Zeal Red with Sand Leather?

jeremy44

:
CX-5 AWD GT with Tech pkg
Hello everyone

Just wanted to get your input on what you guys think of a Zeal Red exterior with Sand Leather interior for CX-5 GT with tech pkg (CDN market)

I originally wanted to go with black leather but found it too "mono" and plain...interior need a bit of contrast since the dash and steering wheel is still black.

Any other colour combo suggestions?

Canada only has 6 colours =( ....
Black Mica, Crystal white, metalicc silver, gray, sky blue and zeal red

i really like the artic white and stormy blue they get in other markets

I've only seen a picture of the sand interior on a stormy blue exterior and yesterday I saw a stormy blue/sand in a parking lot. When I was hunting for my CX5 I really wanted to see a black and sand, red and sand, stormy blue and sand, and white and sand. I thought that the sand would brighten up the interior. I had test driven red and black, black and black, sky blue and black. I too felt that they were all a little "dark".

So then by fate my silver AWD GT w/ tech showed up at a dealership that was on my route on a recent vacation. I had my trade vehicle with me ready to trade. The color was Silver/Black and waxed up and in the sun it "spoke" to me. I just knew that was for me. So I never got to see what I thought I might like, the sand interior.

But here's my impression of the sand interior based on seeing one in a parking lot through the window and the one I saw in a picture. i guess i thought the sand would be the predominant color but it wasn't. The dash was still black, the console, etc. So to me the sand was a little out of place with the black and grey/silver accents in the car. I associate the sand or tan type color with wood grain type dashes or colors that "go" with tan. Now in the beer world a "Black and Tan" goes great but I guess I thought if the exterior was black then a total tan interior would work. That it would brighten up the car, etc. But it didn't for me because there still was a fair amount of black in the car that didn't seem to go with the "sand" color.

Revisiting my own car I find that I love the black interior because it plays off the greys and silver in the console and dash. As well the stabilizer bars going up from the dash are a lighter grey and they play off the black. Then with the moonroof opened up the car lights unjust fine for me.

Looking back I don't think I would go with the sand interior. It seemed to be just on the seats and seemed out of place with the other blacks and silvers of the console/dash areas.

This is my Stormy Blue Mica with Sand Interior. At first I was really unsure about the color. Never owned anything that light before. Always had black or dark gray cloth. It really starts to grow on you after a few days. I love it now.

image-2.jpg

image-1-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I am a little worried about stains and the how easily dirt will begin to accumulate and appear on the fabric, but i'll have to cross that bridge when I get there. Right now I am enjoying the contrasting colors. Seriously like now every time I get in and see the colors i am all how did I ever live without you?

I have it! Red AWD GT tech package w/ sand & black interior. It is wonderful! Of course, every car my family has owned has been red with either black or tan interior---so I was predisposed to like it. The red sparkles the sun, and the two-tone interior keeps it from being too cave-like in there. I'm not too worried about spills. My husband's 10 year old car has a completely tan interior, and it still looks good like new, inspite of spills---you just have to clean up fast. If you haven't seen the tan in person, it is not a yellowish orangy tan. It's more of a creamy silvery tan. Looks great with the dash, which seems more like a very dark charcoal than a black.

With a bit of extra care, tan leather is fine. Great color combo.

I have it! Red AWD GT tech package w/ sand & black interior. It is wonderful! Of course, every car my family has owned has been red with either black or tan interior---so I was predisposed to like it. The red sparkles the sun, and the two-tone interior keeps it from being too cave-like in there. I'm not too worried about spills. My husband's 10 year old car has a completely tan interior, and it still looks good like new, inspite of spills---you just have to clean up fast. If you haven't seen the tan in person, it is not a yellowish orangy tan. It's more of a creamy silvery tan. Looks great with the dash, which seems more like a very dark charcoal than a black.

Nice!
It would be greatly appreciated and wonderful if you can send or post some pictures

I really like that. Love the contrast between the darker materials and exterior. Kinda reminds me what Mazda did with GT trim in some (very few) Speed6 interiors.
Except the MS6's is two-tone. I've have seen it in person. I love it, but it certainly isn't everybody's cup of tea...

13_l.jpg

Back