Extended Warranty

Rufus

:
2013 CX-5 GT Liquid Silver Metallic AWD w/Tech Package
Hi everyone,

We just purchased a new CX5 GT yesterday and are interested in a factory extended warranty. When we purchased our Toyota a couple years ago, a forum had the contact information for a Toyota dealer across the country that sold the extended warranties for a VERY fair price. You just called him up, he checked the VIN to make sure it was eligible and then gave your CC. We got a Toyota 7 year/100k mile bumper to bumper warranty for less than $800. We were previously looking at a Subaru Outback, before deciding on the CX5, and the Outback forum had contact information about Subaru dealerships doing a similar deal. Does anyone know of a Mazda dealer offering a similar option? The dealer we purchased the CX5 from offered an additional 2 years of bumper to bumper (5 years total) for $1000, which we feel is WAY to much.

Here's a link to the thread about the Toyota deal in case anyone is interested.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/96-4-3-general/88718-buying-extended-warranty-read-first.html

Thanks in advance!!!

I am also very interested in this information. I opted out of the extra 2 years as well, with the intent of possibly purchasing it later on. My dealership said the price for the extended warranty would rise if I decided to go back later. I might go out and grab it regardless of Mazda's reliability - it's a new vehicle from the ground up.

I was quoted $1500 for a total for 6 years 100k miles bumper to bumper. Now you got me thinking thats too expensive.

I was quoted $1500 for a total for 6 years 100k miles bumper to bumper. Now you got me thinking thats too expensive.

2 year "extended" for $1000 does not cover powertrain (as it's still covered by manufacturers warranty) --> at least that's how i read it.
so you, for $500 extra get a full 1 year of additional warranty. I myself would be more interested in extended powertrain warranty than anything else.

I purchased one from the dealer for $1300. 7 years, 75,000. mi. I probably could have gotten cheaper but many of the dealers in Louisiana use LDS (Louisiana Dealer Services Co). They have been around since the 1970's and because so many Louisiana dealers use them, hopefully they will not go bankrupt like I understand other companies have. I think that is what I would be most worried about since then you have no recourse if the company does go under. If there is a company that many or most dealers use in your state, I would check that out and make sure the coverage is Nationwide, not just for a specific dealership or state coverage.

a lot has to do with where you are located and what you want covered...i got a quote for $1900 from the dealer which i thought was ridiculous...(7 yr, 100k) but when i started asking around more, calling other extended warranty companies...that 1900 went up to 2100-2400 for the same number of years/mileage. so i went back to the dealer to get their extended warranty package.

Anyone who belongs to AAA should check out their rates on these extended warranty deals. I got one from the dealer when I bought my CX9 just because it could be put into the car loan at zero interest but I did pay a bit more than essentially identical coverage from a AAA certified insurer.

For the GT I think the extended warranty is probably worth it if just for the peace of mind given all the expensive electronics etc. The basic Mazda vehicles though are so reliable these days I'd be tempted to go naked rather than put the money into extended warranty especially for something less than 6/7 years and 100,000 miles.

WOW! The prices you all got quoted with are ridiculously high. I purchased the extended warranty for $950. I love my Mazda dealer...he hooked it up overall with my complete purchase of the CX-5.

Does yours cover powertrain, electronics etc?

WOW! The prices you all got quoted with are ridiculously high. I purchased the extended warranty for $950. I love my Mazda dealer...he hooked it up overall with my complete purchase of the CX-5.

My dealer in Colorado has quoted me $3,000 for 76 Months/100,000 miles. I know that the CX-5 is a 1st Gen but do you think extended warranties are worth it? Anyone? Kinda scary with all the electronics on board (i.e. backup camera, LCD screen, blindside mirror, etc).

Last edited:
My dealer in Colorado has quoted me $3,000 for 76 Months/100,000 miles. I know that the CX-5 is a 1st Gen but do you think extended warranties are worth it? Anyone? Kinda scary with all the electronics on board (i.e. backup camera, LCD screen, blindside mirror, etc).
That is a pure dealer profit rip off. Join AAA and get a quote from them. I'm betting it will cost less than half of what your dealer is trying to charge.

Remember folks, you don't need to buy the extended warranty at the same time as the vehicle. You have a year or two to sort it out and look for a better deal. Even your dealer will come down in price to get you back in his showroom later. Just be careful of the flybynight warranty operations. AAA, CR and a number of warranty review websites can be helpful.

Interested in this too as I got a 8 year 120k extended Acura care extended warranty in my previous TL for only $1200. Came in handy when the auto tragic transmission died at 115k (3rd tranny!) so I got a new $4000 transmission replacement. Concerned a bit about the new trannyand direct injection motor on the cx5 so interested in a high volume discount seller of Mazdas extended warranty.

I too am interested , we may have to scour the various Mazda forums to see if there is an overly enterprising Mazda salesperson selling factory warranties on the cheap.

Interested in this too as I got a 8 year 120k extended Acura care extended warranty in my previous TL for only $1200. Came in handy when the auto tragic transmission died at 115k (3rd tranny!) so I got a new $4000 transmission replacement. Concerned a bit about the new trannyand direct injection motor on the cx5 so interested in a high volume discount seller of Mazdas extended warranty.

Just wanted to give an update to everyone.

My local dealer has Mazda backed Extended warranties for the following prices:

(the prices are approximate, I have the price sheet and will adjust when i get home but they are int he ballpark)

$1600 $0 deductible
$1400 $50/deductible.
$1200 $100/deductible
$1000 $250/deductible

These are 7 yr 120,000 Mile warranties . It overlaps your current 3yr/36K mile warranty.

If anyone is interested in buying a policy let me know and I'll pass you my sales guys info.

Last edited:
wtf, i paid like 1200 for my 'wrap protection' with 100 deductible just to bring bumper-bumper up to 5/60k....

Back