Step bars?

plemieux

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD Stormy Blue Mica
The local Mazda dealer had not heard about Mazda offering side rail step bars for the CX-5. I checked Westin and a few others and they do not have anything posted for 2013's yet. Has anyone else heard about these being offered either aftermarket or oem?

I don't think its high enough to need step bars. The doors also open very low to the ground so there won't be much room for them.

Haven't heard of any and doubt there will be a big market for them as this doesn't sit that high and is not hard to get in and out of. I've got them on a bigger SUV than this and they just get in the way and are something else to rattle. Never use em.

The local Mazda dealer had not heard about Mazda offering side rail step bars for the CX-5. I checked Westin and a few others and they do not have anything posted for 2013's yet. Has anyone else heard about these being offered either aftermarket or oem?
Mazda Canada website has this as an accessory item but they state that it's just for appearance and not meant to be used as a step.(eyeballs)

IMO, I don't think they are necessary or would be attractive on a CX-5. Also when they are dirty in winter weather, they would rub dirt on pants leg upon entry which would be annoying.

IMO, I don't think they are necessary or would be attractive on a CX-5. Also when they are dirty in winter weather, they would rub dirt on pants leg upon entry which would be annoying.

Plus in the winter when all the gunk gets caked on the underside of the you're carrying about 25lbs extra weight on each side. And that's beside the extra weight of the steps themselves! Gas mpg already suffers in the winter...why add to the problem.

Mazda Canada website has this as an accessory item but they state that it's just for appearance and not meant to be used as a step.(eyeballs)

So anybody getting these apprearance-only things in Canada?

I don't know about the "appearance only" boards in Canada, but I found the following web site with details on side-steps that are apparently being produced in China. Check out this link:

http://www.winsomechina.com/product_2236.html

Looks like they are made out of ABS material. I asked for additional information and will post what I find out.

I received feedback on the step bars mentioned above. Looks like they are $303 delivered to a U.S. address. Shipped via FedEx.

side steps

i ordered side steps from winsomechina.com, looks really good on picture,i bought just for the looks and will post picture when i get it installed on my cx5 soon...total price US $303 ...INCLUDING SHIPPING....So, hang tide.....

One note of caution:

In dirty winter conditions when entering the car it's easy to accidentally rub dress slacks across the step bar, leaving mark on slacks that will need dry-cleaning.

Side steps Mazda cx5

after market side steps from winsomechina.com ....i wouln't say its easy to install though....little tricky process...

Attachments

• IMAG0163.jpg
    IMAG0163.jpg
    731.9 KB · Views: 752
  • IMAG0170.jpg
    IMAG0170.jpg
    806.3 KB · Views: 2,970
  • IMAG0172.jpg
    IMAG0172.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,900
  • IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:
Side steps Mazda cx5

One note of caution:

In dirty winter conditions when entering the car it's easy to accidentally rub dress slacks across the step bar, leaving mark on slacks that will need dry-cleaning.

I saw many Toyota Rav4, CRVs with side steps installed and it really looks great and I'm sure it's gonna make CX5 look complete with this specifically design build side steps for CX5 from winsomechina.com.....anyway,I'll share picture once I get it install...soon..$303 is not a bad deal....u be the judge....

I saw many Toyota Rav4, CRVs with side steps installed and it really looks great and I'm sure it's gonna make CX5 look complete with this specifically design build side steps for CX5 from winsomechina.com.....anyway,I'll share picture once I get it install...soon..$303 is not a bad deal....u be the judge....

to me, rav4 has one of the best aftermarket selection for our class of vehicle. i hope aftermarket stuff comes close to matching all the cool things rav4 owners have in choice options.

i really like the choices of round step/nerf bars. it can potentially help door dings if you park next to a lowered or short car in a parking lot. it's useful when working on a roof rack or washing the top of the car. something lightweight with rubber grip step would be cool and functional.

to me, rav4 has one of the best aftermarket selection for our class of vehicle. i hope aftermarket stuff comes close to matching all the cool things rav4 owners have in choice options.

i really like the choices of round step/nerf bars. it can potentially help door dings if you park next to a lowered or short car in a parking lot. it's useful when working on a roof rack or washing the top of the car. something lightweight with rubber grip step would be cool and functional.

Last edited:
after market side steps from winsomechina.com ....i wouln't say its easy to install though....little tricky process...

Thank You for the pics. I have just found this site and the links to winsomechina site and have been pondering as to if I should buy the side bars as to how they will look on my new 2013 CX-5. Now that I see your photos, I have no doubts and will be ordering in the next couple of days.

Back