TomTom accessory Nav kit (Pictures)....>

Modshack

:
CX5 GT
This arrived today along with some Mud flaps! Unfortunately the car won't be here for another week, but what the heck...

Looks like the physical installation oughta take about 10 minutes, then a series of resets to get it recognized at the main screen and good to go. Nice integration Mazda!

Instructions: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-24809172479195/cx5navigation.pdf

IMG_3798-vi.jpg

IMG_3799-vi.jpg

IMG_3800-vi.jpg

Last edited:
guessing it is just a sd card holder?

beers

Seems it's a complete TomTom unit that just uses a remote screen
The SD card is under that front cover and can be removed and updated through TomTom via your Home or laptop computer...Neat

And it fits into the 'storage bin' at the bottom of the center stack? I always thought that that area was a bit awkward. Pens and other stuff don't really fit in there and it's too deep and tall for a coin holder.

Do you lose access to the power outlet after it is installed?

And it fits into the 'storage bin' at the bottom of the center stack? I always thought that that area was a bit awkward. Pens and other stuff don't really fit in there and it's too deep and tall for a coin holder.

Do you lose access to the power outlet after it is installed?

No....It replaces the coin cubby on the lower left side of the dash...

No....It replaces the coin cubby on the lower left side of the dash...

Oh wow! Thanks. Now that I look at the pics again, it is too small to fit in the center. Pretty cool that it can be installed so easily. Looks pretty straightforward. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking.

the SD card doesn't allow for lifetime updates right? I was really on the fence on this one...but considering i already have a garmin with lifetime updates, just didn't seem to make economic sense for me. it is really cool though...

Oh wow! Thanks. Now that I look at the pics again, it is too small to fit in the center. Pretty cool that it can be installed so easily. Looks pretty straightforward. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking.

Yes...Pretty nicely integrated for sure. A little expensive for a TomTom, but cheap for integrated Factory NAV

Got it here: http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx5-cargo-cover.html

$449 free ship

the SD card doesn't allow for lifetime updates right? I was really on the fence on this one...but considering i already have a garmin with lifetime updates, just didn't seem to make economic sense for me. it is really cool though...

First update map is free, future ones are $60 from what I can determine. This is way cheaper than typical Factory NAV updates that charge $200+ per update..

First update map is free, future ones are $60 from what I can determine. This is way cheaper than typical Factory NAV updates that charge $200+ per update..

yea...that's not a bad deal at all...unfortunately for me it's lifetime updates on my garmin...so that's FREE updates for life vs $60 per update

yea...that's not a bad deal at all...unfortunately for me it's lifetime updates on my garmin...so that's FREE updates for life vs $60 per update

I'm still running a Garmin with 5-6 year old maps and it works just fine for most areas. I'm not sure how often the mapping services update their databases, but with the nation's current allergy to updating roads and infrastructure, I'd guess every few years would be fine.. I only use nav for traveling, but if built in like this I'll likely use it more..

I actually have a pretty brisk business selling phone and Nav holders that I designed for Audi A3 and TT's: http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/gadgetts_and_stuff/the_gadgett/

Soooo...I LIKE people using standalone units...:)

Last edited:
I actually have a pretty brisk business selling phone and Nav holders that I designed for Audi A3 and TT's: http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/gadgetts_and_stuff/the_gadgett/

Soooo...I LIKE people using standalone units...:)

Dude!!! That looks frickin' AWESOME!!!! I've actually seen those before, but could never figure out where people got them from!!! think that could ever work with the CX-5? probably not the middle vents, but how about the one on the driver side? ;) i would order it from you in a second! hahah

Dude!!! That looks frickin' AWESOME!!!! I've actually seen those before, but could never figure out where people got them from!!! think that could ever work with the CX-5? probably not the middle vents, but how about the one on the driver side? ;) i would order it from you in a second! hahah

Hey thanks! They really work well with the round pull out vents I designed them around. Not sure on the CX5...I'll look it over when my car gets here!

Kobec...

Came up with a CD slot mount Nav Holder. Haven't tried it in my CX5 yet (not here) but works in my GTI, Honda, and I used the same rig in my corvette, so pretty universal fitment..
I also have parts to adapt an iPhone cradle as well as a universal clamp mount for other phones...

IMG_3812-vi.jpg

IMG_3814-vi.jpg

damn you!!!!

i just ordered a kuda for my gti..

beers

Last edited:
This arrived today along with some Mud flaps! Unfortunately the car won't be here for another week, but what the heck...

Looks like the physical installation oughta take about 10 minutes, then a series of resets to get it recognized at the main screen and good to go. Nice integration Mazda!

Instructions: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-24809172479195/cx5navigation.pdf

IMG_3798-vi.jpg

IMG_3799-vi.jpg

IMG_3800-vi.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures and instructions. It is very easy to install. I pre-read through the instructions twice, and had my wife read each step as I worked. Following the steps exactly, it took us about 15~20 minutes start to finish.

If I were to do it again, I would wear a glove when reaching up underneath the dash to push out the cubby-hole. (Sharp metal under dash)

so i guess the question is, if you get a car with the nav in, and you dont really want it, can you pop it out and sell it to another non-nav cx5 owner for them to use?

so i guess the question is, if you get a car with the nav in, and you dont really want it, can you pop it out and sell it to another non-nav cx5 owner for them to use?

Yes, however, there are two hurdles:

1. You would have a big hole in your dash, and would need to either purchase the pocket, or have the buyer of the nav unit send back their old dash pocket.

and

2. Buyer of Nav unit would have to have the touchscreen radio already installed.

Yes, however, there are two hurdles:

1. You would have a big hole in your dash, and would need to either purchase the pocket, or have the buyer of the nav unit send back their old dash pocket.

and

2. Buyer of Nav unit would have to have the touchscreen radio already installed.

Yeah, and likely the value of the Car with "Factory" Nav exceeds the $350-400 (used) you could sell this for + the replacement coin tray..

This is a great accessory to add in the future. Anyone know if this is/will be available in Canada? Or if the American one would work in Canada with Canadian map updates?

Thanks for the great info.

Back