CX-5 Trunk Cargo Dimensions LxWxH

I thought this might help prospective buyers. These (approximate) dimensions were taken with the rear seats folded down and the rear headrests still attached.

Length (just under rear window to driver's seat back): 5 ft, 6 in
Width (wheel well to wheel well): 3 ft, 8 in
Height (trunk floor to headliner): 2 ft, 6 in

Practical cubic volume: 54.34 cu. ft
Dealer-spec cubic volume: 65.4 cu. ft

The dealer cubic volume probably takes into consideration all of the nooks and crannies that were not measured. With my measurements, you could theoretically fit a rectangular box with the above dimensions in the trunk. Also keep in mind the rear window slants upward, thus reducing your maximum length for taller objects.

Cheers,
Brian

well doesn't look like a 4x8 sheet of plywood will lay flat on the floor. Thanks for the info.

yeah, they fold in a couple different configs because they are 40/20/40, I don't know the specs with the seats down but I'd imagine they would add another 30" or so

Good info, thanks for taking time to measure.

yeah, they fold in a couple different configs because they are 40/20/40, I don't know the specs with the seats down but I'd imagine they would add another 30" or so

This is with driver's seat folded.
Length (just under rear window to driver's seat back): 5 ft, 6 in

I want to know what's the length unfolded. Thanks.

Do the rear seats fold completely flat by chance?
From what I've read, I thought the rear seats in GT fold completely flat. But the first time I tried with JDM low-profile headrests, I found that's not the case.

Back