PDA

View Full Version : On the water...

swooshdave
05-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Our CX-5 is coming to port tomorrow. About a week at the port getting goodies added, a day in transit and a day at the dealer getting pretty.

No, not anxious at all, why do you ask? (whistle)

PJO
05-09-2012, 01:35 AM
What color are you getting? I am waiting for a silver AWD GT with the tech package but my dealership said it would be arriving at port in Seattle on the 10th.

rmac
05-09-2012, 02:32 AM
I just ordered my sky blue GT with tech last week and the dealer thinks it won't arrive until August sometime. Just curious if anyone had really long wait times. 3 months seems kind of long for me.

PJO
05-09-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm not 100% sure but I think cargo ship is the Hanjin Madrid. It was the only one I could see coming from Japan to Seattle scheduled to arrive May 10. http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=211424430&zoom=10&olddate=lastknown Its location won't be updated until it gets in range of the port.

nizzy1115
05-09-2012, 11:03 AM
What color are you getting? I am waiting for a silver AWD GT with the tech package but my dealership said it would be arriving at port in Seattle on the 10th.

Thats funny, my local dealer only has had one in stock for the last week or so and its a silver AWD GT with tech and homelink. Still there not selling, all the others are flying away before their tires even hit the showroom.

swooshdave
05-09-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm not 100% sure but I think cargo ship is the Hanjin Madrid. It was the only one I could see coming from Japan to Seattle scheduled to arrive May 10. http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=211424430&zoom=10&olddate=lastknown Its location won't be updated until it gets in range of the port.

I was told they come into Tacoma. I was looking at the Mazda tracking system at the dealer. Clearly said ETA 5/10.

swooshdave
05-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I just ordered my sky blue GT with tech last week and the dealer thinks it won't arrive until August sometime. Just curious if anyone had really long wait times. 3 months seems kind of long for me.

I was told 8-10 weeks to order from factory.

swooshdave
05-09-2012, 11:17 AM

Sky Blue. Working with Herzog-Meier. Are you going through Royal Moore?

PJO
05-09-2012, 11:56 AM

Yes, I'm working with Royal Moore. The car was actually already on it's way when I went in to test drive so I put a deposit on it last month. The waiting is killing me.

smithsm1984
05-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Hey future Portland CX-5 owners. Hope to see you on the roads. Still have yet to see any besides mine.

PJO
05-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Hey future Portland CX-5 owners. Hope to see you on the roads. Still have yet to see any besides mine.
Yeah, I keep hearing how well they are selling but I've yet to see one on the road!

udayse
05-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Swooshdave, do you know your manufacture date? Mine is 4/25, I am just trying to estimate when it might get here.
Thanks

CX-SV
05-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I keep hearing how well they are selling but I've yet to see one on the road!

Same here in northern California and Silicon Valley, only seen 1 other CX-5 besides mine.

I hope your CX-5's arrive soon.

geocord
05-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Thats funny, my local dealer only has had one in stock for the last week or so and its a silver AWD GT with tech and homelink. Still there not selling, all the others are flying away before their tires even hit the showroom.

I was told by my Mazda dealer that they had to keep one for demo and could not sell it. Maybe that one is the test drive vehicle and they've sold all the rest. That's pretty much the story at my dealer.

swooshdave
05-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Swooshdave, do you know your manufacture date? Mine is 4/25, I am just trying to estimate when it might get here.
Thanks

Yes, when I looked at the system it was right about 4/25, I believe oversea transit time was 10-11 days? Plus port time. To MN I'm guessing you have 2-3 days overland. Plus one or so at the dealer. End of the month?

udayse
05-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I think end of the month was optimistic according to the dealer. When I checked with him last friday, he said it hasnt gotten on a boat yet. Thanks for the reply swooshdave

swooshdave
05-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I think end of the month was optimistic according to the dealer. When I checked with him last friday, he said it hasnt gotten on a boat yet. Thanks for the reply swooshdave

Hmm, if it wasn't on a boat by last Friday it will be a bit longer. But keep in mind that some dealers are less accurate (or forth coming) with their information or there may be delays in the system.

My dealer had me back in the sales ops area and I even showed them how to find invoice pricing on the Costco Auto site. (whistle)

udayse
05-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah my dealer did the same thing. He logged on to the dealer portal Portal (https://portal.mazdausa.com/WebHelp/login_mx_en.html) and listed the vin number out and the status. He showed that it hasnt been assigned a ship name. Whats a little bit fuzzy is that costco auto pricing shows the invoice a couple of hundred bucks lower than the SPLAN price. This dealer says SPLAN price is the invoice price and the agreement was 300 over invoice/splan.. I dont know, I'd like to use costco's invoice price, but i dont think it'll fly.

swooshdave
05-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I think invoice plus is typical for Costco pricing. I ended up going to a different dealer and not getting any break but I'm getting exactly what I want and it's worth paying a little more.

qddave
05-10-2012, 01:39 PM
FWIW, my salesman just gave me an update on my wife's Sky Blue FWD GT. It was built on the 27th and is not on a boat yet. They expect it to hit the water by late next week. My dealer is by no means shady either.

Dave

PJO
05-10-2012, 03:59 PM

swooshdave, any word on if the ship has come into port? (boom01) Did you happen get the name of the ship? I was thinking it's the Hanjin Madrid but I'm not sure. Not impatient at all....

swooshdave
05-10-2012, 05:02 PM
swooshdave, any word on if the ship has come into port? (boom01) Did you happen get the name of the ship? I was thinking it's the Hanjin Madrid but I'm not sure. Not impatient at all....

Dunno. But here's most likely where it will come in.

http://g.co/maps/9my5p

CX-SV
05-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Wow, I can almost taste the salt air...

swooshdave
05-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Wow, I can almost taste the salt air...

It's Tacoma, the aroma will get you first.

CX-SV
05-10-2012, 06:38 PM
It's Tacoma, the aroma will get you first.

Oh, a face mask would be appropriate.

swooshdave
05-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh, a face mask would be appropriate.

Gas mask. You know, like LA.

PJO
05-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Just got a call from the dealership that the cargo ship arrived. Now I have to wait another 7 to 10 days for it to make it to the dealership! (wow)

swooshdave
05-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Yup. I was hoping for the 19th. Our cars will probably get to take the ride down from I-5 together.

inodes
05-11-2012, 02:41 AM
Just got a call from the dealership that the cargo ship arrived. Now I have to wait another 7 to 10 days for it to make it to the dealership! (wow)

Not too bad! That sounds like a couple of days drive.... barely.

But from memory (cut me slack being a non American), Portland isn't that far from Seattle.
Tacoma is near Seattle, WA isn't it. My guess would be that Portland would be the main distribution point for any deliveries in Oregon.

Always wanted to visit Portland actually....

Driven from LA to San Francisco, and from Seattle to Vancouver. Missed Oregon in between.

Begs the question.... Why doesn't the ship stop off at a port somewhere in Oregon?

When delivering in Australia, the ship does a complete circuit (easy given Australia is one massive island).

Ship drops off in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Fremantle (Perth).
That's like looping around the US.

nizzy1115
05-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Nope, my dealer has sold out many times already. This one was just sitting there not selling. Dealers don't need to keep one for a demo, they are full of crap.

PJO
05-11-2012, 10:37 AM

But from memory (cut me slack being a non American), Portland isn't that far from Seattle.
Tacoma is near Seattle, WA isn't it. My guess would be that Portland would be the main distribution point for any deliveries in Oregon.

Driven from LA to San Francisco, and from Seattle to Vancouver. Missed Oregon in between.

Begs the question.... Why doesn't the ship stop off at a port somewhere in Oregon?

When delivering in Australia, the ship does a complete circuit (easy given Australia is one massive island).

I'm not sure why they don't come into Portland but Seattle is about 3 hours north of Portland. I'm so excited I'd be willing to drive up to Seattle or Tacoma to pick it up!

elmarto
05-11-2012, 04:25 PM
I ordered mine on April 20th and when I called this week, my red GS was not even assigned a VIN yet. <sigh> The dealer doubts it'll be here before June. Drats!

swooshdave
05-11-2012, 04:45 PM

They bring them into port at Tacoma where there is a company who manages multiple brands. They offload, prep and ship the cars to the PNW. It would be impractical to land at Tacoma or Seattle and then Portland. For one thing it's only about 125 miles by road, and many, many more by sea (Tacoma/Seattle are located in the Puget Sound and Portland is located down the Columbia/Willamette Rivers, both long journeys from the ocean).

Because of the extensive road and rail networks here a signal distribution point in Tacoma can service the entire region with ease.

Navinic
05-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Just got my VIN today... ordered it on 04-19... found out it's currently at Vancouver port... has to make it all the way East to Montreal on freight train... 0-15 days to go... cannot WAIT! :D

PJO
05-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Just checked the Mazda website and my car (VIN number) is now being listed in my dealerships inventory. Just a matter of days now!

PJO
05-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Finally got my GT w/tech package. Love it!

Lando
05-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Congrats. Great picture. The silver looks even better in person doesn't it?

PJO
05-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Sure does! Thanks.

swooshdave
05-16-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm not jealous...

What accessories did you get w it?

We aren't getting the tech pkg, but they are installing the mirror and hitch.

PJO
05-16-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm not jealous...

What accessories did you get w it?

We aren't getting the tech pkg, but they are installing the mirror and hitch.

The only thing I got so far was the cargo cover and cargo tray. I ordered the WeatherTech floor matts. I think that's all I'll be doing for now. I think the hitch will be in the near future.

swooshdave
05-16-2012, 11:45 AM
The only thing I got so far was the cargo cover and cargo tray. I ordered the WeatherTech floor matts. I think that's all I'll be doing for now. I think the hitch will be in the near future.

Ah, so those didn't take any time at the port. Load 'em up and move 'em out.

nyctravis
06-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi all, I just bought a new CX-5 today and so excited! The one that I wanted was sold last night, but the dealer told me that there is one coming into port tomorrow and should be here in a few days. Reading some of the very lengthy delivery delays on this forum has me worried he was just telling me that to make the sell. He did give me a VIN number and we wrote him a check for the full purchase price (not a deposit-the full price) which made me feel like he was probably telling the truth. But I'm a bit worried that "a few days" will turn into weeks/months. Any thoughts? And is there really no way to track location by VIN?

CX-SV
06-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi all, I just bought a new CX-5 today and so excited! The one that I wanted was sold last night, but the dealer told me that there is one coming into port tomorrow and should be here in a few days. Reading some of the very lengthy delivery delays on this forum has me worried he was just telling me that to make the sell. He did give me a VIN number and we wrote him a check for the full purchase price (not a deposit-the full price) which made me feel like he was probably telling the truth. But I'm a bit worried that "a few days" will turn into weeks/months. Any thoughts? And is there really no way to track location by VIN?

Yes, use the Mazda-US website, "Search Inventory" tab (it shows VIN). That's how I found my CX-5 was on its way to a dealership a few days before actual arrival.

nyctravis
06-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks! I'm searching high and low on the Search Inventory section and don't see a VIN tab anywhere. I only see options to search by zip code, city/state, and dealer name. I'm normally good with this stuff, so I'm baffled why I can't find it... Thanks in advance for the help!

CX-SV
06-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Thanks! I'm searching high and low on the Search Inventory section and don't see a VIN tab anywhere. I only see options to search by zip code, city/state, and dealer name. I'm normally good with this stuff, so I'm baffled why I can't find it... Thanks in advance for the help!

When you find the actual car you are interested in (because it's your model/color/options, dealership, etc.), then you click view vehicle details which shows VIN for that specific car only. I don't think there is a VIN tab.

nyctravis
06-02-2012, 05:45 PM
When you find the actual car you are interested in (because it's your model/color/options, dealership, etc.), then you click view vehicle details which shows VIN for that specific car only. I don't think there is a VIN tab.

aha! Thanks! I'm crossing my fingers that the dealer wasn't fibbing when telling me it will be off the boat and at the dealer in just a few days.

CX-SV
06-02-2012, 05:51 PM
aha! Thanks! I'm crossing my fingers that the dealer wasn't fibbing when telling me it will be off the boat and at the dealer in just a few days.

Do you see your CX-5? You should be able to identify the vehicle by it's model (Sport, Touring, Grand Touring), exterior and interior colors and options coming to your specific dealership.

nyctravis
06-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Do you see your CX-5? You should be able to identify the vehicle by it's model (Sport, Touring, Grand Touring), exterior and interior colors and options coming to your specific dealership.

No, don't see it. You think that's a good sign or bad sign?

CX-SV
06-02-2012, 06:18 PM
No, don't see it. You think that's a good sign or bad sign?

Interesting. It should be there, unless they are getting it from another dealership (they should of told you that). And you should still be able to find it going to the other dealership.

If you have a VIN, don't worry. I assume he showed you a printout or screen shot.

nyctravis
06-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Interesting. It should be there, unless they are getting it from another dealership (they should of told you that). And you should still be able to find it going to the other dealership.

If you have a VIN, don't worry. I assume he showed you a printout or screen shot.

Thanks. He did give me a VIN, but it's hand-written on the sales contract. No printout or screen shot. And he was very specific that it was on a cargo ship that was supposedly set to come into port tomorrow.

PJO
06-02-2012, 07:44 PM
I had my VIN number and it took a few days after the ship arrived at port for my car to show up in inventory on the Mazda website. I would wait a few days and check. Also, depending on any accessories, like tow hitch, and how far the port is from your dealer it can take at least a week for the car to make it to your dealership from port.

nyctravis
06-06-2012, 07:13 PM
I've been checking the search inventory section on the mazdausa.com site religiously and still no inventory matches my VIN. I'm now just 3 days away from (supposedly) having my CX-5 at the dealership. It hasn't helped that for the last day or so I keep getting error messages on the mazda site when searching inventory, saying that "The Search Inventory system is undergoing maintenance. Please try back later." Ugh. Spoke with salesman yesterday and he said he's "working on it" which still leaves me feeling awfully vague about whether or not it will actually arrive in time. Crossing my fingers.

nyctravis
06-08-2012, 12:32 PM
update: with less than 24 hours to go before delivery..... just as feared. salesman calls to say "oh, sorry, there was a storm that the boat got stuck in and so it's not here yet." no ETA. Story sounds a bit fishy, and I find it odd that he didn't have any update until *just* before supposed delivery time. I'm not sure if I should just ask for a refund altogether and go elsewhere or not. If he's telling the truth, I don't want to unfairly punish him other than to be annoyed that he couldn't have updated me earlier. On the other hand, if he's fibbing, then who knows what else they are fibbing out...

CX-SV
06-08-2012, 12:36 PM
update: with less than 24 hours to go before delivery..... just as feared. salesman calls to say "oh, sorry, there was a storm that the boat got stuck in and so it's not here yet." no ETA. Story sounds a bit fishy, and I find it odd that he didn't have any update until *just* before supposed delivery time. I'm not sure if I should just ask for a refund altogether and go elsewhere or not. If he's telling the truth, I don't want to unfairly punish him other than to be annoyed that he couldn't have updated me earlier. On the other hand, if he's fibbing, then who knows what else they are fibbing out...

Any sign of the vehicle on website now?... Yes, what storm?

PJO
06-08-2012, 12:58 PM
You might ask him if he can tell you the name of the ship it is coming in on. You might be able to track it here http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

nyctravis
06-08-2012, 03:35 PM
He didn't tell me the name of the boat. Actually, I just got a message and didn't talk to him direct. I called him back and am waiting for him to return my call. Of course, I notice the check has already been processed (not sure if it's fully cleared yet) so I can't just move on to another dealer without a huge ordeal. Ugh. Tracking the ship is a good idea, hopefully he can tell me when I get ahold of him. I wonder if there are restrictions on cashing the check (for the full amount, not just a deposit) and not delivering. I'll have to read the sales slip, I think it said 30 days or something but am not sure.

Navinic
06-08-2012, 06:51 PM
I finally got the call... picking mine up Monday at 7pm :))))

EricF
06-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Ours is "on a boat" too and should be here on the 17th. I only put $500 on a credit card so I could dispute the charge if they start pulling anything funny.

nyctravis
06-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Spoke with the dealer manager today who said it should be here in "a few days." I asked for name of ship and he said "I'll call you Monday" but he did offer that the ship left Japan May 11 and was supposed to be in New York on June 3. I wonder if I can figure out the ship with that info. On the other hand, how would he have had that info without also seeing the ship name?

nyctravis
06-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Update: dealer called, very nice and apologetic. He will get back to me with the name of the ship, and even asked how I even knew such info! I told him about this site, he seemed genuinely interested and intrigued that someone could find out such info. :) He said that he even wanted the tracking site for himself as they are often they are the mercy of the regional managers just giving them general info, so he is interested to know more detailed info as well. Hopefully I'll have the name of the ship in the next hour or so. This is why I love sites like this! :)

nyctravis
06-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Still can't get the boat name from them. I suspect it was never on a boat. I caved and accepted a different color exterior and interior that they do have in stock just so I can get the thing and be done with it. Should be picking it up tomorrow. A bit depressed as I wanted the stormy blue/sand interior, but I'm happy to just be over with this.

Macksma
06-15-2012, 10:59 AM
NYCTravis, what color combo did you end up with?
I was just about at the same point as you, trying to decide what other color I'd be willing to get when I found a stormy blue on the mazda usa site that was on its way to my neck of the woods. On the bright side, when you're driving, you don't really notice the color!

nyctravis
06-15-2012, 12:10 PM
LOL! You have *no* idea how much your post helped. :) I was really getting depressed about this. I wanted stormy blue/sand cloth but said ok to black exterior/black interior. I just loved the stormy blue color and am sad I won't be getting it but I do still like black. And, as you said, I won't notice it when I'm driving! ha. OTOH, I will notice the interior and my yellow lab's fur will definitely be standing out against the black interior. I think I can work with it though with some creative solutions. All in all, I'm just relieved to be getting it after having foolishly written out a check for the full price.

ta240
06-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Same here in northern California and Silicon Valley, only seen 1 other CX-5 besides mine.

I hope your CX-5's arrive soon.

It's funny, the first day we went out with ours we came out of the theater and there was another white one sitting in the parking lot and then stopped on the way home and there was a silver one in that parking lot. Since then I haven't seen anymore.

CX-SV
06-15-2012, 01:08 PM
It's funny, the first day we went out with ours we came out of the theater and there was another white one sitting in the parking lot and then stopped on the way home and there was a silver one in that parking lot. Since then I haven't seen anymore.

As of today, I have seen a total of 4 or 5 others besides mine since purchasing mine in mid-March. Yes, these are still very rare.

EricF
06-15-2012, 01:51 PM
LOL! You have *no* idea how much your post helped. :) I was really getting depressed about this. I wanted stormy blue/sand cloth but said ok to black exterior/black interior. I just loved the stormy blue color and am sad I won't be getting it but I do still like black. And, as you said, I won't notice it when I'm driving! ha. OTOH, I will notice the interior and my yellow lab's fur will definitely be standing out against the black interior. I think I can work with it though with some creative solutions. All in all, I'm just relieved to be getting it after having foolishly written out a check for the full price.

Couldn't you ask for a refund, or put a stop payment on the check and look somewhere else? To be honest, it doesn't matter what color the seats are, the floor is still black and you will still see a ton of hair. And just because it blends in on the seat surface, doesn't mean its not there. Its still going to get on your clothes and be a nuisance. So no matter what, look forward to a lot of vacuuming. A lent roller does wonders too!!

nyctravis
06-15-2012, 02:18 PM
The contract had a time on it in small print so we couldn't ask for a refund for awhile. It's very convoluted and involved and I've already hijacked the thread enough so I will just leave it at that. I'm more upset that the dealer wasn't totally honest and upfront and we got to the point that we just wanted to get the new vehicle and be on with it. I'm really glad to hear the perspectives about interior color not mattering so much in regards to the dog hair, as I actually like both colors personally and was only wanting the sand color for the dog hair. But it sounds like it won't be such a big deal and I'm greatly relieved by your posts! I am disappointed to not get the stormy blue exterior, but I do like black so hopefully I will be over it in a few days and enjoying my new CX-5 tomorrow!

CX-SV
06-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Couldn't you ask for a refund, or put a stop payment on the check and look somewhere else? To be honest, it doesn't matter what color the seats are, the floor is still black and you will still see a ton of hair. And just because it blends in on the seat surface, doesn't mean its not there. Its still going to get on your clothes and be a nuisance. So no matter what, look forward to a lot of vacuuming. A lent roller does wonders too!!

Exactly, I'd rather see the hair and see when cleaning it up. yeeccchhh.

Glad to hear the car is almost here. The black interior in the long run will be more practical, especially for a dog owner, etc.

thatwazmysn
06-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Put the dog in a cage, Problem solved.

EricF
06-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Put the dog in a cage, Problem solved.

Unless the dog is crate trained, he'll be pulling out HIS hair before he got out of his driveway. LOL I don't think the crate my dog use to be confined to would even fit in a CX5.

Jcarte29
06-16-2012, 01:46 PM

Not as foolish as you might think, there are dealers out there who are tattooing price stickers just because of how limited they are currently...and Mazda does a good job IMHO with pricing overall, especially with the CX-5.

VK Sefirosu
06-17-2012, 03:47 PM
I also have a dog, golden retreiver, that sheds lots of hair and as such needs grooming frequently. You will definitely, in my opinion and experience, prefer black seats. Something to protect the seats, like a blanket made especially for dogs that fit tightly into the seats is also a very good investment, but I suppose you might have already something like this.

As for the crate, even if mine is trained for it and the one I'm using would fit with the backseats folded down, it would also need to be securely tightened to not move during driving. I'm not getting into this, she's fine with her seatbelt and blanket on the back seat.

BTW, I don't know how it looks for sales in your parts of the world, but my dealer here said to me that they won't get any more CX-5 until next October for those that haven't bought/ordered theirs yet…

nyctravis
06-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Picked up the new CX-5 yesterday and drove 500 miles in two days. Love it! I'm ok with the black/black and your perspectives really helped me look at the black interior in a better light. Now that I have it I'm just so happy to finally get it. You can see some of the pics here (http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123812973-CX-5-Photos-Share-your-shots-with-us&p=5974077&viewfull=1#post5974077) (including my now infamous dog!).

Speaking of a crate, she would promptly tell me off and likely eject me from the drivers seat if I tried to put her in a crate in the back! She's too happy with her own back seat and window, as you can see in one of the pics. :)