New Touring

ivory lovin

:
2006 MS6
Hey guys just picked up a black Touring AWD model for the wife to replace her 09 Malibu Hybrid (thank god) I am in shock how great the steering input is for a suv. The steering is lighter than my speed6......
We have 200 miles on the clock and are averaging 26 mpg for mostly city.

Congrats on the new CX-5.

btw - How bad was the Malibu?

Nice! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pick the CX-5 up for? Looking to get the same model for my wife.

Congrats on the new CX-5.

btw - How bad was the Malibu?

Thanks. Malibu had the complete hybrid battery system replaced, AC module replaced twice. The MPG combined was 25 and while thats not bad, its certainly not what the Manufacturers claim was.

OP, great upgrade! When I worked for a rental car company, their fleet was mainly Chevy malibu's and Cobalts. The CX-5 is a WAY better choice! Let me know if you or your wife need anything for your car.

-Tyler

This is an incredible deal! The best I could get is over 2k more. How did you negotiate it down?

I'm the man.

haha honestly I'v purchased 3 cars from this particular dealership in the last 4 years. If you do some research into what your dealership is paying for their inventory, you can get real close to their invoice price.

Talking out the door price is meaningless when taxes and registration fees vary state to state, county to county, etc. Makes for non-valid comparisons.

Last edited:
This makes sense as the invoice price for AWD Touring is $25217.

I would think invoice would change from one dealership to another. If I buy 20 Mazdas and you buy 200, who do you think is getting a cheaper price. When we bought her Malibu, we got it for 1000 less than another dealership with the exact same options,trim, color, etc. I told dealer A about dealer B since I liked dealer A better and they would not match dealer B.

Last edited:
The invoice price does not change from dealer to dealer in the US. Dealers can qualify for rebates and sales incentives from manufacturers though which in effect changes the cost to the dealer. So a volume dealer can offer lower prices even though their margin may be a lot less but they will get bonuses from the manufacturer a lot of the time. In fact, I believe the invoice price has to be the same by law in the US. There are some regional advertising charges that some manufactures impose that are allowed and are considered to be part of the invoice.

Back