Bluetooth

candf

:
2013 CX-5 FWD Touring
This is my first time having bluetooth so I didn't know if it's the same for all cars but anyone know if there is a way to bypass all the voice prompts telling me to call, redial, go back, etc. It's annoying that I have to listen to all the prompts each time before I can make a call.

I believe that if you just use a generic command, such as "Phone" or "Navigation," the robo-voice will list all of the options for you but if you have downloaded your contact information from your phone, you can give a direct command, such as "Call Mary Smith" or "Dial 123-456-7890" and it will bypass the prompts. You can do the same thing with navigation (e.g. Navigate to 123 Main Street, Jonesville, New York).

I believe that if you just use a generic command, such as "Phone" or "Navigation," the robo-voice will list all of the options for you but if you have downloaded your contact information from your phone, you can give a direct command, such as "Call Mary Smith" or "Dial 123-456-7890" and it will bypass the prompts. You can do the same thing with navigation (e.g. Navigate to 123 Main Street, Jonesville, New York).

The problem is that all the voice prompts start right away and you cannot say anything until it is finished and there is a beep.

Why not just use the phone to dial directly?
The BT will take over the communication part automatically.
The law does not prevent you from "touching" the phone. Just don't hold it up
and talk on it.

The problem is that all the voice prompts start right away and you cannot say anything until it is finished and there is a beep.

After fiddling with it, it appears that after you first press the "talk" button, you have about two seconds to say a command before the robo-voice starts spewing out the options. Obviously, this isn't much time to beat the robo-voice to the punch. However, according to the Bluetooth troubleshooting guide, once the robo-voice starts listing the options, press and release the talk button again quickly and the robo-options will stop. You can then speak whatever command you desire. Hope this helps.

This is my first time having bluetooth so I didn't know if it's the same for all cars but anyone know if there is a way to bypass all the voice prompts telling me to call, redial, go back, etc. It's annoying that I have to listen to all the prompts each time before I can make a call.

There should be a button on the steering wheel just above the two calling buttons. It has an icon of a person speaking. If you press that, it should skip all the command prompts.

There should be a button on the steering wheel just above the two calling buttons. It has an icon of a person speaking. If you press that, it should skip all the command prompts.

The button worked. I never even noticed that button before. I even called the phone number given for the Mazda bluetooth questions and the guy said there was no way to bypass the prompts. Thank you!

I am so glad I found this thread. Once you know how to use the system, those prompts get quite annoying and time consuming.

Big finding for me, I have been so annoyed with that robot command as well, gonna try right after work today!! Thanks!

Back