Optional moonroof

ritmia

Hi, I'd like to understand if the moonroof (little electric roof on the top - I don't know if the moonroof is a correct word) is glass or plate as car ???
Thanks a lot
Ciao, Cesare

Hi, I'd like to understand if the moonroof (little electric roof on the top - I don't know if the moonroof is a correct word) is glass or plate as car ???
Thanks a lot
Ciao, Cesare

It's glass.

Called moonroof, It's tinted glass. I would not own a SUV without one, just my preference.

Called moonroof, It's tinted glass. I would not own a SUV without one, just my preference.

Only learned through a search, what the difference is. Apparently Ford coined the term moonroof. It's a sunroof that allows light in through glass. A sunroof without glass is not a moonroof.

That said, we've never used the term in Australia so while you've all been saying moonroof... I've been scratching my head wondering what it was.

It's probably the same reason "Ritmia" is asking.

For the non North Americans out there, do you also see the term moonroof being used?

Yes, a "sunroof" is made of metal (not a "moonroof" of glass). It can be manual (with a manual crank or just a manually lifted out panel) or power (electric).

The one I don't like is the fixed glass roof like the Range Rover Evoque, it cannot be opened for fresh air on a nice day.

I think do some confusion ... I meant the top open roof and not only glass roof (without open it). If I understand right, the open top roof (soon roof) is made of metal and not glass :-(
Thanks, ciao
Cesare

I think do some confusion ... I meant the top open roof and not only glass roof (without open it). If I understand right, the open top roof (soon roof) is made of metal and not glass :-(
Thanks, ciao
Cesare

I think you understand correctly.

The CX-5 offers only a moonroof (electric to open/close).

Latest posts

Back