license plate frame for Grand Touring

CX-SV

Contributor
:
2013 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech (Mar'12-Jul'14)
Grand Touring license plate frame on my CX-5 installed today.

Attachments

• GT lic pl fr.JPG
    GT lic pl fr.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 880
bought ours from Putnam too... did you have to buy those or did they cost xtra?

That is an authentic Ford Mustang GT license plate frame purchased at Local Ford dealer (trademark GT logo).

Speaking of frames, been driving the car for 2 weeks now and finally my NJ plates came in the other day but like a momo I'm just realizing now that I have nothing in the front to mount the plates to! anyone know of a mount I can buy? it doesn't have to be CX-5 specific does it? how I missed this small detail is beyond me.

Edit: Just went outside and examined the Bumper area, I see 4 little indents there. DO I have to drill into the bumper? I really didn't want to do that. There should be a plastic bracket. I'm searching but I can't find anything?

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you just drill into the bumper.

Yes, no bracket for front plate in US. 2 holes and a flat section on bumper for plate by design.

(Not all states require a front plate, but those that do all have the same universal size plate)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, guess I got no choice. Gonna have to take the drill out and install these suckers that way.

Thanks guys, guess I got no choice. Gonna have to take the drill out and install these suckers that way.

Dealer will do it for free. For now enjoy clean look of no plate.

Back