Msg to the modders

awmenard

:
Mazda cx5
Question for modders

Hello to all,

I'm the proud owner of a white cx5 GT, like all of you im learning and enjoying my new ride.

The car looks amazing I love the front end, look really agressive.

My question is, what kind of mods are you planing on doing to your cx5?

Last edited:
lowering it, not sure how yet. chipping the diesel, not sure... black enkei RFP1s. australian "class 3" hitch or local custom job. i'm leaning toward metro grey GT.

First thing I'm gonna tackle is those exhaust tips, they really don't compliment the vehicule.

I'm thinking of fitting Lexus LS460 tips, just not sure if the line will flow well. Photoshop will tell me :)

Lowering for sure when springs are available, also looking for rims, might go with 22's or 20's still looking around

Just got a black mica GS cx-5.
Already put blue drl lights to replace the stock yellow one.
Added HID"s to top (6k) and bottom (3k)
Evil "M" up front.
I hope to lower it and slapping on 20"s; thinking of a 2 step wheel.
Limo tints and 35 up front.
And many more mod"s to come.

Evil "M" up front.

Wow already? I feel like I'm slacking here, any pics?

Evil "M" up front.

DDM Tuning for HIDs? Need bulb-out error eliminators? or is the car fine with less resistance?

For the DRL, the car needs resistors other wise they flicker.

i thought the drl on us cars was just the high beams on low power?

i'd like to find a way to get an inconspicuously mounted small sub in the back, kind of how mitsu/fosgate did it in the outlander sport, the bose sounds nice but its really missing the mid-low bass

also like to find a way to 'hotwire' the awd to be active on command, like having a switch somewhere that forces awd to be active when you want it (say you're in a snowy/mucky driveway) and dont want to have the wheels slip some for the ecu to engage the rear wheels

i thought the drl on us cars was just the high beams on low power?

i'd like to find a way to get an inconspicuously mounted small sub in the back, kind of how mitsu/fosgate did it in the outlander sport, the bose sounds nice but its really missing the mid-low bass

also like to find a way to 'hotwire' the awd to be active on command, like having a switch somewhere that forces awd to be active when you want it (say you're in a snowy/mucky driveway) and dont want to have the wheels slip some for the ecu to engage the rear wheels

Let us know if you find a solution to inconspicuously adding a subwoofer. I mentioned in another thread that I found the bass lacking on the Bose system.

Also, on U.S. cars, sometimes the DRLs are set up in the amber turn signals or at least not combined with any of the forward projecting lights.

Let us know if you find a solution to inconspicuously adding a subwoofer. I mentioned in another thread that I found the bass lacking on the Bose system.

Also, on U.S. cars, sometimes the DRLs are set up in the amber turn signals or at least not combined with any of the forward projecting lights.

yeah i'll let you know but i'm not holding my breath as it would probably have to be a custom install job and i really can't justify that kind of expenditure...

on my passat the lowbeams were also the drl, and when i saw someone driving a tester cx5 on the lot the highbeams were the drls

Last edited:
35% tint on 2 front windows, done.

I will be looking into having my stock 19" wheels painted in black.

Back