New member CX-5

CX-SV

Contributor
:
2013 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech (Mar'12-Jul'14)
Just registered today, purchased the CX-5 on March 18th. So far, so good.

Hey man... just picked up the 2013 CX-5 AWD GT w/tech as well on Saturday, pearl white. I love this freakin car. Just enough power and saves a butt load of gas. Very sexy inside!! so far so good here as well!

fellowsquare - Welcome and congrats on new CX-5. Mine is white too.

I'm averaging 26.5 mpg on Chevron regular in first 1000 miles or so (hand-calculated), using it for commuting in heavy traffic mostly.

The dealer told me to put regular in it... is that how it should be? Not worry about premium or mid-grade? So far havent driven it much.. all i know is ive driven about 100miles so far since saturday and it's barely even put a dent in the gas.

Thanks mazdadude.

San Jose/Santa Clara valley is home base. Purchased CX-5 in San Mateo county.

I see you have a long history of Mazda ownership. I've only owned one Mazda in 1994, otherwise a variety of Honda, Toyota, Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche, Ford, Jag products.

Last edited:
And my followup post:

Sold the 2013 CX-5 last Sunday to a close family member that needed to replace here used-up Subie Outback. She really wanted all the lux and safety features included with the GT/tech package and like the color combo too.

So my CX-5 has gone to good home. It will be missed, even it was an extra vehicle for me in last year.

We all grow and move on. Wish the best for you, no matter what Mike says. Come on back anytime.
IMG_4862.jpg

Thanks.

Yes, mazdas247.com has been a great resource for me as owner of a CX-5. I really appreciated the info specific to our vehicle.

btw - What did Mike say?

Thanks.

Yes, mazdas247.com has been a great resource for me as owner of a CX-5. I really appreciated the info specific to our vehicle.

btw - What did Mike say?

Was nice having you around. I think you will enjoy your new 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage. I'm not sure what he meant about Mike. I squashed my beef with him a long time ago. You are loved and will be missed.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Best wishes for the future. Come back and visit soon.

You never know there may a great new mazda just around the corner to tempt you :D

Chris_top_her - Thanks. I'll try to keep checking-in to see what the latest mods are on your CX-5.

Note: my commuter car is more frumpy than the 2015 Mirage, lol.

Dad of jon - Thanks. Always good to have your perspective from the UK, (My last visit to north Yorkshire area was many years ago, good memories.) Agreed, with the way Mazda has done it's latest Kodo-design products lately, I'm sure to keep interested. Go Mazda!

It was a pleasure reading your posts, I wish you success on your next vehicle and next forum- ZOOM ZOOM!

Skorpio - Thanks. Keep up the good work on the "evil"-clean-machine.

Back