On the water...

swooshdave

:
CX-5 AWD GT
Our CX-5 is coming to port tomorrow. About a week at the port getting goodies added, a day in transit and a day at the dealer getting pretty.

No, not anxious at all, why do you ask? (whistle)

What color are you getting? I am waiting for a silver AWD GT with the tech package but my dealership said it would be arriving at port in Seattle on the 10th.

I just ordered my sky blue GT with tech last week and the dealer thinks it won't arrive until August sometime. Just curious if anyone had really long wait times. 3 months seems kind of long for me.

What color are you getting? I am waiting for a silver AWD GT with the tech package but my dealership said it would be arriving at port in Seattle on the 10th.

Thats funny, my local dealer only has had one in stock for the last week or so and its a silver AWD GT with tech and homelink. Still there not selling, all the others are flying away before their tires even hit the showroom.

I just ordered my sky blue GT with tech last week and the dealer thinks it won't arrive until August sometime. Just curious if anyone had really long wait times. 3 months seems kind of long for me.

I was told 8-10 weeks to order from factory.

Sky Blue. Working with Herzog-Meier. Are you going through Royal Moore?

Sky Blue. Working with Herzog-Meier. Are you going through Royal Moore?

Yes, I'm working with Royal Moore. The car was actually already on it's way when I went in to test drive so I put a deposit on it last month. The waiting is killing me.

Swooshdave, do you know your manufacture date? Mine is 4/25, I am just trying to estimate when it might get here.
Thanks

Yeah, I keep hearing how well they are selling but I've yet to see one on the road!

Same here in northern California and Silicon Valley, only seen 1 other CX-5 besides mine.

I hope your CX-5's arrive soon.

Thats funny, my local dealer only has had one in stock for the last week or so and its a silver AWD GT with tech and homelink. Still there not selling, all the others are flying away before their tires even hit the showroom.

I was told by my Mazda dealer that they had to keep one for demo and could not sell it. Maybe that one is the test drive vehicle and they've sold all the rest. That's pretty much the story at my dealer.

Swooshdave, do you know your manufacture date? Mine is 4/25, I am just trying to estimate when it might get here.
Thanks

Yes, when I looked at the system it was right about 4/25, I believe oversea transit time was 10-11 days? Plus port time. To MN I'm guessing you have 2-3 days overland. Plus one or so at the dealer. End of the month?

Yeah, I think end of the month was optimistic according to the dealer. When I checked with him last friday, he said it hasnt gotten on a boat yet. Thanks for the reply swooshdave

Yeah, I think end of the month was optimistic according to the dealer. When I checked with him last friday, he said it hasnt gotten on a boat yet. Thanks for the reply swooshdave

Hmm, if it wasn't on a boat by last Friday it will be a bit longer. But keep in mind that some dealers are less accurate (or forth coming) with their information or there may be delays in the system.

My dealer had me back in the sales ops area and I even showed them how to find invoice pricing on the Costco Auto site. (whistle)

Yeah my dealer did the same thing. He logged on to the dealer portal Portal and listed the vin number out and the status. He showed that it hasnt been assigned a ship name. Whats a little bit fuzzy is that costco auto pricing shows the invoice a couple of hundred bucks lower than the SPLAN price. This dealer says SPLAN price is the invoice price and the agreement was 300 over invoice/splan.. I dont know, I'd like to use costco's invoice price, but i dont think it'll fly.

I think invoice plus is typical for Costco pricing. I ended up going to a different dealer and not getting any break but I'm getting exactly what I want and it's worth paying a little more.

FWIW, my salesman just gave me an update on my wife's Sky Blue FWD GT. It was built on the 27th and is not on a boat yet. They expect it to hit the water by late next week. My dealer is by no means shady either.

Dave

Back