New 6 Speed!! Metro Gray

cmceleste

:
2013 CX-5
Just picked her up yesterday and I am very pleased but I sadly traded in my 2006 Jeep Wrangler. The car drives great! So happy this car came out, its what I have been looking to find for several months. Gas mileage is awesome so far, though I only put on just under 100 miles, the computer is reading I am averaging 29mpg (double my Jeep). It will definitely be tested as I drive it more. It is a little slow off the line, (my Jeep was very torque-y, gearing ratio on the rear axel helped), but it gets out of its own way very well on the highway. Down shifting to pass a car is just fine with the manual transmission. The responsiveness of the car is stellar, it really feels like I am driving a sporty sedan. Tight steering and great at taking corners, it is so easy and comfortable to drive. I wish it was a little smoother over bumps but Im sure the CX9 has a better suspension for those who want a little more luxurious ride.

Those of use who prefer manual transmissions miss out on upgrades from any manufacturer. That said I would have gotten a sunroof and the 40/20/40 rear seat with arm rest. Navigation would be nice, but now I have the option to upgrade the entire stereo system easily, which will be done down the line. Other future mods will include tint and possibly wheels, maybe just plasti-dip. I am hoping a company will come out with some type of intake/exhaust system.

Overall I am totally satisfied with the vehicle and am looking forward to driving it more.

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 599
  • Color Swatch.jpg
    Color Swatch.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase. I think the sadness from your Jeep leaving you will fade. Once you've started driving your Mazda around, you'll wonder why you didn't convert to the brand sooner.

I drove the same model a few days ago, and it is exactly what I had hoped for. The tranny shifts like the 6-spd in my 2001 Miata. It is just a fantastic combination of sport, utility and economy all for $21490. The road noise was subdued with the 17" wheels and although they don't fill out the wheel wells as nicely as the 19s, I won't be upgrading them unless the extra 17" wheels from my Acura fit. I wish the bluetooth option was available. The brochure says its an option, but the website says not. That's okay, the first mod will be a Kenwood Gps with CD, DVD, bluetooth, usb and backup camera - $1000. Next come the seat heaters - my wife loves these in her TSX and seems to be her only requirement in a vehicle.

Congrats on the new CX-5. I am feeling the envy.

Very nice.

I wonder if the blue tooth package will be available at a later date. After market options are nice but they'll always cost more than OEM.

I'd go with gray too if I have to buy a 6mt today. I wonder if anyone has tried to ask Mazdausa if they can custom order a color on the with 6mt.

Are those the stock wheels with the manual transmission? In Canada the stock wheels are steelies and the wheels you have are part of a package:

Convenience Package includes: 17" Alloy wheels, privacy glass, Bluetooth w/ audio profile, Steering wheel controls for Bluetooth, 5.8" Colour display screen, HD radio
$1,500

Yes, the stock wheels are 17" alloys, but no bluetooth - 5.8" screen available in any package on base MT.

The 19" might look like the fill the wheel wells better, but it's an optical illusion. The 19" are marginally larger than the 17" due to the low profile nature (if they weren't low profile, they'd be much larger in diameter). The measurements are in the Australian brochure and the quoted difference was barely 1% increase.

The 17" are meant to provide the better ride, so I think you've chosen well.

Back