March 18th Delivery to port - When to expect arrival at dealership?

CodyZoom

:
2013 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Package (Sky Blue)
Hello all,

I'm hoping some folks here were also told that their CX-5 arrived in port on the 18th and that they have a better idea when it's supposed to be at the dealership. On March 18th my salesman relayed that the ship arrived in port and they were trying to get the CX-5's out the door first and onto a truck (I was told 1-3 days for that). Does anybody else have any better details on the shipment of those CX-5s? My dealership is in Northern VA.

Last edited:
Some additional questions I forgot to include - What shipping line does Mazda use to transport their vehicles to US/Canada? Actually, any insight into the logistics of getting the vehicle from factory to my driveway would be interesting. I have struggled to find anything on the internet. All searches yield results concerning shipping your personal vehicle on your own vice a manufacturer doing so.

Last edited:
I use to work for a car dealership this is how it worked before and should be the same now.

For Canada the cars are sent by boat to Vancouver, from their they are sent by train to various cities.

The dealer ship will either pick them up in most cases they are delivered. From there depending when you placed your order give it another 2 to 3 days for preparation.

Not sure if this answers your question but u get an idea

Last edited:
Mine came off the boat on the 13th....Dealer (through their rep) said to expect it yesterday....No call, so I'm assuming that was an optimistic timeline...

The car that I have on held is on the mazda.com dealer inventory already..I am wondering why the dealer has not called me to pick it up?? I did go to the dealer the day I saw it on the website but the car wasn't there. Hmmm, anyone has any clue?

It's probably automatic system assigning cars to dealers the moment they arrive stateside and the website reflects it when in fact the car is still in Indiana (or wherever the staging facility is)

It's probably automatic system assigning cars to dealers the moment they arrive stateside and the website reflects it when in fact the car is still in Indiana (or wherever the staging facility is)

Yes...It is often the case that the Manufacturer will add the car to the dealers inventory before it actually shows up..

Latest posts

Back