Trading wheels for those who have the 19", I have the 17". Loving the manual 6spd!

vincey2kr1

:
mazda, cx-5/6-spd/liquid silver
Trading wheels for those who have the 19", I have the 17". Loving the manual 6spd!

Disappointed with the options on the Manual 6spd but loving the cx-5! Great gas mileage, computer indicating about 33mpg cruise at 70mph. The RPM's are in the 2,8k almost 3k pretty high but she still sipping gas i guess. I had test drove the Mitsi outlander sport w/ cvt it would run really low 2k rpms at highway speeds but avg around 26mpg.(boom06) Found that rather strange. Anyways in the process of trying to spruce this base model, if anyone is willing to trade or sell let me know please vincey2kr1@yahoo.com 620-506-2486 Vince

high revving doesn't require more fuel, its just high due to gearing and the final drive ratio. My Fusion is the same way, 3,000 rpm @ 70 mph. Its more annoying than anything else, especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust. I would love to have a 6th gear that would get the rpms down around 2,000 but that seems to be hard to find unless you have a diesel.

If one puts say 12,000 miles a year on their car, the tires would be replaced at about the 4 year point. I really don't know but say the 19"s would cost $400 more to replace. An extra $100 per year doesn't seem like it should scare someone from getting the 19"s but that's just my opinion.

If one puts say 12,000 miles a year on their car, the tires would be replaced at about the 4 year point. I really don't know but say the 19"s would cost $400 more to replace. An extra $100 per year doesn't seem like it should scare someone from getting the 19"s but that's just my opinion.

The cost isn't such a big deal, but right now there's not very many tires for the 19s. Particularly if you were looking to go for a high-performance tire sometime down the road.

A high performance tire? On the CX-5? OK but not something most people would be looking to do IMO.

high revving doesn't require more fuel, its just high due to gearing and the final drive ratio. My Fusion is the same way, 3,000 rpm @ 70 mph. Its more annoying than anything else, especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust. I would love to have a 6th gear that would get the rpms down around 2,000 but that seems to be hard to find unless you have a diesel.

Can confirm that diesel at 70mph is 1900rpm. Barely makes a sound. But means that you can hear the wind around the mirrors more.

A high performance tire? On the CX-5? OK but not something most people would be looking to do IMO.

If you'd put one on a Mazda 3 (I would) then I don't see why you wouldn't put one on a CX-5.

I'm certainly going to get a set when my currents wear out. It almost never snows here, and if I hit the mountains during winter, I really should have a set of snows anyway.

As I mentioned in the Tires/wheels section, there are no summer tire options available for these tires. A high performance all season is all you'll get. And I agree, there's no point getting the 19" - it's a rare size and tire choice is very limited. You add more weight also. It's mainly for looks, and won't work as well in winter.

I wish they would have went to an 18" on the GT instead. It would have been better all around I think but still not a major issue.

Exactly a non-issue. For those that can afford a $29K GT, the cost of replacement 19's is a non-issue. 19's have increased in popularity over last decade and replacement tires are still far cheaper than tires on premium SUV's, not to mention sports cars. For most the original tires will last over 3 years.

Rather than getting the OEM 19s, maybe look into other 19s with a more common size. You'd get more tire options that way. There are a lot of 19s on tirerack.com that supposedly fit the CX-5.

235/55/19 is about .43" taller than stock, slower acceleration resulting from higher gearing effect probably noticeable.
235/50/19 is about .49" shorter than stock, probably better option of the 2.

235/55/19 is about .43" taller than stock, slower acceleration resulting from higher gearing effect probably noticeable.
235/50/19 is about .49" shorter than stock, probably better option of the 2.

What CX-SV said. That's already more than I know.

Also, TSX2004 - my fiancee has an 06 TSX with a manual. Great car.

With 235/50/19, Dueler H/L Alenza seems to be a good set of tires.

I didn't know 235/55/19 would change the height. I thought it's just wider.

Just not enough option for 225/55/19. This is the reason i don't want a GT trim, but like the rest of GT offering

I have pretty much gone through the dealer for tire purchases who matched tirerack.com and give me a 15% discount via a program they have (up to $500). I got a card every year and only used it on tires, Syn Oil, rear differential fluid, brake pads and air filter changes on my Speed6. The price of tires has gone down over the 6yrs I have owned the vehicle. I expect about the same with the CX5

Back