Just took delivery of CX-5 - Initial impressions

mazdadude

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOM
:
'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hello everybody!

We just took delivery of our Crystal White Pearl CX-5 Touring.

Take a test drive, and you will see what all of the fuss is about...

Driving characteristics, and road handling are simply amazing. Telepathic steering with just a small hint of oversteer.

Superior quality of materials, as well as the excellent overall fit and finish, put this Mazda into a different class.

After a 200 mile drive, sporting around windy, twisty, switchback roads, I can honestly say that the zoom-zoom spirit is alive and well!

(The old FORD Escape based Mazda Tribute will definitely not be missed. Sorry FORD!)

Last edited:
Congrats mazdadude...

While I handed off the CX-5 we bought for our daughter 2 weeks ago after driving it from Denver to Seattle, I have to say I really was quite impressed with it. As you mention, the handling is great. I drove her car for almost 2000mi, and never had any concerns about the acceleration (as others have mentioned). It is not a rocket for sure, but it does just fine from a stop IMO (much better than other 4cyl gassers I have had/driven that could not get out of their own way). I am pretty particular about good take-off (why I drive diesels), and if the gas CX-5 had been lacking, I would not have even considered it. As mazdadude says, just test drive one, and you can form your own opinion.

Regards

Please post some exterior and interior pics!
Thanx

YES! I will do that... Thanks for reminding me!

However, if you are wanting to see a real PHOTOGRAPH, of a particular exterior color, or interior you can do an advanced search on an internet auto classified site like AUTOTRADER and you will find dealers throughout the country who have taken full interior/exterior walk-around photos of the CX-5's in their inventory. I did it this way because sometimes it is hard to get a feel for the true color of the car on the manufacturers website.

Last edited:
However, if you are wanting to see a real PHOTOGRAPH, of a particular exterior color, or interior you can do an advanced search on an internet auto classified site like AUTOTRADER

Best tip of the week! Thanks for this info. Finally get to see what each of the colours looks like side by side.

Back