it so we went for another Mazda. I do miss the Turbo :(

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=203107&d=1371986339

Heritage07
06-23-2013, 08:35 AM
No trade, gave my wife's maxima 240,000 miles and going strong (my old car) to my son. Gave my old 2000 pathfinder to my other son, so the CX5 replaced the pathfinder. Needed an SUV for Home Depot trips!

touringchemist
06-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Didn't trade anything in, 2000 Nissan Sentra went to my brother, eventually I'll be getting something new to complement the CX-5 so the fiance will be able to drive it full time

Reggae
06-23-2013, 09:44 PM
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS reason just did not want to keep buying 91 and higher octane every time I filled up. It's nice to get regular now.

Blackacre
06-24-2013, 08:14 PM
2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited. I have to say, the CX-5 is getting better mileage at 2000 miles than the Sonata did!

Tagbert
06-30-2013, 09:43 PM
2004 Mazda 6s. Wonderful car but, now that we own a home, we need to be able to haul more stuff.

costermonger
06-30-2013, 10:40 PM
2005 Mazda6. Loved it, but it had an engine issue that would've cost more to fix than the car was worth at this point. Wanted something bigger anyway, so it wasn't totally unplanned.

Thud
07-01-2013, 01:42 PM
New Here... just posting because I just traded in my 2005 Mazda 6 Wagon for a 14 CX-5 AWD Grand Touring w/Tech.

The 6 was great but it was time for something different.

cwstnsko
07-02-2013, 03:21 PM
I traded in a loaded 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. I was looking for similar utility and was willing to sacrifice the 3rd row of seats to get the extra 10 mpg. So far The CX-5 is beating my expectations for MPG and seems to be just the right size for the people & stuff I haul. I wouldn't want to go any smaller.

CX-5-2013
07-02-2013, 09:38 PM
2010 Ford Fusion SEL.

lcann25
07-02-2013, 10:27 PM
2004 Ford Exploder Sport Trac

J-Chow
07-03-2013, 03:54 PM
New member here. Transferred from the NASIOC subaru club.

Traded in my 06' subaru impreza for my 14' mazda cx5. The subaru wasn't cutting it for storage (especially when the rear seats don't fold down), so I had to upgrade and prepare for future considerations with the wifey.

Previous car:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/seney/041-5.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/seney/media/041-5.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/seney/057-2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/seney/media/057-2.jpg.html)

Current car:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/seney/cx52.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/seney/media/cx52.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/seney/cx5.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/seney/media/cx5.jpg.html)

Loving the new cx5, but miss my boxer rumble on my subaru.
Hope to contribute to this new forum by any means needed.

Cheers.

Meat
07-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Our high mileage gas-guzzling, timing chain-busting SRX:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/527411_3702776771409_979757340_n.jpg

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/151069.png (http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Meatstick62/srx)

Woodys2718
07-07-2013, 08:18 AM
2001 Chevy Blazer w/130,000 miles.

I was tired of the high cost of repairs that seem to happen every year. Horrible gas mileage, 16 mpg if lucky. This was my 2nd vehicle as I also own a 2010 Mustang GT which is primarily my "Garage Queen".

frankzz
07-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Just picked up my new 2014 CX5 GT couple days ago and traded in 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR

Gas Milage, Practicallity and maintainance cost. Though missed driving that EVO.

ilvrr1
07-08-2013, 12:46 PM
I traded in a 2010 GMC Acadia, dismal mileage in town. Only slightly better on a trip. Waited several months for 2.5L engine for enough HP. Extremely pleased with CX-5, mileage and performance.

edhchoe
07-09-2013, 11:03 PM
I traded in 2006 MX-5. I had it for 15 months. It was my 3rd miata. I was finally done with auto crossing and I needed more cargo space. The last miata was bullet proof so I wanted to give CX5 a try.
I didn't want any other CUV/SUV because of lower mpg and boring looks and higher prices. I only test drove CX5 manual and automatic. My plan was to keep miata if I don't like CX5. However, my test drive of the automatic CX5 was very satisfying.

https://post.craigslist.org/imagepreview/00f0f_2ulhUOHV3M0_600x450.jpg

sweet
07-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Traded a 09 Subaru Impreza for a 2013 CX-5 GT...Got rear ended last month on an interstate. Held up so well, just traded it for a 2014 GT.

Fish64
07-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Traded an '04 Mazda 3, 5 speed; great car, lots of zoom-zoom, but with rust issues. Have had the CX 5 for 4 months now, lovin' it!

CX-SV
07-14-2013, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=sweet;6189919]Traded a 09 Subaru Impreza for a 2013 CX-5 GT...Got rear ended last month on an interstate. Held up so well, just traded it for a 2014 GT.[/

Let us know your feedback on 2.0 vs 2.5 in your CX-5's owned.

sweet
07-14-2013, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=sweet;6189919]Traded a 09 Subaru Impreza for a 2013 CX-5 GT...Got rear ended last month on an interstate. Held up so well, just traded it for a 2014 GT.[/

Let us know your feedback on 2.0 vs 2.5 in your CX-5's owned.

Will do....But my initial reaction: there is a definite difference in acceleration, from a standing stop. Not outrageous, but noticeable. I was a "runner" for two years at a Mazda dealership (swapped or did deliveries through out the Northeast, 9 states). I know Mazdas very well, have literally driven hundreds and hundreds of them, from Mazda 2's to CX-9's. It's about the same difference there was in driving a (pre-skyactive) 2L Mazda 3, compared to a 2.5L...Both are livable.

iced_theater
07-14-2013, 11:00 PM
2006 Chrysler 300 Touring.

Fuel economy, had a little over 100,000 miles, I just wanted something new.

ourlee
07-27-2013, 08:57 PM
01 Old Man Emo TJ with 45k miles.

IgoZoom
07-28-2013, 12:05 AM
I'm seriously considering trading a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring for a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD. When I bought my CX-9 (about 8 months ago), we needed at least one 6-7 seater in the family. I traded in an '07 Explorer (from Hell) with a 3rd row seat and actually had a 2003 Explorer with 3-rows before it. But my little sister just bought a 2011 Honda Odyssey to fill that occasional need for carrying more than five passengers. Being a minivan, it's also more comfortable and roomier in the back row, so I really don't "need" a large SUV/Crossover that averages 18-19mpg.

I love my CX-9, especially the peformance and handling...but the CX-5 with the 2.5L engine is almost as quick, handles even better, has a more modern interior design and features and I can easily improve my fuel economy 9-10mpg overall (or more)!

I'm also not thrilled with the color I picked for my CX-9- Crystal White Pearl. I originally wanted Dolphin Gray until I saw how green it looked in person. I was buying a 2012 model at the end of November 2012, so the 2013 models were already out and I was looking at last year's model. So some color/option combos just weren't available. My first choice would have been a Liquid Silver GT FWD with Moonroof/Bose Pkg but it was nowhere to be found. So I settled for a color that I wasn't really crazy about, but the deal I got made it much more attractive. It stickered for $38,385 and I paid $29,207 plus Sales Tax and $66 Tag/Title fees.

That deal is also the only reason I would consider trading in a car that's less than a year old! The selling dealer is willing to give me $25,500 trade-in and sell me a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD, Soul Red, Technology Package for $28,360 plus tax/tag/title. As soon as they get one in, currently they have two Soul Red GTs w/o Technology Package. The next one that meets those specs is on order and scheduled to arrive in 4-5 weeks.

The only thing holding me back from putting a deposit down on it is sitting right there in the same showroom- the 2014 Mazda6! Since I no longer need a 7-seater, I can get something other than an SUV if I wanted. And the Mazda6 is awfully tempting! A Soul Red Grand Touring with Advanced Technology Package would cost me about $29,600 with $1000 Loyalty Bonus. Again, this exact car is also on order and scheduled to arrive in about two weeks. I plan to take it for a test drive as soon as it rolls off the truck and then I'll decide. I'll either leave with the new Mazda6 or leave with a deposit and signed contract for the CX-5 coming a couple of weeks later! =)

I'm VERY fortunate that I don't have a loan on my CX-9 (Nana was very generous to me and my sister in her will). So I'll be financing no more than $4500.

sylva143
07-28-2013, 08:12 AM
Sounds like you are in good shape for the trade. Like you, I had to do some heavy justifying to trade in a new car (traded a '13 cx5 for a '14 cx5 for the better engine and bells/ whistles. After enduring the disapproving looks from others, I can now say that I am extremely happy with my choice. If you find something that will really suit your needs and make you satisfied, then to for it.

sweet
07-28-2013, 09:18 AM
We've had the '14 CX-5 GT for a week now (traded the '13 GT). There is DEFINITELY a difference in power. We got the same color blue, so nobody knows that we got ANOTHER new car (that makes 10 since 1998). People are funny (sic). Not everyone is happy for you when you get a NEW car. I've had neighbors, co-workers, family, make remarks like :"You like to waste money", "Must be nice to be rich" (I'm not) , "You didn't need a new car."...If I'm not in a good mood, I' MAY respond: "It's MY money"..Or" Why do you care what I do?"...If I'm in a good mood, I may explain to them that I was driving over 50 miles, round trip to work, and my wife was driving 70 miles round trip. I'd mention that it's knowing WHAT car to pick and when to get rid of it. In the late '90's, it was the Subaru Foresters, in the early 2000's it was the small crew cab pick up trucks. Example: Bought the Subarus for $24000, got $22000-$22500 for trades, a Nissan Frontier ('00) $24000, got $24000 for a trade....There is one neighbor, that this REALLY bothers. I told her (me not in a good mood). You have a piece of crap 2005 Santé Fe in your driveway and you have a lot more money in that, than I have in my NEW Mazda. What you paid for it, what you paid to maintain it (lots), what you paid to REPAIR it (lots), what you pay for gas . It's full of dents and scratches and don't forget the rust. And when you trade it in you'll get next to nothing.....I'll keep doing things my way. She doesn't talk to me very much anymore.

CX-SV
07-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Some story, maybe time to consider trading up house (and neighbors).

Tell us more about comparing CX-5 2013 to 2014 please.

sweet
07-28-2013, 02:09 PM
It feels exactly like the '13...Except for the power. It has more torque, so it climbs hills easier. When you hit the gas to get in passing gear, you notice it accelerates, and CONTINUES to accelerate. It's not a HUGE difference, but it is a difference....I haven't tried the city brakes, I'll take their word for it. If someone is satisfied with the 2013, and the power it has, KEEP it....That's the "only" difference. We traded ours because of an accident, otherwise we'd still have it!

IgoZoom
07-28-2013, 03:34 PM
We've had the '14 CX-5 GT for a week now (traded the '13 GT). There is DEFINITELY a difference in power. We got the same color blue, so nobody knows that we got ANOTHER new car (that makes 10 since 1998). People are funny (sic). Not everyone is happy for you when you get a NEW car. I've had neighbors, co-workers, family, make remarks like :"You like to waste money", "Must be nice to be rich" (I'm not) , "You didn't need a new car."...If I'm not in a good mood, I' MAY respond: "It's MY money"..Or" Why do you care what I do?"...If I'm in a good mood, I may explain to them that I was driving over 50 miles, round trip to work, and my wife was driving 70 miles round trip. I'd mention that it's knowing WHAT car to pick and when to get rid of it. In the late '90's, it was the Subaru Foresters, in the early 2000's it was the small crew cab pick up trucks. Example: Bought the Subarus for $24000, got $22000-$22500 for trades, a Nissan Frontier ('00) $24000, got $24000 for a trade....There is one neighbor, that this REALLY bothers. I told her (me not in a good mood). You have a piece of crap 2005 Santé Fe in your driveway and you have a lot more money in that, than I have in my NEW Mazda. What you paid for it, what you paid to maintain it (lots), what you paid to REPAIR it (lots), what you pay for gas . It's full of dents and scratches and don't forget the rust. And when you trade it in you'll get next to nothing.....I'll keep doing things my way. She doesn't talk to me very much anymore.

If you ever really lose it you could always quote Betty White's character from "Lake Placid" when the Sheriff asked if she fed her hubby to the crocodile/beast- "If I had a d!ck, this is where I'd tell you to suck it!" =)

IgoZoom
07-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Here's the YouTube clip of that Betty White quote- SUCK IT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgRwTe1aSRY)

sylva143
07-29-2013, 10:19 AM
It feels exactly like the '13...Except for the power. It has more torque, so it climbs hills easier. When you hit the gas to get in passing gear, you notice it accelerates, and CONTINUES to accelerate. It's not a HUGE difference, but it is a difference....I haven't tried the city brakes, I'll take their word for it. If someone is satisfied with the 2013, and the power it has, KEEP it....That's the "only" difference. We traded ours because of an accident, otherwise we'd still have it!

I am in complete agreement with you. After putting nearly 3,000 miles on my new '14 GT, I can say that the performance/acceleration improves with time. I have new confidence in scooting around slow traffic, merging, etc.

One thing that has taken time to get used to is the 19 inch tires. Steering response is more immediate, and it has taken some time for me to adjust, but I think I am good with it, at this point. I'm also loving the backup camera, blind spot monitor, and new configuration of rear seating. I spend some additional money but feel that I received my money's worth.

Perusal
07-29-2013, 10:36 AM
2010 Jaguar XF saloon (235hp)

Just fabulous to drive but impractical for my needs and not exactly the cheapest car to own.

mjh84
07-29-2013, 04:08 PM
I traded in my 2010 Mazda3 Hatchback w/ 41,000 miles on it. It had a couple dents on the driver's side door, but nothing serious. Other than that, it was in perfect condition. I did get rear-ended in it 3 years back and the bumper was replaced. I wish i would have asked for diminished value when dealing with insurance at the time, but didn't know about that! Now i do. It cost me about 900 dollars off my trade-in (i was told)

All said and done, i got 12,200 in trade-in for it which was right on KBB value for it.

sxa
07-31-2013, 03:53 PM
I traded in a 2006 Hyundai Accent.

I bought the Accent in 2008 used back while still in College, at that time all I cared about was fuel economy and a cheap car and that is what I got. Even though I put nearly 100,000 miles on it in the 5 years that I owned it I didn't really enjoy driving it. In 2010 I had rented a Mazda 3 and was initially keen on getting the Mazda 3 when I discovered the CX-5. After researching and then test driving I decided to open the check book.

I love my CX-5, bought it in March -- it now has 4000k miles on it (but will likely have 7000 on it after August with planned trips to California and Texas).

redline3104
07-31-2013, 06:06 PM
2011 civic si sedan... loved the car but had engine issues and no one could figure it out, plus it sucked gas like crazy if I ever wanted to hit vtec

ourlee
08-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Love that gen Si.

HelloMello
08-03-2013, 08:17 PM
2010 Civic LXS sedan that had minor electrical problems. It was a 3 year lease with only 15k miles on ODO and did not want to keep it, so I needed another ride. Purchased this time, though maybe should have leased. CX-5 looks great.

officialtom
08-04-2013, 08:48 PM
2012 Elantra GLS 6spd manual being traded for a 2014 CX-5 GT. Delivery 2-3 weeks from one Canadian coast to another...

mixmasterlove
08-11-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm seriously considering trading a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring for a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD. When I bought my CX-9 (about 8 months ago), we needed at least one 6-7 seater in the family. I traded in an '07 Explorer (from Hell) with a 3rd row seat and actually had a 2003 Explorer with 3-rows before it. But my little sister just bought a 2011 Honda Odyssey to fill that occasional need for carrying more than five passengers. Being a minivan, it's also more comfortable and roomier in the back row, so I really don't "need" a large SUV/Crossover that averages 18-19mpg.

I love my CX-9, especially the peformance and handling...but the CX-5 with the 2.5L engine is almost as quick, handles even better, has a more modern interior design and features and I can easily improve my fuel economy 9-10mpg overall (or more)!

I'm also not thrilled with the color I picked for my CX-9- Crystal White Pearl. I originally wanted Dolphin Gray until I saw how green it looked in person. I was buying a 2012 model at the end of November 2012, so the 2013 models were already out and I was looking at last year's model. So some color/option combos just weren't available. My first choice would have been a Liquid Silver GT FWD with Moonroof/Bose Pkg but it was nowhere to be found. So I settled for a color that I wasn't really crazy about, but the deal I got made it much more attractive. It stickered for $38,385 and I paid $29,207 plus Sales Tax and $66 Tag/Title fees.

That deal is also the only reason I would consider trading in a car that's less than a year old! The selling dealer is willing to give me $25,500 trade-in and sell me a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD, Soul Red, Technology Package for $28,360 plus tax/tag/title. As soon as they get one in, currently they have two Soul Red GTs w/o Technology Package. The next one that meets those specs is on order and scheduled to arrive in 4-5 weeks.

The only thing holding me back from putting a deposit down on it is sitting right there in the same showroom- the 2014 Mazda6! Since I no longer need a 7-seater, I can get something other than an SUV if I wanted. And the Mazda6 is awfully tempting! A Soul Red Grand Touring with Advanced Technology Package would cost me about $29,600 with $1000 Loyalty Bonus. Again, this exact car is also on order and scheduled to arrive in about two weeks. I plan to take it for a test drive as soon as it rolls off the truck and then I'll decide. I'll either leave with the new Mazda6 or leave with a deposit and signed contract for the CX-5 coming a couple of weeks later! =)

I'm VERY fortunate that I don't have a loan on my CX-9 (Nana was very generous to me and my sister in her will). So I'll be financing no more than $4500.

Similar to you I have a fully loaded 2012 9 with only 2400 miles (my wife doesn't drive anywhere AND its 8 months old) and I'm thinking of trading it in for a 6 AND giving my wife my 2014 cx-5 gt. What to do, what to do........

Z51Freak40
08-11-2013, 05:53 PM
1996 Honda Passport... for real

karog
08-11-2013, 07:28 PM
1989 Acura Legend 2 Dr Coupe 5 Speed manual. It needed a new full exhaust system and brake work. It was past time.

Inferno2ss
08-11-2013, 08:43 PM
2010 Camaro SS. Loved my Camaro, but need something for the snow and to tow a Jet Ski so had to trade it in.

One thing I definitely wont miss is the 14.3 MPG I was getting.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/26489_418642072773_3946918_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/26489_417875692773_7526505_n.jpg

IgoZoom
08-11-2013, 09:50 PM
1989 Acura Legend 2 Dr Coupe 5 Speed manual. It needed a new full exhaust system and brake work. It was past time.

Even the best of the best eventually succumb to age. I had a '90 Legend 4-door 5-speed manual (Gray/gray cloth) and it was such an awesome car. I bought it from the original owner in 1997 and was broad-sided by a drunk SOB in 1999 and totaled it....

JustMazda
08-12-2013, 05:55 AM
I sold my Mazdaspeed6 2007 for a 2013 CX5 AWD 2.2 Diesel Turbo!

Had the Mazdaspeed6 for 6+ years and felt like a change - I didn't want a bigger car (size wise) which the new Mazda6 is by about 8cm over my old MP6, so the CX5 it was - and I take delivery in late August.

Both vehicles are turbo, both are AWD... I'm giving up some power a manual geabox and petrol engine. But gaining more torque and better MPG and a diesel engine.

I can't wait!

IgoZoom
08-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Similar to you I have a fully loaded 2012 9 with only 2400 miles (my wife doesn't drive anywhere AND its 8 months old) and I'm thinking of trading it in for a 6 AND giving my wife my 2014 cx-5 gt. What to do, what to do........

I actually have someone who wants to buy my 2012 CX-9 GT (for $27k). I've known him all my life and he has the money to buy a Mazda dealership if he wanted, so he is seriously interested! If all goes well, I think I've decided on the CX-5 Touring FWD, SOUL RED with Black Cloth, Moonroof/Bose Package and I'll add SiriusXM and Rear Backup Sensors later unless I can get the dealer to give me a great deal on them. With tax, I'm looking at just under $26,500 OTD so I won't be out of pocket at all, almost an even trade....

I like the CX-5 Grand Touring, but in SOUL RED it only comes with Black Leather and I live in Georgia.....100-degree summer heat, 100 percent humidity and Black Leather do not make a happy combination! But they don't offer Sand Leather on the GT...even though the GT in Canada comes in SOUL RED with Sand or Black Leather...why do that Canucks gets all the good stuff? First Anne Murray, now this???