Bumper bars?

kimchei6

:
2013 cx-5 gt w/tech pkg
Has anyone seen bumper bars for cx5? Need to get one ASAP. Living in NYC I get lot of bumper scratches..

Yea NYC sucks balls cuz . everyone has those rubber/plastic bumper matts in the back. Kimchei : let me know if you come acorss one as i want to get one front/rear.

I'm sorry but that if Fin hilarious!!!

So everyone has these so then it makes it better if you get bumped into or you bump into someone? is insurance hard to deal with in the states that if someone hits you you call the cops and they pay to fix your bumper...

So everyone has these so then it makes it better if you get bumped into or you bump into someone? is insurance hard to deal with in the states that if someone hits you you call the cops and they pay to fix your bumper...

The problem in the city with these bumps is they are really slow little bumps. One might not leave a mark but after a while it causes the paint to chip off. And most people have a $500 deductible and to pay that for every respray of paint on the bumper doesn't make sense as it'd cost the same outside of the insurance to get it fixed and you dont have to worry about your insurance increasing.

Yea around here near DC its the same thing. People just use bumpers to park rather than skill. You will end up with a thousand tag bolt holes in your paint!

That requires that you personally actually witness the incident, not likely. Big city downtown areas are not friendly to nice cars, NYC included.

Yeah I do guess you have to catch them in the act... didn't know that is what these were very useful for.

If you witness the bumper to bumper contact and you report it to the cops, doesn't the "accident" go on both parties' driving record with no indication of whose at fault? Your insurance would, therefore, go up since you now don't have a clean driving record.

If you witness the bumper to bumper contact and you report it to the cops, doesn't the "accident" go on both parties' driving record with no indication of whose at fault? Your insurance would, therefore, go up since you now don't have a clean driving record.

Realistically in a major city, the cops will not respond to bumper tags like this, therefore no action by law enforement will take place. Deductibles average $500 or more so insurance involvement is not applicable.

This thread is about "bumper bars", not about cops and insurance.

Well I had repaint my old Mazda 6 bumper many times over because of idiots hitting my car while parked... Going through insurance doesn't make sense for bumper scratches.. Now to find one for our car...

I work in Jersey City NJ which is like a mini NYC with a lot of parellel parking with a-holes who have no clue how to park without hitting something. I'm looking for actuall steel bars mounted in the front and back. Gonna go out to Staten Island to find a spot. My CX-5 is black so I'm looking to get the black bars instead of chrome (don't want it to stand out too much)

Something like this

Rear

rbgbkdoublegeneric_6.jpg

08-mazda-tribute-rear-bumper-guard-ss_1.jpg

8D100028A-04-05-Lexus-RX330-RearBumber-BK.jpg

Front

bk-bullbar-sssp.jpg

BB992804-Mazda-CX9-08-10-Bull-Bar-SS.jpg

Let us know if you find a place that has a set which will fit front/rear. I am in Queens but same thing - idiots who can't or don't care about other ppl's cars.....

I was backing up into a spot at a unfamiliar garage last week. There was a concrete hump extending off the wall about 8 inches at bumper height, but right below the sight line of my mirrors and windows. Anyone have tips on repairing rash on the gray plastic bumper? I got a patch about the size of the playing card on the bottom section of my rear bumper. I am thinking of wetsanding it with some 1000 grit sandpaper but not sure if it'll just make it more obvious.

speedtrader, yes unfortunately with past vehicles I have had the same issues as you. Although I would not try it on my CX-5 with my older vehicles I would get a heatgun onto the spot for a short amount of time and this would heal the tiny scratches and make the surface look better than before. If you're going to go this route be careful not to expose the plastic to the heat gun for too long as it will melt away and leave the area uglier than what you started off with.

Let us know if you find a place that has a set which will fit front/rear. I am in Queens but same thing - idiots who can't or don't care about other ppl's cars.....

Like kimchei says these are not available on our CX-5's just yet. Went to 4-5 different places over the weekend both in Staten Island and Brooklyn but none had bars available for us which sucks. I am going to pick up some 3M clear film in the meantime. Going to send out some emails to companies who manufacure these also to see if they plan on manufacturing one for us.

Not even one email back, seems they don't care much about CX-5 at the moment. Never got around to getting the 3M film either. Currently riding it out parking in spaces where no one can park in front of me and back into the front.

Back