Lopsided headlights at night?!?

CX5 TX Hottie

:
2013 CX5 Grand Touring Liquid Silver
Does anyone else notice the different heights where the light shines (at night)? Is this adjustable??

It is supposed to be diferent..

It is aligned like that to make it less offesnsive to oncoming drivers..

they actually aren't misaligned, its the way the cut offs are designed with projector beam headlights both headlights kick up midway from left to right

beam_pattern.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=pro...ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=719

If you're only travelling between countries with the same driving side, you're okay.

But if you're English and you cross the channel in an RHD vehicle into France, the lights point the wrong way. This results in annoyed French drivers who will flash their lights and beep their horns.

I was looking at the placement of lights on the CX-5. I think they're just about perfect with their fall off.

no prob, glad i could be of service, whats trippy is if you have the tech pack, and they move!!
I'm considering a cx-5 gt with tech package. Does anyone have any video showing them in action at start up?

I'm considering a cx-5 gt with tech package. Does anyone have any video showing them in action at start up?

i could prolly do that, didn't know they moved at startup or sitting still, thought it was just in movement, i'll give it a whirl tonight though

What does the Tech Pack include in Canada?
I think you might be referring to Xenon's can do a video of that for you.

Tech Pack means something else completely different to us - it means BSM + LDWS + Auto High Beam.

For record start up is rapid and lights are quite clear and white.

Technology Package in Canada is :
- Bi-Xenon headlights
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) with automatic headlamp levelling
- SIRIUS satellite radio (includes free 6 month subscription)
- Navigation system
All for CDN $1395 before tax.

No mention of "advanced keyless entry" being included only with the Technology Package in Canada, but it does say that the "Intelligent Key system with panic mode" is standard on the GT trim.

Is that how the CX-5 cutoff looks like? I would think they would have more of the reverse Z cutoff since that's how all of the other Mazdas are:

stockHID.jpg

yeah that was just a generic pic i found on google, not my headlights, i was just using it as an example of how projector systems throw light, mine are very sharp rises/angles

Back