Multiple Beeps after unlock and opening door.

fellowsquare

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 - Pearl White w/Tech Pkg.
So wife and I head to the car this morning to get into the car, I use the remote to unlock the car, I hit it twice to open all doors. As soon as I opened the driver's side door,it gave me a bunch of multiple beeps. Does anyone know what this beeping means?

thanks,
Douglas

The CX-5 has a sensor that can tell if the key is inside or outside. I know I get this beep all the time if I leave the car running and I leave the car and shut a door, or I shut the trunk and I have the only key in my pocket. This is the cars gentle reminder that the car is started and there is no key in range to start it back up with. For an example if you thought your key was in your jacket pocket but actually you lost it and didn't know it. You and your wife climb in the car in the morning, the car will start because her key is in her purse, when you drop her off and she closes the door. There goes the only key to start your vehicle with. So the car lets you know with beeps, "there is no key in the car and it's running".

I am thinking that is what it is. Let us know if not.

It will also beep if the doors and/or rear hatch/trunk are not closed properly, hence it won't lock.

I do so love idiot lights because we all have those moments! :)

Your doors will lock if a door is left open but if you press the lock key twice the horn will not beep. Because it does not beep you can assume one of yours doors or the trunk is not closed.

Back