Yellow Foglights

dhaslbeck

:
CX-5 Touring, AWD, Sky Blue Mica
For those who like Yellow Foglights instead of white, you can get the H11 Yellow bulbs from Hella (and others I'm sure). (http://www.hella.com/produktion/Optilux/WebSite/AuxiliaryLights/Bulbs/XY/H11/H11.jsp)
Installation is easy. Although the owners manual states to remove some retainers inside the wheel well, this is not necessary. (I've tried to attach the image from the manual).

foglights.jpg

Remove the the 3 screws below the bumper and the two retainers at the base of the front of the wheel well. The plastic panel flexes so you can put your hand up behind the foglight. The manual also says to remove the bulb (1/4 turn counter clockwise) then remove the wiring but I found that I had trouble getting the bulb to turn while the wiring was still connected.

Installation is the above in reverse. Took me all of 15 minutes includiing cleaning up the tools.

dj

For those who like Yellow Foglights instead of white, you can get the H11 Yellow bulbs from Hella (and others I'm sure). (http://www.hella.com/produktion/Optilux/WebSite/AuxiliaryLights/Bulbs/XY/H11/H11.jsp)
Installation is easy. Although the owners manual states to remove some retainers inside the wheel well, this is not necessary. (I've tried to attach the image from the manual).

View attachment 193565

Remove the the 3 screws below the bumper and the two retainers at the base of the front of the wheel well. The plastic panel flexes so you can put your hand up behind the foglight. The manual also says to remove the bulb (1/4 turn counter clockwise) then remove the wiring but I found that I had trouble getting the bulb to turn while the wiring was still connected.

Installation is the above in reverse. Took me all of 15 minutes includiing cleaning up the tools.

Hey man those are some sweet H-11 yellow bulbs that your upgrading with and im sure they will look great when they are done but i encourage you to really do an upgrade like i did. I bought these Yellow Delta 150 series light bulbs off of Amazon there a great price. YOu just have to Modify them a little bit to fit but they work great. The only thing is you have to swap the Bracket off of your old fog lights and shave down the Stock Bracket on the inside to get it to fit onto the new foglight Also you have to shave the top of the foglight to get them to fit flush . Here is a before and after picture of my car with the Stock fog lights and the New Yellow Delto 150 series Fog lights. Also here's the ad for the new fog lights in case you want to purchase them. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
dj
Here's the pictures of the before and after of my Fog lights and of the new Delta Yellow Fog lights. Oh yeah notice the before and after of the Stock Boxed eared Mirrors and the new RX-8 Mirrors.
WhiteFoglights-1.jpg

YellowFoglights.jpg

BatsintheBelfreelol.jpg

Last edited:
I will leave my fogs white on all my vehicles.

This is on my to-do list. Have had yellow halogens in the fogs on my Speed 6 for years and have loved the look.

IMG_20120323_194402.jpg

Some folks use an overlay over the housing lenses which gives a yellow appearance when the lamps are not illuminated. Lamin X makes a good overlay. I, however, have never used an overlay.

Last edited:
Are the fogs on the CX-5 independent?
Meaning, can you turn them on without the headlights being turned on? (without modification)

Back