CX-5 in Canada -- Interest Rates

Zipnick

Hi,

The advertised interest rates for the CX-5 in Canada are higher than all other Mazda models, because of the new model launch. The current promotions from other car makers are advertised to end "April 30th".

I was wondering if anyone following Mazda knows if they have a pattern for new models like the CX-5. Is it possible to hope for a change to lower interest rates on May 1st? If not, then I guess I'll order soon, but I can wait a few more weeks if it is worth it...

Any thoughts on this?

Z. from Qubec

Don't know if there is any pattern per se, but I'm not expecting them to lower the interest rate at least before September when the newer 2013 models are about to come out. And even then, since the CX-5 is already sold as a "2013" model, it may not happen at all if the demand stays high and supply relatively low like it seems to be now.

Also notice that most "flagship promotions" apply to 2012 models in the fine print… but that doesn't mean you can't negotiate a price with your dealer.

Thanks for that feedback. As for negotiating, I am told that the interest rates are out of reach, but I could try with the sales price. If they are like Toyota, you can't even hope to get a $15 snow broom for free... And since I am not a return Mazda client, I can't get the "fidelity" rebates.

Thanks for that feedback. As for negotiating, I am told that the interest rates are out of reach, but I could try with the sales price. If they are like Toyota, you can't even hope to get a $15 snow broom for free... And since I am not a return Mazda client, I can't get the "fidelity" rebates.

You can get the rebate if someone in your house hold has a mazda. As long as your drivers license address matches the address on the ownership of the person in your house who owns the mazda you will get the rebate. 1% I believe off the interest rate.

Depends on the dealer from what I've heard, but it doesn't hurt to try. If you can, visit more than one Mazda dealer and start from there if one is more willing to negotiate than the other.

Quite frankly I could have been more aggressive at negotiating, but I got about ~900$ of "freebies" and the fidelity rebate in my case.

I got the dealer to knock $1000 off and I was eligible for the loyalty 1% rate discount. I think they conceded the $1000 since I was factory ordering the unit (Zeal Red Mica with Cloth Sand Interior GS). I have my Miata to drive until the unit arrives so it works out for me. I think I can beat on them for some further discounts once the vehicle arrives.

This is what i got from Fairview Mazda in Montreal.

1% discount on interest rate

3 free oil changes

800$ cap on winter tires once Im ready to buy them from the dealer.

They also took care of some repairs of my trade in that was being refinanced by them... 500$ for a broken windshield and 1200 for an engine reair that Mazda did not want to cover under warranty.

So in all I got a pretty good deal.

I pay 266$ bi-weekly for and AWD Gt White, and i had to re-finance 2000$ from my CX7.

Ps forgot to mention, I also got the Mazda extended warranty

Last edited:
what sorts of other discounts do you think you can get from them? accessories, price?

I was thinking I can get some accessories (mud flaps, mats) thrown in and I know I can get them to drop the price on the protection (undercoat,paint sealant, 3m)

Hi all.... Just picked mine up this week.......the discounts or savings I received were.....

1% rate reduction
They offered 800 for my trade.....got 2500 in the end.
Also got half of tech pakage paid for by the dealer.
They also reduced the cost of the car by 800

All said and done....got about 3500 off the price and 1% off the rate.

Good luck negotiating.

P.s I walked away 3 times ...everytime they conceded and gave a little more. I wan't going to get the tech pkg originally....but then was just about to sign when I was told kit could be up to 2 months before getting the car.....thus I told them to give me the one in showroom for same price.....in the end we split the difference...and I got my car in 2 days.

Back