PDA

View Full Version : Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liner - Now Available for CX-5

kobec
03-27-2012, 10:35 PM
http://www.weathertech.com/

JTNY
03-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Get em here:

http://www.weathertech.com/mazda/2013/CX-5/floorliner-digitalfit/

Alacoyote
03-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Glad these became available so quickly! It took a couple of years before Weathertech made these for my Hyundai Genesis. My wife's a horse rider, so she routinely drags a lot of dirt into her vehicle. We've used Husky liners in the past, which are very effective, and these custom-fit Digital liners should really do the trick in the CX-5. I ordered a set today, so I'll post my thoughts after they arrive. Not sure why they sell them in tan and gray because, to paraphrase Henry Ford, "You can have your carpet in any color you want, as long as it's black."

Nikolai87
03-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Thanks for posting! I just ordered mine to insure that they arrive before my CX-5 arrives at the dealership!
P.S. kobec, I can't wait till you post more pics!

BadApple
04-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the heads up...I just placed a order!!

stromdriver
04-02-2012, 10:25 AM
ouch, thats 70bucks more than the mazda ones, anyone have pics of the stock allweather mats to compare?

Macdaddytn
04-02-2012, 07:08 PM
IMHO there is no way to compare the Weathertech liners to the Mazda all weather mats. I had both in my Mazda 3. The Mazda mats quickly start showing wear (drivers side anyways) and don't really provide much coverage. The Weathertech liners that I purchased used on eBay showed almost no wear after 2 years of daily driving. My only "con" on these liners is they will become a little discolored. I didn't find a cleaner that would make them a dark black and not slick. I kept them after I traded and recouped some of the cost of the new liners by selling them on another forum. I ordered my new liners today and cannot wait until they arrive. Another plus is that your carpet will look almost new when you take them out so you can expect better resale down the road. I think they are well worth the extra $$$!

Alacoyote
04-03-2012, 07:30 PM
I received my Digital Liners today. I only ordered the front liners, as the rear liners are individual and therefore don't cover the transmission hump. For the rear, I purchased an all-weather "runner" from Wally World. It obviously doesn't fit as precisely as the custom liners but it does the trick and only cost $20. Plus, we rarely have rear seat passengers, so there's less chance of dirt, spills, etc. there anyway.

As to the front liners, I'll give Weathertech a "B" for the driver's side and an "A" for the passenger side. First, the driver's side liner only covers about 40% of the foot rest, so that problem hasn't been solved; a left shoe is still going to grind dirt into the carpet on the foot rest. So, I may have to try the cut-down rear mat idea that I discussed on the "dead pedal" thread.

The bigger issue IMO is that rather than molding the liner close to and around the fuel door latch on the floor, they angled the liner to bypass it, which leaves a fairly large gap exposed right at the door where dirt is most likely to get in, thereby somewhat defeating the purpose of the custom fit. Otherwise, the liners fit well and pop securely onto the "buttons" embedded in the carpet.

Here are the photos:

Full view of the driver's side liner: 192929
View of the foot rest: 192931
View of the fuel door latch: 192930
Full view of the passenger side liner: 192933

stromdriver
04-03-2012, 08:15 PM
the rears on the website show hump coverage, one piece units
where did you see its two pieces?

Alacoyote
04-03-2012, 09:40 PM
You are right - the current ("representative") website photo shows a single runner-style piece! I am almost certain that when I ordered, the website specifically noted that the rear was two pieces, which I found rather odd and was why I elected not to order for the rear. So, I'll wait until one of the above thread-posters gets their liners in to confirm that it's a full coverage one-piece and perhaps I'll order it as well! Thanks for pointing that out.

Akira.
04-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Just purchased mine :)

ZuluCX
04-04-2012, 10:07 AM
they are back ordered in Canada, I was told 2-3 weeks (I ordered on the 28th)

BadApple
04-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Mine have shipped and should be arriving on the 9th...ill post up as soon as I get them in unless someone beats me to it.

BadApple
04-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I just received my floor mats. The rear mat is 1 large piece..**see pic**

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/463898_10100244439638145_34402183_41891643_1358104 571_o.jpg

Macdaddytn
04-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I received my floor liners today as well. Very pleased with the fit! Also impressed with the shipping, I ordered them this past Monday and they arrived today....pretty quick for standard shipping. I was goin to post a pic of the rear liner but BadApple beat me to it.

BadApple
04-05-2012, 05:02 PM
I received my floor liners today as well. Very pleased with the fit! Also impressed with the shipping, I ordered them this past Monday and they arrived today....pretty quick for standard shipping. I was goin to post a pic of the rear liner but BadApple beat me to it.

Shipping was very fast! I ordered mine on the 2nd and they arrived today on the 5th...outstanding company and product! I am very impressed! I will definitely be doing business with them again!

stromdriver
04-05-2012, 09:11 PM
can we see pics with them installed, front and rear?

BadApple
04-05-2012, 09:21 PM
can we see pics with them installed, front and rear?

Sorry for the crappy pics...I am rushing off to go to work.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/526232_10100244777805455_34402183_41893438_1136835 167_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548830_10100244778214635_34402183_41893440_2078564 170_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/545018_10100244775490095_34402183_41893407_1714235 791_n.jpg

Akira.
04-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Just received my today!!!
Looks great in the car :)

sami1228
04-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Hello,

Can someone tell me if the Dealer Floor Mats are the same cut as the weathertech?
Does anyone have pics of floor mats purchased from dealer? Are they a good fit as well?

Thanks,

iverson589
04-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Hello,

Can someone tell me if the Dealer Floor Mats are the same cut as the weathertech?
Does anyone have pics of floor mats purchased from dealer? Are they a good fit as well?

Thanks,

hey....i got the mats from the dealer...they're not as nice as the weathertech ones (looking at the pictures above)...the weathertech ones have ridges on the side that slant into the main portion of the mat, whereas the ones from the dealers don't...also, the back mats don't cover the middle part (ie. they are two separate mats)...

mind you, you can probably get the mats thrown in free if you ask when you're about to buy...

jsp
04-12-2012, 12:02 PM
hey....i got the mats from the dealer...they're not as nice as the weathertech ones (looking at the pictures above)...the weathertech ones have ridges on the side that slant into the main portion of the mat, whereas the ones from the dealers don't...also, the back mats don't cover the middle part (ie. they are two separate mats)...

mind you, you can probably get the mats thrown in free if you ask when you're about to buy...

Can you post pictures of the Mazda mats ? :)

sami1228
04-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the info... :)

iverson589
04-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Can you post pictures of the Mazda mats ? :)

hey jsp. i'm actually headed out of town for two weeks tonight so i won't be able to post them until i come back. sorry about that.

jsp
04-13-2012, 11:00 AM
hey jsp. i'm actually headed out of town for two weeks tonight so i won't be able to post them until i come back. sorry about that.

No prob, I think I will go with the WeatherTech since they offer more coverage versus the Mazda ones which are flat.

cmceleste
04-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Does the front driver side mat cover the foot rest / dead pedal area?

hooked
04-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Alacoyote posted a pic that shows it only goes halfway up in reply #8 of this thread. He ended up cutting an old floor mat and velcroing it to the carpet to cover the exposed area.

VEZ
04-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Alacoyote Quote: "...pop securely onto the "buttons" embedded in the carpet." (Wheathertech)

Can the water/melted snow enter that button holes and ruin the under carpet? I mean, is there a space left, once pinned for water to get trough?
(sorry for my Frenglish...)

Alacoyote
04-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Can the water/melted snow enter that button holes and ruin the under carpet? I mean, is there a space left, once pinned for water to get trough?

No. There are no button "holes." They are really more like one-piece "nipples" that are attached to the carpet and pop into holes on the mats. So, if water managed to get through the small gap between the nipples and the mat holes, it would just go on top of the carpet, not under the carpet (unless you had a flood...).

VEZ
04-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Thank you very much "Alacoyote". I will definitely buy these at the end of summer (someone pointed out that they where backorder in Canada if i’m not mistaken...).

I have signed my CX-5 a few hours ago and it should arrive soon next week.

Alacoyote
04-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Félicitations. Je sais que vous ne le regretterez pas!

VEZ
04-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Votre français est impeccable mon cher!

inodes
04-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Does anyone know if the produce the reverse floot mats for Australia, UK, New Zealand and Japan?

VEZ
04-21-2012, 11:43 AM
We have the Weathertech, you get the diesel... don’t push your luck! :)

inodes
04-21-2012, 11:52 AM
We have the Weathertech, you get the diesel... don’t push your luck! :)

:)
Following links to a UK distributor that turned out to be a supplier that could only import the mats for Left Hand Drive vehicles (most often American cars), that enthusiasts have purchased.

We do have similar things here. Some people want to purchase an old American Mustang, and they drive around Sydney with the wheel on the left. They're able to get the mats.... the buggers.

While on the topic of strange imports, it's very common (and easy) to import strange exotic cars from Japan. I see a lot of Japanese only models in Sydney. It's easy because everything is the same between both.
Neither Japan nor anyone else with their wheel on the right side... can get the mats.

I reckon they look like an awesome product!!

And if the manufacturer could just produce a reverse set for the two front mats, they'd make a lot of extra sales :)

triarch
04-22-2012, 11:53 AM
inodes,
I agreed with you, It will have great profit if they make it for a right-hand drive user.

stromdriver
04-22-2012, 05:58 PM
has anyone tried contacting weathertech about the deadpedal issue?

inodes
04-22-2012, 07:40 PM
I tried contacting resellers in New Zealand in the hope they would have some:

Response:

Unfortunately we only import a very small range of cargo liners for our domestic market.

We do not export this product.

In addition to this, the majority of Digital Floor mats produced by Weathertech are made for the US Left Hand Drive market.

Bugger!

RushFan
04-26-2012, 10:38 PM
I appreciate everyone's input! I bought the CX-5 Mats and I am very pleased. I have a Red Zeal Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring with the Tech Package, and Bose Package.

triarch
04-27-2012, 03:03 AM
RushFan,

Nice!

bamirault
04-27-2012, 08:53 AM
You track snow into your car. You use the heater. The snow melts. The tray is now awash in water. You can let it remain retained by the mat and have it evapourate, increase the interior humidity, and eventually have it form frost on the interior windows. Alternatively you can carefully pull the mat and dump out the water before putting the car away to reduce interior frosting. In the Great White North I do mat removal of the shaped front mats in the Volvo. Looking at the shaped mats made for the CX-5 I note that the rear mat is a one piece construct. I realize this gives carpet coverage fo anyone sitting back-center, but it makes the rear mat nearly impossible to remove without spilling accumulated winter water.

I very seldom have a third rear seat passenger. Is the rear mat so made that you could cut away the hump section without the result looking like a butcher-job?

RCASC
04-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Good points...(canada)

Crucial
05-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Does anyone know of any coupons for weather tech ?

thegrapeguy
05-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Yes you could easily cut the center hump out and dump easier. However I wouldn't do that because my kids will walk with their muddy shoes over the hump and get that carpeting very dirty in wintertime especially. I think I will sacrifice a towel for mopping up water. In the front mats they are snapped in and I think that dumping will be a pain since to snap out you have to use a bit of force and that will flick the water everywhere. Again a towel will sop it up just fine and then once in a while I'll take out and clean.

Just got my Weather Tech mats for the CX5 and the fit is perfect. On my old car, Honda Odyssey, the mats were designed a bit better to actually lip out over the edge and drain the water naturally. I should say the Odyssey had a better/different design of the contour to allow the mats to easily drain water...

Paid $169 + $18 ship in the US. Got 'em in 3 days...

Anyone know if they make a cargo liner yet?

bamirault
05-03-2012, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=thegrapeguy;5945064]Yes you could easily cut the center hump out and dump easier. However I wouldn't do that because my kids will walk with their muddy shoes over the hump and get that carpeting very dirty in wintertime especially. I think I will sacrifice a towel for mopping up water.

Gilbert:

Thank you for this. I can safely make the cut - my little one now makes a living at software maintenance and we are considering what to do with the room in the house vacated when he took an apartment. :) Acquisition currently stymied by the local dealer having no GTs on the lot. This delays a necessary test drive.

If it is not bad form to ask an unrelated question, how are folks finding the CX-5 for on-road quiet? And for context, what does the new ride replace? I will be replacing a 1999 Volvo S70. The nicest car I ever owned; but not the best.

Brian

raden
05-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Just ordered a full set for mine!

amagar
05-13-2012, 09:36 AM
We picked up our CX-5 (GT, AWD pearl white with black leather) Friday and hubby installed WeatherTech mats Saturday before we went to work. As always, we filled a pump pot with coffee and put it on the floor in back seat. As bad luck would have it, the pot leaked for the first time. No worries. WeatherTech was a hero, spilling not a drop onto our new CX-5 carpet. We just sopped it up with rags.

We only learned of WeatherTech mats thanks to this forum -- so cheers to you, forum members! And cheers to WeatherTech, too.

Now please hurry, WeatherTech, and produce the CX-5 cargo liner, too...so we can avoid another new car disaster.

Hank3
05-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Now please hurry, WeatherTech, and produce the CX-5 cargo liner, too...so we can avoid another new car disaster.

The Mazda OEM one looks to be pretty nice as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDcQsR1mvmI

There's one on eBay for $75 shipped.

raden
05-18-2012, 07:11 AM
I got my weather tech liners two days ago. They are a perfect fit, and are rigid. They clicked right in place after removing the OEM rugs that came with my car.

I found the OEM cargo liner for about $63 and ordered it from Rosenthal Mazda Parts.

coachvu
05-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I got my weather tech liners two days ago. They are a perfect fit, and are rigid. They clicked right in place after removing the OEM rugs that came with my car.

I found the OEM cargo liner for about $63 and ordered it from Rosenthal Mazda Parts.

I bought the same combo. I like the OEM cargo liner better, as the lip is shorter. If you put the seats down for long items, it accommodates them much better.

jsp
06-04-2012, 03:20 PM
It seems they now sell the cargo liner...

http://www.weathertech.ca/mazda/2013/CX-5/cargo-liner/

jsp
06-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Anyone has ordered grey? I wonder if it would be nice...

raden
06-04-2012, 03:28 PM
The OEM cargo liner is rubber and covers the entire floor area including the little cup holder things on the side. It was $63 and is so much cheaper than the weathertech one. I've had mine for a little while now and it's been perfect.

nizzy1115
06-04-2012, 03:33 PM
The OEM cargo liner is rubber and covers the entire floor area including the little cup holder things on the side. It was $63 and is so much cheaper than the weathertech one. I've had mine for a little while now and it's been perfect.

I agree the OEM one is half the price and really nice. Its thick rubber that does not let items slide around.

jsp
06-04-2012, 03:43 PM
I agree the OEM one is half the price and really nice. Its thick rubber that does not let items slide around.

One of you mind posting a picture? I agree on the WT site it looks like the side of the mat could be annoying with large items when the seats are down... but it's hard to tell when they don't even show a picture of the one fitted for the CX-5, I hate one-fit-all pictures.

JTNY
06-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Just ordered my DigiFit set from https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com got 10% off and free shipping. $169 shipped! Better than buying from Weathertech.

raden
06-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Here's what mine looks like:

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz34/drago4826/CameraZOOM-20120604162903640.jpg

hooked
06-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks raden. I like that it doesn't have those rows of bumpy ridges like the CX-7 cargo tray that my Father-In-Law has. My dog will appreciate that. I think I'm going with the Mazda one.

I wish somebody made some sort of protector for the interior wheel humps(?) Those get scratched if you look at them funny.

sthio
06-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Does weathertech carpets available for right hand side driver cx5?

Or i could just use the one for the left side driver?

jsp
06-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Here's what mine looks like:

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz34/drago4826/CameraZOOM-20120604162903640.jpg

Thank's I've decided to get the Mazda one, much cheaper.

JTNY
06-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Got my Digifit liners yesterday - very surprised how light the boxes were until i took them out and realized how thin the plastic was! I would almost prefer rubber mats (like my old VW Monster mats)

Anyway, anyone notice how the mats seem to move around a bit? The fronts are secured w/the standard 2 clips but the OE mats had a velcro like lining to keep the mats from moving around but the WTech's don't have anything.

Blue Truck
07-13-2012, 04:10 PM

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Actually, I think that you are referring to the all-weather mats - these are similar in construction to the rubber cargo tray, and I was told by the Service folks that they don't last as long.

The OEM equivalent to the WeatherTechs are the Floor Liners, and I believe these are actually manufactured by WeatherTech:
- made in the USA (according to the box)
- "WeatherTech" sticker on the underside of the back row piece
- The back row coverage is one piece, covering the carpeted transmission hump

Was debating getting these when we picked up the car last week but balked at the price. I was in the dealership yesterday and they had them on for $190, normally $210. WeatherTech's website is currently selling for $216.90 + free shipping + HST + wait-time. Mazda offered $200 all-in and I bit.

They look just like the WeatherTechs posted here, except mine have the CX-5 logo/decal. They are really nice and should last a while. I can take pictures if anyone is interested.

dmw
07-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Yes, post pics please.

Blue Truck
07-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Yes, post pics please.

Here you go Dave; note the coverage for the dead pedal only goes partway up, same as those who purchased the WeatherTech-branded mats have reported.

thatwazmysn
07-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Here you go Dave; note the coverage for the dead pedal only goes partway up, same as those who purchased the WeatherTech-branded mats have reported.
Where are these from? They look like the ones from Weathertech but they say "CX-5" instead of "Weathertech".

PJO
07-14-2012, 10:11 PM

I wish I would have purchased these! I like the CX-5 logo instead of the Weather Tech logo mine have.

stromdriver
07-14-2012, 11:55 PM
I wish I would have purchased these! I like the CX-5 logo instead of the Weather Tech logo mine have.

yeah me too...

Hellcat6
07-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Sorry, but I still don't get where these are from. Seems that they are not the OEM type but say CX 5 and not Weathertech. Did they come from a dealership? I have searched the web and cannot find these unless I am missing something.

EDIT: So it seems that the WeatherTech number in the last photo is for a back piece only and that one does not say CX5 or WeatherTech as far as I can see. So did the poster buy the back from WeatherTech and the fronts from Mazda???

Blue Truck
07-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Sorry, but I still don't get where these are from. Seems that they are not the OEM type but say CX 5 and not Weathertech. Did they come from a dealership? I have searched the web and cannot find these unless I am missing something.

EDIT: So it seems that the WeatherTech number in the last photo is for a back piece only and that one does not say CX5 or WeatherTech as far as I can see. So did the poster buy the back from WeatherTech and the fronts from Mazda???

I got the full set from my dealership, everything came in a single sealed box. Perhaps these are exclusive to Canada? The floor liners appear as an accessory when building & pricing on the Mazda Canada website, I don't see an equivalent on the US accessories site (http://accessories.mazdausa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=24601&categoryId=15342&parent_category_rn=&yearSelected=2013&modelSelected=vc254).

Jwlj
07-17-2012, 12:14 PM
It would have been nice to have the CX-5 Logo on them, but I'm loving the Weather Tech mats. VERY NICE!

Only complaint is the dead pedal area. I wish it would have went up a little higher.
Anybody have any ideas as what to put there?

Hellcat6
07-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the update Blue Truck. Sounds like it might be a Canada only deal. As far as the issue with dead pedal coverage, would it do any good to spray it with Scotch Guard to help keep the crud off it????

Blue Truck
07-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the update Blue Truck. Sounds like it might be a Canada only deal. As far as the issue with dead pedal coverage, would it do any good to spray it with Scotch Guard to help keep the crud off it????

No problem. I'm not sure Scotch Guard would help with long-term wear - My car included the carpeted mats which I only used for a week, but they'd already started to pill in the so-called "high wear" rectangle on the driver's mat, just below the pedals where your right heel would typically rest.

I imagine the carpeting will wear out eventually, plus there's the problem with moisture from the top of your shoe seeping under the mat.

There's another thread (http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123813031-Where-to-get-a-Dead-Pedal) on this site that discusses possible solutions to covering the dead pedal - the aluminum plates look really nice but the MacGyver velcro solution would probably work as well.

It's really strange that WeatherTech didn't simply extend the mat to cover the entire dead pedal instead of just the bottom half.

Seraphix
08-08-2012, 12:20 PM

Anybody have any luck finding the Weather Tech liners with the CX-5 logo? Did a bit of looking with no results. Planning on asking my dealer about them.

Jwlj
08-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Pretty sure it's a special thing for Canada.
Send a PM to one of them, see if they can help you out.

Or.... Call WeatherTech?

luvmycx5
08-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey, is there ANY chance we can get a group buy going? Let us say we can guarantee them a massive order they can discount the price? Any suggestions/clues???

luvmycx5
08-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi...can you advise me what website/dealership you used to order these CX5 mats? I cant seem to locate them online. Thanks!

Jwlj
08-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Hi...can you advise me what website/dealership you used to order these CX5 mats? I can't seem to locate them online. Thanks!

Open Road Mazda, in Port Moody BC
1-877-908-9111

They currently have one hell of a deal on their CX-5's.
I actually prefer the Canadian trims over the US.
Oh well :-) Still love my CX-5

Jwlj
08-10-2012, 07:52 AM
You're best bet is to contact one of the canadian users and have them order them for you.

Kyden
09-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread. Was wondering if anyone have any luck tracking down a Canadian dealer that would ship the CX-5 branded WeatherTech mats to the US? Or any luck getting them in the US? Just got my CX-5 two days ago and decided on the WeatherTech, but obviously if I could get the CX-5 branded ones I would prefer those.

mongo2004
10-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread. Was wondering if anyone have any luck tracking down a Canadian dealer that would ship the CX-5 branded WeatherTech mats to the US? Or any luck getting them in the US? Just got my CX-5 two days ago and decided on the WeatherTech, but obviously if I could get the CX-5 branded ones I would prefer those.

Order them directly from Weathertech. Website: www.weathertech.com

They are in the US and they ship to Canada. You do not have to order through your dealers.