Floor mats (sorry if double post)

Push the center of each "button" in with your thumb while slightly lifting the mat from the edge closest to the button and the mat should pop off. Easiest if you pop only one button at a time.

hey, are your anchors attached to the floor? on my old passat (that i traded in for the cx5) the anchors were pretty secure into the floor so it made removing mats easier, but the ones in my 5 seem to be just attached to carpet so the whole thing comes up when you try to pop the mats off

I noticed the same thing when replacing the OEM mats with the Weathertech liners. It may be that the carpet doesn't have any strong attachment points near the mat buttons, which perhaps your VW (and other vehicles) do, and not that the buttons themselves are attached to the floor. Either way, it's definitely noticeable and you have to be careful when removing the mats.

On a side note, the carpet floor mats have got to be the lightest floor mat I have ever lifted. SKYACTIV engineered floormats??

On a side note, the carpet floor mats have got to be the lightest floor mat I have ever lifted. SKYACTIV engineered floormats??

LOL. I thought the same thing - and they want $80+ for these things? The cardboard box that they sell them in is probably thicker. Even if I hadn't gotten the WeatherTech liners, I would have replaced these in a heartbeat because it won't take long before the driver's heel wears through one of these puppies.

Those things are tight, but they do come off. Not the best design, I like the ones on recent Mercedes which are very secure but easier to unhook.

Back