US CX-5 GT Climate temp display in C

:
GA prior 16 CX5 GT
:
20 CX5 GT + Prem
Anybody know how to switch the GT Climate control display from C to F?

According to the owners manual (look for "ambient temperature display" in the index of your owner's manual, actually page 4-12 in mine but I'm in Canada so note that it may differ in yours) you have to hold the info button with the ignition off for 5 seconds, then turn the ignition on while still holding info. The outside temp should flash and you can change the unit using the arrows on the info button. Hold info again 3 seconds to set.

LOL. After all the paperwork was finalized, my salesman was going over all the features of the car when he noticed that the a/c temp was displaying in Celsius. He tried every button and every knob to switch it to Fahrenheit. I was afraid he was going ti break something! The next thing I know, he runs inside and a minute later, 5 other guys come out with him and they took turns trying to figure it out. to got tired of waiting and told them I was going across the street to the fast-food place and to let me know when they figured it out. After grabbing dinner, I went outside and the salesman had driven it over with the temp switched.. They should have paid for my dinner for their impromptu training session!

It's on page 4-12 of the manual!

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if there's a way to change km & l/100km to miles and mpg?

Haven't tried it myself yet, but the wording in the manual seems to indicate that it would be done in the same way.

My dealer reset mine while reading the instructions in the manual and it still took him about 6 or 7 tries before it changed so don't give up if after a couple of times if it doesn't work.

Thanks

I was looking in the AC part of the info but the display goes with the outside temp which is controled by the info button - now fixed!

Ironically the cars here get delivered with their TomTom set to miles (we get default UK settings).

The car settings though, may be default from Japan. Which is fairly straightforward for us.
There is no difference between Australian and Japanese in terms of RHD or metric.

I would think the Japanese would at least know that if cars get sold to the US and Belize (and any other US territory), it should get Fahrenheit damn it!!
Someone forgot to enable it.

Wonder how many car makers export to the US and forget to make the switch?

I've heard the resistance for the US to convert to the international standard of Celsius is due to the need to include negative numbers sometimes. It's very common to have negative C in the US.

Last edited:
Back