My 1st exterior modification

awmenard

:
Mazda cx5
Ok so this was a quick 5 min job before washing the car yesterday.

Wanted to give the CX5 a cleaner look in the back, so I decided to debadge it. Very simple i can comfirm the all signs in the rear a clued on.

Did not remove the Mazda logo, will do this soon when im ready to paint it(probably black).

Here is a before and after pic.

Before
dsc02850tp.jpg

After
dsc02870uh.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure I like , just my opinion but it looks like you got rear ended and your auto body shop was too cheap to replace the badges hehe I love white cx5's though

Part of me loves this idea of taking off some of the junk because the badges that say CX5 AWD and SkyActiv Technology on the other side are not anything artistic to me. The Mazda emblem though might be iffy. And then do you take it off the front too? Question - how did you get the badges off without messing up the paint underneath? ANy details or tips would be appreciated...

Just re-read your post. You plan to not remove it permanently just paint it black? What about the front emblem?

I am waiting on my CX-5 ( pearly white ) and had the same idea.
Powdercoat the front and back logo, and remove the other badges.
The stock wheels for the winter tyres, and will be fitting 18'' Borbet LV5 black metallic rims.

Question - how did you get the badges off without messing up the paint underneath?

I don't know aw's tehnique, but I use dental floss. Take your time and don't use solvents like goof-off to remove any stubborn adhesive. Save the emblems in a zip lock bag to put back on when you sell the car so that the potential buyer's don't think you have had an accident. I just put my CRZ badges back on since I will be selling the car soon. I put them back on with clear silicon adhesive. Two dealers have inspected my car to appraise for trade in, and did not notice.

Question - how did you get the badges off without messing up the paint underneath? ANy details or tips would be appreciated...

To answer your questions there are many ways the signs can be removed, depends how careful you are.

Dental floss is a great way to do it. You could also use a small flat head screw driver , make sure to wrap a peace of cloth around it, that way it does not scratch the paint.

I went the old school way?.. razor blade just to get the tips lifted, once this is done they are really easy to pull off.

Hope this answers your question.

You can just roll it off with your fingers, most of it will come off with the signs.

Then give it a quick wash and voila!!!

Clean-looking enough. Not something I would do, but I understand everybody has different taste in style.

love it!

i find it much cleaner looking

did the same to my metro grey

now ppl really wonder what the vehicle is

i'll get them up here asap.
of course i had to add a Dakine vinyl and my sailing sponsor Naish.
at least it doesn't say "skyactive" on it anymore... like wtf does that mean anyway. lol(hippy)

just finished putting aftermarket HIDs in it today - the 10000k looks really nice.
took 10 mins!

i'll get them up here asap.
of course i had to add a Dakine vinyl and my sailing sponsor Naish.
at least it doesn't say "skyactive" on it anymore... like wtf does that mean anyway. lol(hippy)

just finished putting aftermarket HIDs in it today - the 10000k looks really nice.
took 10 mins!

Nice show us those HID's ...Do you have the Teck package?

love it!

i find it much cleaner looking

I remove badges for two reasons:

1) Living in the woods, there is so much organic matter constantly falling from the trees including, but not limited to, pollen, fir seeds and needles, sap and dust. that settles into every available surface and crevice.
2) Am I an automobile advertising medium? If so, then I should be paid. I'll let you know where to send my checks.
3) When I wax the car, I hate to clean the wax out of the nooks and crannies around the badges.
4) It is just cleaner.

Rant:

But what I really hate are the car dealerships who place their business decals on the hatch or trunk lid of your new car. That would be a deal breaker for me.

And you know those dealer license plate frames? First mod, remove and slam dunk into the trash can in my garage.

I remove badges for two reasons:
Rant:

But what I really hate are the car dealerships who place their business decals on the hatch or trunk lid of your new car

So true, I didn't even remove that one... The wife did it a day or two after we got the car.

Back