You choose what color?

Personally when I had to decide on color I had to think about how long I would have the CX-5 for, This determined the color for me. Whit will fade and look really dull in 5 years and any rust will stain that pain and make the rust spot look 10 times worse. As for the Flashy blue they have I think again that color will fade and not look so great 5 years down the road. I picked the gray because as it fades I don't think it will look as bad as the others and when you look at older cars on lots the grays always look a little more high valued just because it is a classy color.

Just my opinion thought

White! I love my white CX-5. It is shine, easy to keep clean and sporty looking. Love the contrast of the white and black. That is just my opinion

I picked the gray because as it fades I don't think it will look as bad as the others and when you look at older cars on lots the grays always look a little more high valued just because it is a classy color.

I don't usually like gray, but I loved it when seeing it in person. Very elegant, very classy look on the CX-5.

If I get one though, I think I'm going red... just because I've owned a black car for the last eight years and want something more colorful :)

White works best in high heat/sunshine states like CA, AZ. I've had white cars for 25 years with no fading problems, waxed every 6 months. The CX-5 white is a metallic pearl.

Silver (regular silver) is too common for my taste. Both white and silver are considered to be desirable and good for resale value.

I got silver because I wanted a stick and my choices were grey, silver or black. Thankfully the silver is a dark, very metallic silver, so I can live with it.

If I had any choice I would have gone with blue.

White works best in high heat/sunshine states like CA, AZ. I've had white cars for 25 years with no fading problems, waxed every 6 months. The CX-5 white is a metallic pearl.

Silver (regular silver) is too common for my taste. Both white and silver are considered to be desirable and good for resale value.
A white or silver car's interior is about 4 C less than a black one in summer sun when left closed and stationary.

A white or silver car's interior is about 4 C less than a black one in summer sun when left closed and stationary.

Yes, for a cooler interior in hot sunny climates the color of the exterior paint is a bigger factor than interior color.

Yes, for a cooler interior in hot sunny climates the color of the exterior paint is a bigger factor than interior color.

Ironically, black is the colour of choice here in sunny Australia.

Travelling the world, it's always a shock to come back to the bright/white sun of Australia (or New Zealand). It's a nightmare for skin care and paintwork.

The length of time to burn is counted in 5 to 20 minutes.

4 degrees? I'd say in Australia, it's many more degrees than 4.
But I shouldn't complain. I got black with black leather. It's my own fault.

Last edited:
Couldn't disagree more on the poster who spoke of the "flashy blue." Of all the colors in the book and what I saw in person, I fell in love with the Sky Blue Mica color from the pictures in the product brochure and the videos I had seen. When I took delivery of it, my goodness it looked incredible! Such an eye-catching and head turning color. In fact, as I was waiting to finish up the paperwork the day I was picking it up, 5 different prospective buyers looked over my car. Once they realized it was sold and that I was the buyer, they all commented to me how stylish the car looked and how amazing the color was.

So as the old adage goes - "to each his own..."

Im really liking the dark blue with tan interior. The light blue is a little too flashy for me. But Im more of a form/shape/design over color guy.

Im really liking the dark blue with tan interior. The light blue is a little too flashy for me. But Im more of a form/shape/design over color guy.

Classic color combo, dark blue on tan. Many Porsches were done in dark ocean blue metallic on savannah tan leather.

We picked up White Pearl because it was the quickest way to get the CX-5 GT we wanted, my original choice was blue, but to be honest now that have the white, I do not regret it !

Really a great color. :)

Two things heavily influenced us on exterior color:
a) What colors the heavy black trim looked best against
b) What exterior color would be OK with black interior since gray isn't an option (we're too messy to go tan...lived and learned).

Loved the darker blue, but not with the black trim...and not with black interior
Loved the black, but our past three auto purchases have been black...and black on black just seemed overdone

In the end, we went with white with black leather. For us, it feels fresh yet timeless. But to each his own.

I'd like to know the median age of CX-5 buyers. I can't imagine the 35+ would be scooping up cartoon blue -- unless you're sure you're trading in a year or two. Remember the teal craze? Then the color that looked like melted orange popcicles? Brown looked like it was going to be a hit for a minute, but then faded.

If I controlled colors at Mazda, I'd offer a special edition dark blue exterior with white leather(I wouldn't dare get it, but it would look great)....

If I controlled colors at Mazda, I'd offer a special edition dark blue exterior with white leather(I wouldn't dare get it, but it would look great)....

They do offer exactly that in Australia.

We get two blues down here. The darker one is called "Stormy Blue Mica" and it comes with either the black or sand leather.
Really nice colours.

We get two reds as well. I saw the brighter one of the two "Velocity Red Mica" today. Really nice!! It only comes with black leather. But the darker red "Zeal Red Mica" comes with both leathers.

There are 9 colours to choose from the factory. But each Mazda decides which combinations to import.
Australia and the UK offer the most at 8 of the 9 colours. But ironically, it's Japan that offers the least with 6 of the 9.

Didn't necessarily go in desiring any specific color.
Needed a new vehicle quick, so we pretty much settled on what was available.
Took home a TSM. Pretty blah color, but it gets the job done.

I'd like to know the median age of CX-5 buyers. I can't imagine the 35+ would be scooping up cartoon blue -- unless you're sure you're trading in a year or two. Remember the teal craze? Then the color that looked like melted orange popcicles? Brown looked like it was going to be a hit for a minute, but then faded.

I am 35 and after having silver, grey, and sand colored cars for the past decade, I wanted something that popped. The first time I saw the Sky Blue, I knew I had to have that color. In fact, I waited two months to get my touring because i wasn't willing to go with another color. I know it will probably look dated in a few years, but I plan on driving the car into the ground so I am not concerned with resale value.

Back