Dedicated speaker for phone calls

gverrault

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but when using the car audio system to make phone calls the audio quality isn't really all that good and seems to be coming from every speaker. I have a Touring model so there is currently no speaker under the grill in the center of the dash. Anyone know if it would be possible to install a speaker under that grill and somehow have the audio system use only that speaker for phone calls?

My 2010 mazda3 gt with bose 10 speaker centerpoint had the calls come through all the speakers. Even if you added the speaker you would have to reprogram the head unit somehow. I'd venture to say it is not possible.

i'm pretty sure my touring appears to have the phone audio (as well as nav) coming out that center speaker on the dash....

I think it depends on the trim. I have the Canadian GX with Convenience package which has the Bluetooth and touchscreen stereo, but just 4 speakers (in the doors). When I use the phone, the audio comes out of the 4 door speakers, and the microphone is on the ceiling console beside the lights.

Back