CorkSport Products for the CX-5

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
Hello Everyone,

We are busying working on new parts for the Cx5. We will be posting up a product section shortly which will include the Short ram intake we have been working on along with other parts. We have started development work on an exhaust as well. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

-Derrick

what type of performance gains are we looking at with new intake and exhaust? Have you guys done work in mazda 3 skyactive?

Hello Everyone,

We are busying working on new parts for the Cx5. We will be posting up a product section shortly which will include the Short ram intake we have been working on along with other parts. We have started development work on an exhaust as well. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

-Derrick

Reading lots of different info on the net and want to get the answer from some pros...

How will a short ram intake affect fuel economies? Should I be expecting a gain or loss .

Thanks in advance

Reading lots of different info on the net and want to get the answer from some pros...

How will a short ram intake affect fuel economies? Should I be expecting a gain or loss .

Thanks in advance

That depends on your right foot. The SRI itself will hardly make a difference one way or the other.

Thanks in advance

technically, you should be gaining in the fuel economy and hp/torque department, just because the engine can breathe easier. However, your right foot will determine a lot as well.

Derrick, can't WAIT to see what products you release for the CX-5. (idhitit)

what type of performance gains are we looking at with new intake and exhaust? Have you guys done work in mazda 3 skyactive?

I think they've already released an exhaust system for the skyactiv mazda 3.

We have the Cx5 intake released already and we are working on an axle back exhaust as well. We have a few other items in the works as well.

-Derrick

We have the Cx5 intake released already and we are working on an axle back exhaust as well. We have a few other items in the works as well.

-Derrick

Is the axle back exhaust almost the same as the current gen MX-5? Looking at the two mufflers and flange connection they appear identical.

technically, you should be gaining in the fuel economy and hp/torque department, just because the engine can breathe easier. However, your right foot will determine a lot as well.

Derrick, can't WAIT to see what products you release for the CX-5. (idhitit)

Maybe this is a stupid question but please bear with me. I saw the video of removing a whole bunch of housing etc and replacing it with this small intake and cone shaped air filter. If, in fact this increases MPG and HP/TQ, why didn't Mazda make it this way in the first place? The cost difference couldn't be that much on a broad scale. I mean it seems just too simple to spend a couple hundred bucks and get better performance all around. There absolutely has to be a downside or Mazda would have done it, right? Does the CX-5 sound like a semi-truck or something after the swap out?

I noticed the Mazda setup has cold air intake, which I would expect.

Maybe this is a stupid question but please bear with me. I saw the video of removing a whole bunch of housing etc and replacing it with this small intake and cone shaped air filter. If, in fact this increases MPG and HP/TQ, why didn't Mazda make it this way in the first place? The cost difference couldn't be that much on a broad scale. I mean it seems just too simple to spend a couple hundred bucks and get better performance all around. There absolutely has to be a downside or Mazda would have done it, right? Does the CX-5 sound like a semi-truck or something after the swap out?

intakes are very loud when accelerating. Most people would not buy the car if it came that way from factory.

Also the filter maintenance isnt as simple as the stock drop in filters. These last a life time and require cleaning and or oiling. Corksports do not require oiling which is nice but you do have to take the filter out and carefully wash it while preventing any dirty water from entering the inside of the cone. then its got to dry for a day or so (all the while you cant drive your car). For the 99.99% of people, they would not want any of this for gains that can not be seen without a dyno.

Is the axle back exhaust almost the same as the current gen MX-5? Looking at the two mufflers and flange connection they appear identical.

It is different, we checked and the width is different. We are driving around on the pre-production exhaust currently on our test Cx5.

-Derrick

It is different, we checked and the width is different. We are driving around on the pre-production exhaust currently on our test Cx5.

-Derrick

can't wait to hear the exhaust! I hope it won't be too loud, more of a deep sporty note would be sweet.

-Derrick

Would it be possible to get a video clip of the pre-production exhaust for us?

A video clip would be great!!!

I home you guys would have the exhaust ready for purchase by Christmas or v day so i can add it to my list :)

Back