Roadtrip

gdbarckley

:
Mazda CX-5
So I just got back from a 4,200 mile roadtrip over the span of 8 days. Started in Alabama and went as far as Yellowstone in Wyoming. Elevation changes from around 600 ft to over 9,000 ft. I would say interstate about 60% highway 40%. 4 cyl. FWD Touring. Ended up with 32.9 MPG at the end of trip. Halfway through the trip I was getting 33.6 mpg. 0516122101.jpgDSC_05981111.jpg

Moral of the story... I love my CX-5
Had to get her washed as soon as I got home, bugs were all over her face.

Wow! Fantastic journey and great photo of the silver CX5 in the snow! Impressive mileage and I can only dream of taking my silver CX5 on such a journey. I got my CX5 so I wouldn't worry as much about traveling. Did you use the manual function in the hills?

Heck yes I did, and it worked great. Perfect for not burning out brakes... but I also learned that I could put it into cruise going down the hills at 35mph and it would down shift perfectly. It also does a little down shifting with braking down hill. I tried any combination I could think of. She just wants to drive... all day every day. Super comfortable for the long ride, my wife even thought so. (it was our honeymoon and the CX-5 kept it cheap with the mpg)

Congrats on CX-5 and marriage too. Thanks for mpg report.

How was it driving in high altitude mountains?

Back