Headlight Assembly

cx5james

Hey guys, during my 1100 mile round trip I made this weekend I didn't make it back in one piece. The person diagonally to my left in front of me ran over a semi truck tire piece that busted my headlight assembly and dented the hood. I was wondering where and how much to buy one? I Google searched and didn't find anything. This is for the bi-xenon headlights.
Thanks in advance. I have a feeling I will be dropping a $500 deductible here soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20120421_145258.jpg
    IMG_20120421_145258.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_20120421_145256.jpg
    IMG_20120421_145256.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_20120421_145249.jpg
    IMG_20120421_145249.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 483
I suspect that many parts will be on back-order for a long time. I wish you luck with that. Ed

Sorry to hear about your headlights!

Does anyone have the service manual for the bi-xenon headlight assembly?

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that.
Thankfully it's only a light and not the whole bonnet. Those tyre pieces are dangerous.

Common place in our countries due to road trains. Particularly so in Australia due to low population, high desolation. No one is picking up the rubber.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_train
Australia has the largest and heaviest road-legal vehicles in the world, with some configurations topping out at close to 200 tonnes

We're the only country to have 7 carriage trucks which equates to over 120 tyres on one vehicle.

Can you imagine how often they bust?

My thought on this..... the idiot that hit the rubber and made it fly into your car should have paid for the damage.

Everyone knows not to drive over broken truck tyre rubber.

It took two weeks but finally got my cx5 back. New headlight assembly was the solution as I suspected. They priced the whole headlight at $750 and also $45 for the HID bulb...Just glad to get it back.

It took two weeks but finally got my cx5 back. New headlight assembly was the solution as I suspected. They priced the whole headlight at $750 and also $45 for the HID bulb...Just glad to get it back.
Damn, sorry to hear about the damage. Hopefully your insurance won't go up because of this.

Wow, that is pricey :( glad you got your car back though!

Back