Automatic Temperature Question

jpix

:
2013 cx5
I noticed that when I turn on the automatic climate control the AC comes regardless odd what temp I set it at. I actually noticed it during the test drive and asked the rep - he said it is normal.

If you turn off the AC does the auto climate control still work? Does it turn AC back in when needed?

If I don't turn the AC off it seems to do a good job of maintaining the cabin temp bit I'm wondering if I'm wasting the AC.

Thought,,,,

I noticed that when I turn on the automatic climate control the AC comes regardless odd what temp I set it at. ......Thought,,,,

This has been the case with most (maybe even all) cars that I've had with climate control. The fact that the aircon light is on does not mean that the compressor is necessarilly also running. It just means it's available if it needs it for temperature control.

The a/c light does the same in my cx-7. Does something similar in my Honda van. Since your in Canada too, and probably get more snow than me out west, have you ever notice the windows in your car fog up when the a/c button is turned off or in the spring when it may rain a lot, but it is still cool out enough to have the heat on in the car? Well, not only does the a/c periodocally come on to regulate the temperature in the car when iy"s set on automatic, but it also helps remove the moisture in the car from wetness such as snow melting and breathing. In my old sh*tbox I had before, the A/C broke many years ago. every spring and in the summer when the moisture and warmer temperature came, the windows would start fogging up. the same thing happens in my car when i turn the A/c off, but as soon as I turn it back on, the fogged up windows disappear. The a/c recently stopped working in my van, but i have not had a chance to take it in to find out if there is a leak or its the compressor, but the windows fog up when it rains.

Back