2007 MS3 Transmission 53k (slight 2nd grind) $475 shipped

Really no need for this, I was going to rebuild it, but I have gone another route with my future trackdays.

Original trans off of my MS3, had about 53k when I pulled it to do a clutch. I had a grind on downshifts from 3-2 at nearly any RPM, but nothing on 1-2 or 2-3 upshifts even at WOT.. which doesnt sound like a syncro issue. In the 53k, the fluid had been changed with MT90 twice, so Im pretty overkill on maintenance. I honestly am not sure what the issue could be.

I drained the fluid expecting to have metal shavings or flakes, but with a magnet through the gear oil I had nothing, and with straining it through a screen I had nothing either... I had a killer deal one out of a wrecked unit, so I went ahead and swapped in the lower mileage unit with the plans to pull this one apart and rebuild it. The reason Im babbling on and on about this is that if you are trying to save some money and gamble on rebuilding a trans, this is probably a pretty good gamble. It was AutoX'd and tracked, but fluid was overly maintained, and it was pulled at the first sign of a problem.

Either way, Im selling it as a unit that needs a rebuild, I priced it inline with the cores from the trans shops I talked to. Thanks!

On to my top-notch super blurrrrrrrrrry pics brought to you by Jim Beam! Jim Beam Black. Always refreshing.

trans2.jpg

trans.jpg

trans3.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I just wanted to get rid of it. Ill be turning it in as a core at the end of the month for the VQ trans I bought for my other car, just wanted to see if anyone wanted it here first for a project. Seemed like a waste to scrap it.

Yep, I just wanted to get rid of it. Ill be turning it in as a core at the end of the month for the VQ trans I bought for my other car, just wanted to see if anyone wanted it here first for a project. Seemed like a waste to scrap it.

So close the thread?

Naaaa, Id prefer to sell it on here if possible! $300 picked up for anyone willing to come to Tallahassee!

Back