Xenon colour?

inodes

:
2012 Mazda CX-5 GT Diesel with Tech Pack
Hi All,

Does anyone have any photos of the Xenon headlights in action (of the light and what the view looks like with the xenon's on low & high).
Anyone know roughly what colour (Kelvin) they are?

Hi All,

Does anyone have any photos of the Xenon headlights in action (of the light and what the view looks like with the xenon's on low & high).
Anyone know roughly what colour (Kelvin) they are?
I've read somewhere that all factory xenons are 4300K

Not sure what the "K" scale means, but they are definitely white and not blue at all. I'll try to snap some either tonight or tomorrow morning on my ridiculously early commute and get them posted morning of the 28th.

Not sure what the "K" scale means, but they are definitely white and not blue at all. I'll try to snap some either tonight or tomorrow morning on my ridiculously early commute and get them posted morning of the 28th.

Here ya go:

colour-temperature.gif

Ah...I feel like an idiot lol..thanks for the info, I haven't seen that scale before.

4300k actually seems kinda 'warm' was hoping theyd be closer to 5k

I like the color to be warm and similar to "normal" headlights. I use xenons to see better not to distinguish my car by making it look like it's owned by some kid who picked a weird color out of a catalog to stand out.

5k is not a 'weird color' its closer to actual daylight giving you more natural vision, it has nothing to do with how they look to others

you're thinking closer to the 7k range those hyperblues and s*** like that do,
i prefer 'daylight' range bulbs than they dirty yellow of halogens (hence why i've been replacing my incandescents at home with daylight cfls, much more natural light than even standard cfls)

Wonder after how many hours it takes for the color shift from 4300k to 5000k. 100hrs?

Rockin oem 4300k xenons during daylight driving. Much brighter piercing light than DRLs and high temp colored bulbs during the daytime. At night these oems put down tons of light on the road but with minimal glare to uncoming traffic. Was going to order 6000k bulbs but these oem 4300k's are growing on me. In one year's time they probaby shift closer to 4500k.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of 4300k.
I personally find that 6000k is a little harsh for me, but it's still a good temp to drive with.

Back