Non bose, put speakers under the 3 grills in the dash

nizzy1115

:
2013 CX-5 Sport
I notice there are 3 speaker grills in the dash. Does anyone know if there is wiring already in place to add additional speakers? Also are there any removal instructions for the dash yet to get to those places to look?

I doubt it will be that easy. The Bose unit will probably have an external amp or at least a larger internal amp and then it distributes the sound to the 5.1 channels. I don't think it will be just a simply drop-in without messing with the existing 4 channels and eventually the resistance of each channel.

Right my previous car was a '10 mazda3 sgt with 10 speaker bose. The amp was under the passenger seat.

However i have the sport cx5 with 4 speakers. The touring cx5 has 6 speakers if you dont have the bose package. Are those extra 2 speakers up front in the dash?

Right my previous car was a '10 mazda3 sgt with 10 speaker bose. The amp was under the passenger seat.

However i have the sport cx5 with 4 speakers. The touring cx5 has 6 speakers if you dont have the bose package. Are those extra 2 speakers up front in the dash?

I'm guessing the other 2 speakers are the tweeters

I'm guessing the other 2 speakers are the tweeters

Right, you can see that from the bose map of the speakers in the PDF I linked above. My question is which location are those two tweeters at? The front or the back. I think it is likely for those of us with the sport's 4 speakers that the wiring is at least in place for those 2 speaker locations. Can anyone with a touring non bose confirm?

Looks like 3 speakers in the dash, one in each door, and one in each d-pillar in the back.

Looks like 3 speakers in the dash, one in each door, and one in each d-pillar in the back.

Right, but thats for the bose.

Guys to be clear, this is what I'm asking.
CX-5 SPORT: Factory 4 speakers. There are 2 in the front doors 2 in the rear doors. There are 3 empty grills in the front dash - empty no speakers in them.
CX-5 TOURING: Factory 6 speakers. 2 in the front doors 2 in the rear doors and 2 in ??????????????

Obvious place would be either the front dash or the rear pillers, but I'm guessing the front dash. Can someone verify?

Also can someone give insight how to remove the 2 speaker grills in the front dash?

Thanks

They are not in the rear Pillers so it must be the dash. I can't really see them in the dash right now with the sun but will take a look when it gets darker.

I just picked up my touring and there are speakers under the far left and right grills on the dash. The covers seem like they would be pretty easy to remove although you would probably want to use some sort of plastic tool as to avoid damaging the dash. If i'm feeling up to it I may remove the covers over the rear D pillars to see if there is any wiring back there for speakers. I would like to install a speaker in the middle of the dash and somehow have it only use that speaker when making phone calls. As I have no idea how to do car audio I can't really say if that is possible or not.

there are 3 speakers in the Int Panel , the center is wired for the Cellphone, and the car is prewired for one way, the wires for the bose amp amp rear speakers are there. just like the Nav and Sat antenna and hookups are there for those modules to add.

Back