Question about driver-side door control lighting

krillinrq

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD
Hi everyone,

My name is Randy and I am new to this forum. I have had my 2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD since late March and have put about 5K miles on the car so far and loving it!

One question I have is about the lighting for the driver-side door controls (i.e. window lock, door lock, power window button, and side-mirror control buttons). Are these supposed to be back-lit when the headlights are on? On my car, only the power window button is lit... the rest are not. Just wondering if this is normal or something I should have dealer check out.

Thanks in advance,
Randy

I noticed the same thing. Only the drivers window is lit, a cost-saving measure. In comparison my 2 premium sport sedans have all the controls on all 4 doors lit.

btw - Welcome to Mazda247, post of a pic of your CX-5 when you get a chance.

I just got my CX-5 in September and I noticed this right away. Only the driver-side window down button is lit when it seems like the most important button that should be lit is the door locks. If you look carefully how the buttons are labeled, the door locks label is embedded into the button and not painted (just like the window down button) so it appears that it can be lit. I'm not sure if the Grand Touring edition is lit. It seems like a pretty silly cost-saving measure.

GT is NOT lit
But i have seen pics of it in EU where it is lit
Why does N.A market always get the cheap cost cutting measures??

My 2010 mazda3 used a blue led from the door handle to shine on all the switches. Worked great. Maybe we could modify ours to do the same.

Back