Took delivery about a week ago, wanted to share buying experience...

This is going to be long, appolgoize in advance....

So last week I took delivery on our brand new black awd cx-5, touring bose / moonroof plus factory navigation (wife wouldn't let me get the fancy headlights, saw it as an opportunity to save 600 bucks....) anyway, I wanted to share our buying experience, thought someone may get some good out of it. all dealerships will remain nameless. if you need to know, pm me and I'll let you know.

I had grown up knowing the family of a large dealership in my area, my father was good friends with the owner as they had gone to high school together. I have known the guy for a while, bought my first car ('99 protege lx) from him on my 16th birthday. Naturally, i went to him in search of our new vehicle.

Here are the prices we were quoted:

Touring AWD w/ tech + moon (msrp 28,255) - 27,528 + ttf = 29,473.72 OTD
Touring AWD w/ moon - 27,163.19 (msrp 27,070) + ttf = 29,078.33 OTD <------- looking back this doesn't really make sense to me... must have been dealer installed goodies on it before hand.

Financed at 2.9% for 60 mo came out to $345 and $338 per month with $4000 down.

We had a trade in appraised at $6,200 (05 chevy equinox ls awd, good condition) and were given a time frame of 6-8 weeks for arrival of a black, silver, or grey.

Last weekend we were around town and i knew a shipment had hit the largest Mazda dealership in Wisconsin on Friday so I stopped at the dealer and took it for another spin, it was a black awd touring with the bose, stickered at 27,125. after talking with the guy we agreed to sit down and talk numbers having what I thought was a fair offer in my pocket as leverage, or if nothing else a reference number to compare.

I told the sales manager about the other offer and (may have embellished a bit) he was surprised what the "other guy" was able to quote me. What he then offered me was the awd w/ moon roof for $100 off the sticker, which was at msrp of 27,125 plus another 1,300 on my trade, and I could take it home that day. Here�s what we were looking at

Touring AWD w/ moon + $500 navigation install - 27,525 + ttf = 29,253 OTD

financed at 1.49% for 60 mo w/ $4000 down and $7500 trade in came out to (around) $316 / month, and I got to drive it home that day.

Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed with the family friend's dealership but I don't feel like I got a raw deal with either. These cars are flying off the lots, as everyone knows and I absolutely love my new car. This is all top of head so my msrp numbers may be slightly off.

Wow! Good work. Very cheap.

We haven't seen interest rates like that in..... well ever. Our economy growth dictates that most will see 10% and be happy. I think I walked away with 8.6% and was laughing.
That said, instead of the $29K you speak of, it's close to the $50K mark in Australia.

i got 8% through mazda dealer, esanda agent..wish mazda did a 2.9 like nissan lol or toyota atm

i got 8% through mazda dealer, esanda agent..wish mazda did a 2.9 like nissan lol or toyota atm

No chance on a new vehicle. 8% with Esanda is a good deal. I ended up going with IMB purely on the basis of exit fee calculation.
Some of the lenders claim not to charge exit feeds but will to a retrospective back calculation of fees if the interest rates have increased since the loan was sourced.

The Australian economy has been the best performing first world economy for the past 2 years. We narrowly missed recession, and our growth in comparison to other comparable nations won't allow us to get loan rates like the US or Canada.

8% is very decent :)

Back