PDA

View Full Version : Current selling price for CX-5?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

gotodengo
03-03-2012, 03:42 PM
What are you folks paying for your new CX-5's, in relation to MSRP?

I assume demand is far outreaching supply at the moment, and am curious what that's doing to the price.

I ask, primarily, because I have a fairly urgent need for a new vehicle, would like it to be the CX-5, but hate the idea of paying at, or above, MSRP :)

thanks!

Macdaddytn
03-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I picked up my CX-5 for invoice. Another dealer close to where I am is also advertising them at invoice as well....on the flip side another nearby dealer is adding adjusted market value so it pays to shop around.

ben86
03-04-2012, 01:50 AM
I am also in the market for a cx5.... GT w/ tech pack... one dealer wanted $1k over msrp.. I said ill wait until the price goes down.. few days later i emailed him and saying i wanted to pay invoice... he emailed me back saying he cannot but can do $500 over invoice...
I am going to find a dealer until i can pay invoice... be patient and you can get a good price...
Good luck on your pruchase..

kobec
03-04-2012, 05:59 PM
I am also in the market for a cx5.... GT w/ tech pack... one dealer wanted $1k over msrp.. I said ill wait until the price goes down.. few days later i emailed him and saying i wanted to pay invoice... he emailed me back saying he cannot but can do $500 over invoice...
I am going to find a dealer until i can pay invoice... be patient and you can get a good price...
Good luck on your pruchase..

sorry for being ignorant...but paying "invoice" is just another way of saying paying MSRP?

Kornik
03-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Same here, ordered CX-5 yesterday at exact MSRP price. According to various dealers they do not need any incentives, they sell like hot cakes anyway.

ben86
03-04-2012, 08:41 PM
sorry for being ignorant...but paying "invoice" is just another way of saying paying MSRP?

invoice is the price the dealer pays the manufacturer for the car... on the CX-5, there is only $1k difference from the invoice and the msrp..

Macdaddytn
03-04-2012, 09:18 PM
One thing you have to be careful about are dealer fees. Sometimes they will sell the car to you for "invoice" and then tack a $1000 processing fee or doc fee or some other official sounding fee.

Kornik
03-04-2012, 09:48 PM
I had a disagreement with the dealer yesterday who tried to impose quite hefty 'prep/delivery' fee on top of MSRP despite showing me earlier Mazda's price list clearly stating that MSRP covers that.
Granted, this was the first time I'm buying new car in my life, so I wasn't sure if I'm in the right or now but I simply stated 'I agree to pay MSRP plus any state/federal imposed taxes and fees. Not a cent more'. And that's what we signed papers for.

Kornik
03-04-2012, 09:50 PM
invoice is the price the dealer pays the manufacturer for the car... on the CX-5, there is only $1k difference from the invoice and the msrp..
I assume you sell your services/products to your customers at cost as well?

IslandTractor
03-04-2012, 10:29 PM

If you want to pay full MSRP yourself, go ahead. Make the dealers boat payment for him. The typcial dealership does just fine selling for a few bucks over invoice. There are a number of holdbacks and volume incentives that make up the difference so they stay profitable.

Any brand new model is going to be in demand and some dealers will stick with MSRP or even add a premium if they can get away with it. I stay away from those dealers. Wait a few months for the "gotta have right now" crowd to get theirs and you'll be able to land exactly the CX5 of your dreams for a lot less than MSRP. Patience.

ben86
03-04-2012, 10:57 PM

I doubt dealer would sell a car without profit.. the invoice prices are not exact numbers and they also get incentives for selling cars..like dealer hold backs..

inodes
03-05-2012, 09:31 AM
The American system is interesting. What is MSRP? Why does the price vary from that?

System down here in Australia is slightly different I think. The retail price has to be all inclusive by law. This means car + delivery + dealer costs + compulsory insurance + registration + tax.

It's referred to as the drive away price, because you can guarantee that you can walk in, put that amount on the table (no more) and walk away with a full year of registration and compulsory insurance.

With that price as the upper limit, we normally bring dealers down a bit.

The CX-5 is almost non negotiable though. $1000 at best.

That said, if you noted our prices - you probably would be shocked and fall off your seat.
We're jealous of US pricing.

http://www.mazda.com.au/vehicles/cx-5/pricing

Given that we haven't had a recession (last one was 1987 down here) and economy is going gangbusters, the Australian dollar has been very strong - so it should give us very good buying power. Not so in reality.

Bottom model (2WD, Petrol) - $31,478 driveway in my state
Top model (AWD, Diesel, Tech Pack, GT) - $52,716 driveaway in my state

Basically the dollar is effectively identical to USD for the purposes of this illustration.

Kornik
03-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Any brand new model is going to be in demand and some dealers will stick with MSRP or even add a premium if they can get away with it. I stay away from those dealers. Wait a few months for the "gotta have right now" crowd to get theirs and you'll be able to land exactly the CX5 of your dreams for a lot less than MSRP. Patience.
I'd love to wait but I can't. I need second car right now and lucky me, we've chosen CX-5. Bad timing but my other car did not ask when to die :-(

Kornik
03-05-2012, 11:08 AM
The American system is interesting. What is MSRP? Why does the price vary from that?

System down here in Australia is slightly different I think. The retail price has to be all inclusive by law. This means car + delivery + dealer costs + compulsory insurance + registration + tax.
MSRP is manufacturer suggested retail price. Dealer can set it's own price however he pleases to. On top of that you pay sales tax (where aplicable) and title/registration fees. That's all good. What pissed me off yesterday is that the dealer tried to hit me with almost $1000 of different fees (like prep/detailing fee or fuel surcharge, as Mazda apparently forces them to deliver car with full tank) nobody cared to mention up to the point when we started signing papers. I almost walked away at that point.

kobec
03-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I'd love to wait but I can't. I need second car right now and lucky me, we've chosen CX-5. Bad timing but my other car did not ask when to die :-(

Kornik - I know where you're coming from. I'm in the same shoes as you are! :P

kobec
03-05-2012, 11:14 AM
MSRP is manufacturer suggested retail price. Dealer can set it's own price however he pleases to. On top of that you pay sales tax (where aplicable) and title/registration fees. That's all good. What pissed me off yesterday is that the dealer tried to hit me with almost $1000 of different fees (like prep/detailing fee or fuel surcharge, as Mazda apparently forces them to deliver car with full tank) nobody cared to mention up to the point when we started signing papers. I almost walked away at that point.

We've ordered but only put down a small deposit. I'm having those exact worries when I actually have to do my payment on delivery...managed to get $500 off MSRP...and when I had spoken to the sales guy...i specifically said...so...MSRP - $500 = FINAL PRICE..no additional fees or costs...only have to add sales tax which is unavoidable...and he said yes. I hope he stays true to his word.

Kornik
03-07-2012, 05:52 PM
We've ordered but only put down a small deposit. I'm having those exact worries when I actually have to do my payment on delivery...managed to get $500 off MSRP...and when I had spoken to the sales guy...i specifically said...so...MSRP - $500 = FINAL PRICE..no additional fees or costs...only have to add sales tax which is unavoidable...and he said yes. I hope he stays true to his word.
I asked to see the numbers before I put the deposit. Well... within last 3 days it turned out that I can have:
- either the color I want (metro gray) in touring trim but with moonroof package (for hefty additional charge of course)
- or just touring but in color I don't want (silver)
- or the touring in metro gray but for additional $250 delivery fee
- or if I insist on the metro gray touring for the price we agreed on it'll be delivered sometime within next 6 weeks (contrary to Saturday's statement 'by the end of next week)
I kindly asked today to get my deposit back.

kobec
03-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Kornik - sorry to hear about your terrible experience =(

Hopefully I don't end up in the same predicament...so are you headed off to another dealer i'm assuming?

JTNY
03-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Hey all!

I too am looking to buy a CX-5. For the NY folks out there who are or have put orders in - can you give me the dealership you are going to? Or, for those who plan to order perhaps we can work out some kind of 2 for 1 deal thereby making it more enticing for the dealer to take a lower or price at invoice deal. I'm looking to get GT with Tech package and some added options (remote start/backup sensor/ etc). I don't mind waiting 1-3 months if necessary so long as I get the options I want.

LMK!

kobec
03-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Hey all!

I too am looking to buy a CX-5. For the NY folks out there who are or have put orders in - can you give me the dealership you are going to? Or, for those who plan to order perhaps we can work out some kind of 2 for 1 deal thereby making it more enticing for the dealer to take a lower or price at invoice deal. I'm looking to get GT with Tech package and some added options (remote start/backup sensor/ etc). I don't mind waiting 1-3 months if necessary so long as I get the options I want.

LMK!

JTNY - just sent you a PM, let me know!

JTNY
03-07-2012, 09:21 PM
JTNY - just sent you a PM, let me know!

replied! I'll try and call you later tonite!

Kornik
03-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Kornik - sorry to hear about your terrible experience =(
Hopefully I don't end up in the same predicament...so are you headed off to another dealer i'm assuming?
Yes, I went to another dealer and not only I got price below MSRP without asking and with no additional fees (like $30 fuel surcharge for delivery with full tank the first one wanted to get) but he was able to locate few (as in at least three) cars that are already on the semis going our way so he said there is still chance I'll get mine within 3-4 days. As a result I will have a car I want for about $500 less that I was going to and only few days later than I was promised originally. I wish I had gone there in the first place.

Interestingly the new dealer mentioned that he gets a lot of business from my town so it seems like I'm not alone in my opinion about local dealer.

inodes
03-08-2012, 03:20 AM
What pissed me off yesterday is that the dealer tried to hit me with almost $1000 of different fees (like prep/detailing fee or fuel surcharge, as Mazda apparently forces them to deliver car with full tank) nobody cared to mention up to the point when we started signing papers. I almost walked away at that point.

That's exactly why the system was changed in Australia. The additions are set by law and must be strictly adhered to. Dealers must charge the same price, and any taxes and registration fees are set in stone.

It was much better therefore to buy the CX-5 this time around than when I purchased the Mazda 3, 7 years ago.
Back in those days, the prices were set by dealers and you had to play price wars with multiple dealers. I remember walking into 7 dealers and getting prices, then walking out when the price didn't agree with me.

I went to same dealer I bought my 3 from.
Very impressed when the dealer remembered my name, could tell me the colour, year and make of my car.... could even tell me the name of the guy that was with me.
That's service!

When it came to dealing with the price, he started with the published figure and started to take money from his margin - rather than adding to it.
It's a better way to buy.

Kornik
03-08-2012, 09:10 AM
That's exactly why the system was changed in Australia. The additions are set by law and must be strictly adhered to. Dealers must charge the same price, and any taxes and registration fees are set in stone.

It was much better therefore to buy the CX-5 this time around than when I purchased the Mazda 3, 7 years ago.
Back in those days, the prices were set by dealers and you had to play price wars with multiple dealers. I remember walking into 7 dealers and getting prices, then walking out when the price didn't agree with me.

I went to same dealer I bought my 3 from.
Very impressed when the dealer remembered my name, could tell me the colour, year and make of my car.... could even tell me the name of the guy that was with me.
That's service!

When it came to dealing with the price, he started with the published figure and started to take money from his margin - rather than adding to it.
It's a better way to buy.
I do not mind dealers having different prices, I do not mind adding different fees based on their feeling. What I do mind is hitting me with those fees after I signed up. Have I known that difference between the price I was seeing whole day and the price I'll be paying will be north of $1k I would have reconsidered my options. As I've said - I've spent a week at different dealerships and that Mazda dealer was the only one treating clients this way. In every other dealership the price we were talking about was always final net price (plus federal/state taxes and fees but never any dealer fees).

This new dealer behaved like yours - before we even started talking he already presented me with below MSRP price, then assured me there will be no additional fees other than state/federal imposed one and then threw in few extra perks like free oil changes. It can be done if the dealer cares about clients.

kampfire
03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't envy you guys having to barter with the dealer. I'm signing the papers on a White Touring FWD with tech package tonight under my S-Plan. Before Tax/Title/Doc fee/plate its $25,868. The S-plan is nice cause its a set price and is non-negotiable on both side.

Kornik
03-08-2012, 05:35 PM
I don't envy you guys having to barter with the dealer. I'm signing the papers on a White Touring FWD with tech package tonight under my S-Plan. Before Tax/Title/Doc fee/plate its $25,868. The S-plan is nice cause its a set price and is non-negotiable on both side.
What is s-plan? And does your price include $795 delivery fee?

kampfire
03-08-2012, 05:44 PM
What is s-plan? And does your price include $795 delivery fee?

S-Plan is a discount for parts suppliers to Mazda. I''m suppose to pay the dealer invoice which is 25,868 including destination. But now the dealer is saying its 26,244. So I don't know what to believe. Searching the internet I get a couple different numbers.

inodes
03-08-2012, 05:48 PM
It can be done if the dealer cares about clients.

I hope so. There shouldn't be extras after signing.
I'm yet to see my final figure actually.

The first time I went in to put deposit down, the price had not yet been agreed to by Mazda Australia. So the dealer gave me the range they'd provided an indicator.
He charged me the high end of that range, stating that he would change the price to whatever Mazda dictated.

We then worked off that figure taking into account my trade in.

When prices were announced, the dealer called to say that their estimate was close - but $50 too high. Which they deducted.
I then changed my order to include the Tech Pack (which for us is blind spot warn, lane change fatigue warn and auto high beam dimming). That's an agreed $2000 addition, although I think the Mazda price is higher, so we'll see how that is dealt with.

Will see the official price on Saturday :)
But prices here are well above the US after we drive away.

At least we're not in Singapore, where driving away in a CX-5 would be at a $140,000 cost.

kobec
03-08-2012, 06:15 PM
At least we're not in Singapore, where driving away in a CX-5 would be at a $140,000 cost.

Actually it's $160,000 + roughly $50,000 in the COE (Certificate of Entitlement to be able to drive)...so you're looking at over 200k for one...i only know this cos my dad's there and he just went to the dealer there yesterday! Absolutely ridiculous...

wannabe
03-13-2012, 07:39 AM
I wanted to clear up the selling at invoice talk in here.

Theres 3 prices on every car -

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) - What Mazda says the car is worth

Dealer invoice - What Mazda charges the dealer

Factory invoice - What it actually costs Mazda to build it

When Mazda offers incentives to customers, like $500 rebate, etc they typically offer a similar incentive to the dealer to sell it. So, the dealer invoice turns into an MSRP for the dealer. They can sometimes buy them from the factory at Factory invoice, or less, depending on the stock, etc.

inodes
03-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Actually it's $160,000 + roughly $50,000 in the COE (Certificate of Entitlement to be able to drive)...so you're looking at over 200k for one...i only know this cos my dad's there and he just went to the dealer there yesterday! Absolutely ridiculous...

It was a guesstimate.... but what a painful system.

Singapore is one of our next-door neighbours, so I feel for them. A lot of Singaporeans here who complain about their system - but they can still afford it, most certainly.
And they do get an agreed amount back when selling.
I'd still feel ripped off.

Thankfully Japan doesn't have a similar system, because I might end moving back and forth between Japan and Australia, and I'd like to be able to afford what I can here.

inodes
03-13-2012, 09:30 AM

Very clear. Thank you :)
Great insight into the US pricing.

Modshack
03-13-2012, 10:26 AM
S-Plan is a discount for parts suppliers to Mazda. I''m suppose to pay the dealer invoice which is 25,868 including destination. But now the dealer is saying its 26,244. So I don't know what to believe. Searching the internet I get a couple different numbers.

"Dealer Invoice" as reported on Edmunds etc. does not include National and regional advertising association charges that are passed along to the dealer (on the invoice). That's what pays for all the Zoom Zoom ads. It's a real cost to the dealer and part of the invoice. I know the Advertising charge on a Ford invoice is $485 (That's why you see Mike Rowe on the tube so often) so that second number would likely be correct..

kampfire
03-13-2012, 10:32 AM
"Dealer Invoice" as reported on Edmunds etc. does not include National and regional advertising association charges that are passed along to the dealer (on the invoice). That's what pays for all the Zoom Zoom ads. It's a real cost to the dealer and part of the invoice. I know the Advertising charge on a Ford invoice is $485 (That's why you see Mike Rowe on the tube so often) so that second number would likely be correct..

Yea I figured it out. The lower number did not include holdbacks and obviously the dealer is not going to move on those. Both numbers did include the advertising charges however.

mddriver
03-13-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm a new poster but have ben enjoying reading all the CX-5 info on here the past few weeks. Has anyone dealt with a dealer that has "Internet Pricing" on their websites. The dealer I will probably end up at (hoping to buy a Touring model this summer) posts Internet prices of the MSRP minus the Destination charge ($795) and some of their affiliated dealers are posting Internet prices for a few vehicles that end up being below Invoice.

Alacoyote
03-13-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm a new poster but have ben enjoying reading all the CX-5 info on here the past few weeks. Has anyone dealt with a dealer that has "Internet Pricing" on their websites. The dealer I will probably end up at (hoping to buy a Touring model this summer) posts Internet prices of the MSRP minus the Destination charge ($795) and some of their affiliated dealers are posting Internet prices for a few vehicles that end up being below Invoice.

When I first started searching for a CX-5 GT with the exact interior/exterior color combo we wanted, the only one I found anywhere east of the Mississippi was the one we eventually purchased. Part of the reason I jumped on it quickly was because the dealer had it listed with an internet price $1000 below MSRP (including destination charge). Now, the dealer ended up tacking on some of those absurd fees and had already installed some extras (window tint, pinstripe, nitrogen) that I paid a reasonable amount for, but when all was said and done I still walked out the door at just over MSRP. Of course, when the salesman went to his manager, the manager freaked because the CX-5s weren't supposed to be discounted and, sure enough, within a couple of hours the dealer's website had been updated and all of the CX-5s were listed at MSRP. Nevertheless, the dealer honored the discounted price for me (although they still made a reasonable profit when all was said and done).

sussig
03-14-2012, 12:43 AM
i got a dealer quoting me at invoice plus $200. that means dealer's invoice + 200 ? is that a good deal ? this is for the touring model by the way

Theres 3 prices on every car -

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) - What Mazda says the car is worth

Dealer invoice - What Mazda charges the dealer

Factory invoice - What it actually costs Mazda to build it

When Mazda offers incentives to customers, like $500 rebate, etc they typically offer a similar incentive to the dealer to sell it. So, the dealer invoice turns into an MSRP for the dealer. They can sometimes buy them from the factory at Factory invoice, or less, depending on the stock, etc.

Alacoyote
03-14-2012, 07:04 AM
If that's the "out-the-door" price (or everything but tax, tag and title), I think on a vehicle this new with still-limited availability it would be a good price. But have the dealer give you an offer sheet that shows a breakdown of everything plus the bottom-line price to be sure that there aren't other fees or overpriced dealer add-ons.

PhoenixINX
03-14-2012, 08:48 AM
S-Plan here... If you qualify, the dealer will hand you the invoice received from Mazda, and it lists right there what SPLAN pricing is.

Very simply and easy to buy!!!

kobec
03-14-2012, 09:51 AM
S-Plan here... If you qualify, the dealer will hand you the invoice received from Mazda, and it lists right there what SPLAN pricing is.

Very simply and easy to buy!!!

So what price does the S-Plan entitle you to?

kobec
03-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Yea I figured it out. The lower number did not include holdbacks and obviously the dealer is not going to move on those. Both numbers did include the advertising charges however.

So with that price - how much did you save under MSRP if you didn't have the S-Plan?

Kornik
03-14-2012, 12:20 PM
So with that price - how much did you save under MSRP if you didn't have the S-Plan?
Touring FWD with tech package (requires bose/moonroof) MSRP is 27005. So if he pays $26244 it's roughly $800 savings.

kobec
03-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Touring FWD with tech package (requires bose/moonroof) MSRP is 27005. So if he pays $26244 it's roughly $800 savings.

That's not too bad at all!

kampfire
03-14-2012, 01:24 PM

I do have S-plan pricing. Currently the $26,244 is the agreed price after destination minus tax/title/plate. I have a refundable deposit down right now but I'm curious if anyone else has bought under S-plan and came up with a similar number for my options. Touring/Tech/Bose Moonroof/White/FWD. Also MSRP for a white one is $27,205.(Damn special paint charge)

kobec
03-14-2012, 01:51 PM
I do have S-plan pricing. Currently the $26,244 is the agreed price after destination minus tax/title/plate. I have a refundable deposit down right now but I'm curious if anyone else has bought under S-plan and came up with a similar number for my options. Touring/Tech/Bose Moonroof/White/FWD. Also MSRP for a white one is $27,205.(Damn special paint charge)

I found out my cousin works for Caterpillar and can get the S-Plan pricing. However my original pricing was $500 off MSRP a few weeks ago. I've only left a $500 deposit thus far and am picking up the car next Saturday. Called the dealers earlier today and asked if they honored S-Plan pricing (which they do), but didn't mention that I was someone who'd already put in an order. From other forums I've read online, seems like that would be ok since I don't have any contract that mentions the FINAL agreed upon price other than "$500 off MSRP"...and so hoping I can swing the S-Plan when I go next week. *crossing fingers*

Kornik
03-14-2012, 05:10 PM
It is not, but it's not that great either :-) I got $500 off MSRP just by calling another dealer. And considering what the first one wanted to charge me on top of MSRP I'm well within the same savings. I have paid about $1000 less for my CX-5 last Saturday that I would have to pay if I stayed with first dealer.

PhoenixINX
03-14-2012, 06:45 PM
So what price does the S-Plan entitle you to?

Invoice + Destination Fee + National Advertising Fee

The only negotiable item on the table is the dealer doc fee, which is a number they set.

yetti96
03-14-2012, 10:52 PM
So who want to give an S plan PIN out to a future CX-5 owner :) Worth a shot at least.

sussig
03-15-2012, 12:13 AM
quotes from dealer

so 1st quote is $400 over invoice and seems like 2nd quote with tech package is a better deal ?

Your 2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring Automatic:
Total MSRP: $24,690.00
Your Net Price: $24,005.00 + Fees

Your 2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring Automatic:
+ Moonroof/Bose Package: $1,130.00
+ Technology Package: $1,185.00
Total MSRP: $27,005.00
Your Net Price: $26,066.00 + Fees

swoope
03-15-2012, 04:54 AM
ok,

really invoice is what the dealers are charged on paper. what dealers really pay for a car is about 1k less..

it is called holdback and lots of other stuff is involved. dont really think in the long run what the actual cost on the car is know. depends on how long it sits on the lot, how fast the model is selling and a few other different things.. i got a 2010 mazdaspeed 3 in the middle of 2010 for 1500 below invoice. plus tax title and license.. right place right time..

i am interested in a cx5. but will wait till the overpaying is over.

beers

sussig
03-16-2012, 11:29 PM
anyone know if invoice on touring is actually 24,000 per quote i got from the dealer or $23,647 per edmund.com ? dealer said they can show the paperwork to support $24,000 and duno how edmunds.com got that figure.

or per swoope...their cost may be $23,000 ?

if i could get a splan pin code, would i be able to get an even better deal ?

black7lotus
03-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey all!

LMK!

I'm looking to pick up a CX-5 in the next few months. Like you, I want specific options. I'm on long island.

JTNY
03-17-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm looking to pick up a CX-5 in the next few months. Like you, I want specific options. I'm on long island.

Depending on your options I'd wait or order one to your liking. I'm thinking of getting a Pearl White GT with AWD, remote start, trailer hitch and back up sensors. It's cheaper (labor wise) to order one and have the accessories installed at the port as opposed to the dealer.

black7lotus
03-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Depending on your options I'd wait or order one to your liking. I'm thinking of getting a Pearl White GT with AWD, remote start, trailer hitch and back up sensors. It's cheaper (labor wise) to order one and have the accessories installed at the port as opposed to the dealer.

That's the exact model and color i want. I actually want the Sand Interior. I don't need the trailer hitch, but want basically every other option down to the wheel locks. If I'm not mistaken, they plan to introduce other options like bumper guards and roof racks. I'd probably want it all to drive off the lot but I'd be interested in the amount of savings by installing accessories afterwords. Also, they wouldn't be exactly the same, right (i.e. Navigation)?

Mpls
03-27-2012, 08:26 AM
For those living in Minnesota. Took ownership last week from Minnesota, USA Mazda dealership - "best price model". 2013 CX-5 Touring, AWD, Moonroof/Bose, Tech. Total MSRP including delivery, processing and handling fee of $795 = $28,255.

Minus Costco Auto Pricing that worked out to be $500 less than their "best price" + Minus $500 Auto Show rebate (ends March 31st!) = $27,204

I think that might be below invoice.

udayse
03-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks for post Mpls. I am from the cities area too (Apple Valley,mn), have been thinking about this car. Would love to hear about your mpg experiences and driving the highway accelerating from 40-65mph. IM me if you dont want to post.

Thanks again.

Mpls
03-27-2012, 08:54 PM
udayse, running hard on city traffic 20 miles RT commute and sort of seeing what it can do... 24 mpg. 300 miles on the odo. supposed to run it up and down no cruise for the first 600 miles. runs fine at that speed range. passing cars are not a problem but you do have to expect pressing the accelerator, a slight delay, higher rev as it shifts, then all good. that's my experience. compared to my 1999 vw passat v6 it doesn't have the power of course but it's been more fun to drive - go figure. i took a tight turn at a higher speed than you should and just before it settled into the curve, just as i leaned it into the curve, the wheels hopped a bit, no lie. not sure what that means but again i was pushing it a bit since it's been fun to drive. hope that helps. BTW not all the dealerships gave me that pricing in the twin cities. i had to go east near white bear... not sure what the rules are on this board about naming dealers though.

wish there was more info about the cx-5 awd and snow...

udayse
03-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Hi Mpls,
Thanks for the info. I know the dealer you are talking about. I have been eyeing their inventory. Kinda sad about the delay in shifts. I know its minor, but still.. Its not like a fly by wire thing.
Uday

TorCX5(6spdM)
03-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Received my CX-5 GX FWD (6 sp manual) with convenience package on 3/26/2012. It took 2.5 weeks to arrive. I love it so far as it offers the best combination I was looking for - room for family, handling, fuel economy, excellent value. I was able to negotiate about $1,000 off the MSRP. Incl. all taxes fees etc, I paid about $30K. Good thing my CIBC Driver's Edge Card will give me about $5K in redeemed rewards.

iverson589
03-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Got my cx-5 gt w/ tech package this week. Got $2400 off msrp plus all weather mats thrown in. Not sure why i got this deal but i think they wanted to get the car out of their lot. It was not a demo though, it had 11 km on it.

stromdriver
04-04-2012, 10:41 AM
getting my metro grey awd touring, with bose and tech, splash guards, cargo cover and 'wrap' extended warranty (bumper-bumper brought up to 5/60 all else the same) for 29,397 before trade in and cash money down etc

cletustu
04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
My first Mazda. It's a company car. My company requires > 25 mpg combined and the vehicle must be under $30k. This severely limits SUV choices. I have a German Shepherd, Husky Mix, and a baby. We like to do road trips up to 15 hours. I needed a car with large cargo space. In the end I looked at the CX-5 and the Jetta TDI Sportwagen. The CX-5 won due to the abundant options available on the grand touring + tech package.

Here's the skinny:

Silver Mica CX-5 Grand Touring FWD w/ technology package and OEM dealer installed roof rack rails + cross bars.
$29,267 not including tax.
This includes the vehicle plus destination fee and $541 atlanta marketing fees as well as a $299.99 dealer documentation/service charge fee. I believe it's a bit under invoice. They were willing to drop $300 auto show price on Monday on top of this, but my company couldn't execute the purchase in time.

MSRP is $29,165 plus the $299.99 dealer fee and the rack + bars are about $450 retail.

So the max I could have paid was $29,914.99.

tanner32
04-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Attention NYers: I went to Orange Motors in Albany! Matt was fabulous; and mine was under MSRP...Touring, FWD, base; $23,850. This was all in; delivery and all...nothing additional at the end; exactly what I wanted. Another dealer was $2,300 more.

If your in FL: stay away from Lakeland Mazda; they jacked my price that was supposedly "firm" the day before I was to take possession.

sami1228
04-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Anyone from Canada who bought the GS trim? If so how much did you end up paying?

Buger
04-09-2012, 11:31 PM
I just got a silver CX-5 sport w/manual transmission (no extra options) today for $22,707 out the door. $1284 of that was due to the 6% sales tax. I had 2 other dealers who would at give me at least an out the door price within $100 of that but went with the only dealer that had a sport manual in stock.

It seems 99% of the dealer orders are for the automatic version. It's too bad as the manual is geared to be both faster and is quite a bit better with the EPA fuel economy also. We only wish there were more options for the sport w/manual though.

Buger
04-09-2012, 11:38 PM
So who want to give an S plan PIN out to a future CX-5 owner :) Worth a shot at least.

If you go to the Mazda website regarding the S-plan, you will see it is not on the list of eligible vehicles. You can still get S-plan / invoice pricing at the dealers discretion though (if you ensure there is competition for your business)

With S-plan or X-plan, you are supposed to have proof of your membership which qualifies you for the plan also. :)

yetti96
04-10-2012, 08:26 AM
If you go to the Mazda website regarding the S-plan, you will see it is not on the list of eligible vehicles. You can still get S-plan / invoice pricing at the dealers discretion though (if you ensure there is competition for your business)

With S-plan or X-plan, you are supposed to have proof of your membership which qualifies you for the plan also. :)

Thanks, I tried and multiple dealers tried to play dumb when asking about S plan pricing. I got more than my trade was worth to me so it was existentially like getting money off IMO.

smithsm1984
04-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Tried to buy a CX-5 today but the dealer was dumping all over me. 349/month 39 month lease on a Sport w/manual and no money down. Their "compromise" was 325/month 48 months with 500 down.

Pretty bad deal, so I walked out. Another dealer was willing to offer me 300/month with 0 down a month before. But they sold their manual. Even that deal is not great, but it's reasonable for a vehicle currently selling at MSRP.

I think some Mazda dealers are being pretty bold because of supply. So far I haven't visited a dealer with more than 6 on the lot, and most have 2 or 3.

mddriver
04-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Too bad you are on the west coast. My local dealer is showing a 36 month lease for a Sport for $289 a month on their website, and he has two on his lot, both AWD. Not sure of the other lease conditions. They show a total of 10 CX-5's on the lot and have had as many as 14. I counted 9 of them when I was there Sunday. They are afilliated with a big group of dealers around Baltimore which include two other Mazda dealers and have about 20 CX-5's between them. Each of the other dealers have a MT Sport listed with Internet prices about $1000 below MSRP. The same lease may apply to all of the Sports. Most of their models are listed on line with Internet Prices just over invoice. Not sure yet what their add ons will be, but I'll find out when I'm closer to buying this summer.

Buger
04-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Tried to buy a CX-5 today but the dealer was dumping all over me. 349/month 39 month lease on a Sport w/manual and no money down. Their "compromise" was 325/month 48 months with 500 down.

Pretty bad deal, so I walked out. Another dealer was willing to offer me 300/month with 0 down a month before. But they sold their manual. Even that deal is not great, but it's reasonable for a vehicle currently selling at MSRP.

I think some Mazda dealers are being pretty bold because of supply. So far I haven't visited a dealer with more than 6 on the lot, and most have 2 or 3.

I've never leased a car before but the main thing to get the best price in anything is to have several businesses compete for your money. I got my CX-5 sport manual at invoice and got my LA fitness membership for $300 for the first year, 156 every year after just by using leverage and being willing to walk away.

drmoll2011
04-12-2012, 11:45 PM
We got ours at invoice, well below the regional TMV according to Edmunds. The transmission makes a funny noise that we discovered on our final test drive (it goes away when the engine is warm; I can't even hear it when I'm driving under normal circumstances with the AC or something running and the radio at normal volume), so we told the dealer they had to waive the "administration fee" for us to buy. We bought the Sport Manual; I have a feeling you will be able to negotiate on these much more easily than the ritzier models.

sami1228
04-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Got my Black CX-5 GS Trim today... it's a beauty!!!

PEJD
04-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Anyone from Canada who bought the GS trim? If so how much did you end up paying?
$30,905 + gst - AWD GS

tabasko
04-14-2012, 07:47 AM
I know this is pretty off (territorially), but just for comparison here are the prices in Serbia:
(we have 4 trimm levels, but dealers are not even ordering the base trim (steel wheels, plastic steering wheel, 4 speakers...I'd say our 4 levels would be roughly equivalent to your Base, Touring, Tech, and Grand Touring)

6 MT
2.0 petrol FWD - 23,300 - 27,300 eur
2.0 petrol AWD - 25,100 - 29,100
2.2 diesel FWD - 26,000 - 30,000
2.2 diesel AWD - 27,800 - 31,300 eur.

All of these are available with AT, which is a 1,800 eur option. Moonroof and navigation are also optional extras.

RCASC
04-14-2012, 12:47 PM

RCASC
04-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Sorry

I left out my information completely.

We're getting a red GS - 2WD (FWD) for a total cost of $34,436.57 (minus the $98.20 licence fee that was added by mistake).

smithsm1984
04-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I purchased a Mazda CX-5 Sport manual in liquid silver yesterday. Price was $21199. They would not go lower than that (as I mentioned, supply remain tight here) but they gave me a decent deal on the trade to make up for it. So it landed smack dab in the middle of the out-the-door price I wanted to pay. Very exciting!

Lando
04-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Congrats Smithsm1984,

Did you buy through Ron Tonkin in Portland? If so, you got a better deal than they offered me through Costco. I was given a price of $21400 which is only $90 off the MSRP. They claimed that their agreement with Costco was $500 over invoice. That was fine, just not enough to get me to move on it now. Did you get the 0.9 financing?

So what's going to be the first accessory? Congratulations again.

smithsm1984
04-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Yep, it was Ron Tonkin.

They told me their agreement was $300 over invoice (whistle). I knew it was all smoke and mirrors because their invoice price was high anyone ($20899 vs. the $20500 listed on KBB). But they were the only one offering below MSRP and they beat everyone else on my trade by over a grand, so it was still the best deal.

I did not go with 0.9% financing. That's only on a 36-month loan AFAIK. I wanted to finance through my credit union anyway.

First accessory will probably be a boring cargo net so I can fill the back to capacity when I go camping.

kimchei6
04-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Guess I was lucky to get my S-Plan pricing. Got my Pearl White GT AWD with Tech package for 29,650. Bought mine at Koeppel Mazda in Queens New York. Guys there were great. Would recommend them to anyone in NYC area

Buger
04-17-2012, 12:20 AM
I purchased a Mazda CX-5 Sport manual in liquid silver yesterday. Price was $21199. They would not go lower than that (as I mentioned, supply remain tight here) but they gave me a decent deal on the trade to make up for it. So it landed smack dab in the middle of the out-the-door price I wanted to pay. Very exciting!

The dealer invoice price for the CX-5 sport 6MT is $20589 ($19794+$795 destination) + a regional marketing assessment. In Georgia, the marketing assessment is $413 so the total dealer invoice in GA seems to be $21002. Another dealer internet manager confirmed the same to me regarding the invoice price in GA.

I got my liquid silver CX-5 sport 6MT $200 below invoice for $20802 + $1284 (6% tax) +$599 dealer fee, +$22 title/tag = $22707

I got the $200 taken off invoice since all the dealer fees in the Duluth/Satellite Blvd area are all set at $599 while some other dealers I talked with were at $379 or $499. It was actually a great experience to get all the price quotes in email and phone before even going back to a dealership to sign the paperwork. I probably could have gotten the same price from 2 other dealerships but the other 2 would have had to order it since they didn't have a 6mt on the lot.

We love driving it and a guy actually stopped next to us after dropping our daughter off at a birthday party on Saturday and asked us if it was the CX-5. He said he was going to a dealership later that day as his dad was buying a one also. I still haven't seen another one on the road besides ours yet though.

Buger
04-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Yep, it was Ron Tonkin.

They told me their agreement was $300 over invoice (whistle). I knew it was all smoke and mirrors because their invoice price was high anyone ($20899 vs. the $20500 listed on KBB). But they were the only one offering below MSRP and they beat everyone else on my trade by over a grand, so it was still the best deal.

I did not go with 0.9% financing. That's only on a 36-month loan AFAIK. I wanted to finance through my credit union anyway.

First accessory will probably be a boring cargo net so I can fill the back to capacity when I go camping.

The price they gave you may very well have been $300 over their invoice due to some marketing assessment charges. They probably make a little off the back end from holdback charges and other things though. We're thinking about getting the retractable cargo cover and homelink rear view mirror at some point for our first official accessories.

JordanLindsay
04-17-2012, 02:14 AM
I am curious how the 2013 CX5 is going to price with some age. What will a slightly used CX5 go for in 2014 or 2015? I simply can't afford the vehicle right now but after a few years I'm sure the resale will allow people like me to take over a great 2013 with a more practical price tag.

hollis
04-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Purchased 2013 CX-5 SPORT 6MT 3/29/2012

Price: $20,751 out the door
negotiated via email
got some $200 rebate included in above price
no additional accessories
no sales tax in NH
price included all marketing and got the dealer fees waived.
They even gave us a full tank of gas (some dealers wont), no dealer decal on car, and got the 0.9% financing (yes it was available in March in the system)

We got the Silver, would have gotten the white or blue or even red but I can live with the silver

JTNY
04-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Who did you deal with at Koeppel? I am looking to buy from them too.

Guess I was lucky to get my S-Plan pricing. Got my Pearl White GT AWD with Tech package for 29,650. Bought mine at Koeppel Mazda in Queens New York. Guys there were great. Would recommend them to anyone in NYC area

gverrault
04-17-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm test driving a CX-5 Touring and Grand Touring this weekend. I'm leaning towards the Grand Touring since we plan to keep the car for a long time and I figure I should get what I want now so I will be happy with it for the long term. The dealer near me was nice enough to provide the S Plan pricing for both the Touring and Grand Touring so I figured I would post it here for you guys.

Touring FWD $24,288
Touring AWD $25,217
Grand Touring FWD $27,239
Grand Touring AWD $28,275

Prices are in US Dollars and do not include tax, tag, and doc fees.

JTNY
04-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Strange, the GT AWD price seems to be the same price (MSRP) as what is posted on Mazda's site which $28,295 ?

I'm test driving a CX-5 Touring and Grand Touring this weekend. I'm leaning towards the Grand Touring since we plan to keep the car for a long time and I figure I should get what I want now so I will be happy with it for the long term. The dealer near me was nice enough to provide the S Plan pricing for both the Touring and Grand Touring so I figured I would post it here for you guys.

Touring FWD $24,288
Touring AWD $25,217
Grand Touring FWD $27,239
Grand Touring AWD $28,275

Prices are in US Dollars and do not include tax, tag, and doc fees.

nizzy1115
04-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Got edmunds trade value for my trade and paid sticker for the cx-5 (23,295) sport auto with the bluetooth/touchscreen. Had them throw tints ($300), auto dimming homelink mirror (250 + labor) and rubber cargo mat.

Demand on these is very high in my area, all are selling within a day or two of arrival and many are already spoken for.

SEP120
04-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Is this a good deal for a basic Touring?

Price: $25017 (MSRP:$25940)
Dealer fee & title,registration::$575
Tax:6.85%=$1713.66

OTD price:$27305.66

Only 2 dealerships nearby. They are very firm as sales are hot for CX-5. Wonder if I should wait until demand goes down.

plemieux
04-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Is this a good deal for a basic Touring?

Price: $25017 (MSRP:$25940)
Dealer fee & title,registration::$575
Tax:6.85%=$1713.66

OTD price:$27305.66

Only 2 dealerships nearby. They are very firm as sales are hot for CX-5. Wonder if I should wait until demand goes down.

$25940 is the MSRP on the Mazda website including Destination. See if they can do anything on that $575 dealer fee, or see if they will knock $500 off the sticker price. I mean least they can do is say "No."

kimchei6
04-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Who did you deal with at Koeppel? I am looking to buy from them too.

Dealth with Luis Espinal. Nice guy and worked with me on lot of things to make the deal happen. I'm sure he can help you as well. Everyone there was really nice and stayed late for me to finish my paperwork

gverrault
04-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Just did the paperwork for my black awd touring today. Price came out to 24647 for the car plus 610 tax, 489 dealer fee, and 75 dollar tag fee. We also paid 1200 to have the dealer add leather.

Lando
04-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Check out this Base Manual on ad at Maita Sacramento. http://www.maitamazda.com/promotions.cfm?catID=200

A base manual in Metro Gray for $19988.

hollis
04-26-2012, 05:20 PM
the ad has a * for a reason. $1999 in cash or trade in to get that price... avoid these guys

Lando
04-26-2012, 06:04 PM
the ad has a * for a reason. $1999 in cash or trade in to get that price... avoid these guys

I have been waiting to buy a CX5 until I make the move to Oregon from Northern California since buying in Oregon will save me $1500 in sales tax. So when I saw this deal at $1500 off MSRP, I jumped. I checked this out yesterday with the intention of driving it home. The deal is legit and you can get the 0.9% financing and the $19988 price. The required cash or trade pertains to the lease only and did not apply to a purchase.

I had taken the same CX5 for a test drive about 3 weeks ago and noticed a slight, but definite resistance of the transmission to shift into 4th gear. I test drove again yesterday to reconfirm making many shifts from 3rd to 4th and 5th to 4th. The resistance was still there and very noticeable when upshifting and I found it unacceptable. As someone else responded in an earlier post, it may be a linkage adjustment problem. It didn't matter to me what was causing the problem, I will continue to look for one with a smoother shifting transmission. The trouble is, the manuals are getting scarce. I have found one in Oregon and a couple in the Seattle / Tacoma area. Hopefully they will be bringing more in, because I want a manual.

medic705
04-27-2012, 07:12 AM
I have a White GT AWD with tech package on order. The dealer wanted $42,600 (all taxes included) and I paid $38,100. Unfortunately I also have to wait 4-6 weeks for it to come in.

hollis
04-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Lando, congrads then! My Sport 6MT had some hesitation going into 4th gear, but after 1000miles its now smooth on all gears. Might be a break-in thing.

Lando
04-27-2012, 08:43 AM
My Sport 6MT had some hesitation going into 4th gear, but after 1000miles its now smooth on all gears. Might be a break-in thing.

That's good to hear. I thought it might smooth out, but I wanted to keep looking for one that was better right off the lot. My 2001 Miata was the same way. After about 2000 miles, the tranny found its groove and all was good.

How is your gas mileage with the MT so far?

hollis
04-27-2012, 11:21 AM
How is your gas mileage with the MT so far?

I have exactly 37.3 MPG according to the on-board computer. good portion hwy at 65mph and rural roads at 40mph

I did test drive a different 6MT when I way looking, it had the same exact feeling, so I think its designed/mfg that way. Hated the dark gray.... decided to go silver route instead.. would much rather had the sky blue or even red, but silver has grown on me.

Lando
04-27-2012, 12:53 PM
decided to go silver route instead..silver has grown on me.

Yeah, I am leaning towards the silver now too since I cannot get the white pearl in the base. Originally of the three choices for the base, I wanted Metro Gray. I guess my spouse will make the final decision.

deema
04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm looking to buy Liquid Silver CX-5 GT+Tech Package within a week. The MSRP (per mazdausa.com) is $30,415 including $795 of the destination charge.

I'm in San Jose, California, and am likely to go to Oak Tree Mazda here. How much should I expect to pay? What are they going to try and upsell me on?

nizzy1115
04-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Read the thread. Most dealers are pushing MSRP due to the cars popularity. Price depends on many factors like trade etc. Usually they will lower the price of the new car to make the deal look better but lower what they give on the trade.

geocord
04-30-2012, 03:00 PM
These things are flying off the lots. My local Mazda dealer got 4 in last Tuesday and by Friday afternoon they were all sold. Don't expect a lot of discount as the dealers just don't have to. Hey, we expect em to discount heavy when they have a lot so I guess it's only fair they charge as much as they can when they only have a few and demand is high.

Crucial
05-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Just bought a Black on Black GT for $26595+ $795 for destination = $27390. No options except wheel locks. My wife and I love it!

nizzy1115
05-02-2012, 03:53 PM
These things are flying off the lots. My local Mazda dealer got 4 in last Tuesday and by Friday afternoon they were all sold. Don't expect a lot of discount as the dealers just don't have to. Hey, we expect em to discount heavy when they have a lot so I guess it's only fair they charge as much as they can when they only have a few and demand is high.

Theres not a ton of markeup on these cars from mazda like there are from other manufacturers. You will get a bit better deal but not a whole lot.

CX-SV
05-02-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm looking to buy Liquid Silver CX-5 GT+Tech Package within a week. The MSRP (per mazdausa.com) is $30,415 including $795 of the destination charge.

I'm in San Jose, California, and am likely to go to Oak Tree Mazda here. How much should I expect to pay? What are they going to try and upsell me on?

Sorry, as of today it's sold.

bamirault
05-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Just bought a Black on Black GT for $26595+ $795 for destination = $27390. No options except wheel locks. My wife and I love it!

Nova:

If you're located in Nova Scotia I would appreciate the details of the purchase and the name of the vendor, as that is a super deal for a GT with Tech in Canada and I would like to beat my own dealer over the head with this information during my purchase negotiations.

Brian

b.min
05-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi guys,

I bought my CX-5 sport 6MT liqiud silver at around $21870 OTD. This includes 6% Michigan tax and $190 dealer document fee, so I think I paid ~$20400 for the vehicle. I think manual version was little easier to deal than auto ones. It's been only a week but I absolutely love the car!

Brian

respy78
05-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Hi everyone,

I bought my CX-5 in early April, but just joined Mazdas247 last night. I paid $23,846.00 for the AWD Touring with no extra options or accessories. This price included destination but not TTL (which was about $1100.00 in this case). The MSRP on my CX-5 was $25,940.00. My local dealer listed $23,846.00 on the dealership's website. After the test drive, I knew the CX-5 would be my next car (just didn't know when that purchase would be). I wanted to trade my '05 Corolla CE w/ 80k miles, but thought they would offer a low-ball trade allowance. According to NaDA, Edmunds and kbb, the car would be worth $6,000-$6,500 as a trade in. When the dealer offered a $7,000 trade allowance, I jumped on it. Now I'm loving my CX-5!

Hope this helps.

Crucial
05-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Nova:

If you're located in Nova Scotia I would appreciate the details of the purchase and the name of the vendor, as that is a super deal for a GT with Tech in Canada and I would like to beat my own dealer over the head with this information during my purchase negotiations.

Brian

NOVA = Northern Virginia, US

Sorry for the confusion!

kenzhunt
05-03-2012, 11:40 AM
I have been working with a dealer and they are only willing to come down $200. I have checked other locations and none have the CX-5 model and color I want. Are others finding that to be the case or should I hold out for another dealer and see if I can get a better deal? $200 doesn't seem like much and the salesman is telling me that these are in high demand and they don't have to discount.
Thanks

nizzy1115
05-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Most dealers are saying this. They have no incentive to give it to you for cheaper than that because someone will walk in a few hours later and buy it for more.

rmac
05-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone, I just ordered my sky blue GT with tech package. I was only able to get about $300.00 off but got them to throw in all weather mats, door visors,cargo mat, cargo cover and mud flaps. I was told that this will be a factory order (due to short supply of this color and package combination) and most likely won't arrive until August. Hopefully it won't take that long.

udayse
05-06-2012, 11:44 PM
I was able to get 300$ over the SPLAN pricing. Some sort of agreement with the credit union. I am wondering if this is a good deal? Its a CX-5 GT, red + black interior, GT tech package, Remote engine start for tech for $30315, MSRP was $30940. I am just curious if I'd benefit better going through costco or sams.

udayse
05-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Is anyone getting any discounts on this vehicle? Could you please post your experiences? True car now states they are going for higher than MSRP???

Banana_Boy
05-13-2012, 08:29 PM
We just purchased a GS model (Canadian mid-level trim) and I was able to get $900 off MSRP plus the grad discount for a total of $1400 off MSRP.

Its apparently at port in Vancouver, not sure how long it will take to get to Kitchener, Ontario.

Lando
05-14-2012, 12:03 AM
I had a quote today on a base manual for $20,899. That would be $599 off MSRP. Sorry, make that $591 off MSRP. That sounds pretty good to me.

c7scayman
05-14-2012, 03:21 PM
The only thing holding me back from buying one is the fact that the manual transmission is only FWD and does not come in Blue.

I want a 6 speed manual AWD Blue CX-5.

da_yorks
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
I paid 29408 for a white/pearl AWD on Saturday.

CX-SV
05-15-2012, 04:12 PM
I paid 29408 for a white/pearl AWD on Saturday.

Versus MSRP of what $ amount?

Any options (like tech package or cargo cover) ?

da_yorks
05-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech package only. MSRP was 30615. My price was 200 over dealer cost.

1ba67
05-16-2012, 10:12 PM
I ordered my black mica AWD Grand Touring on April 12 for $28,128. MSRP was $29,090 I was told 2 to 4 months before delivery.

NoSuchSol
05-17-2012, 12:31 AM
New to the family - Picked up a Liquid Silver Touring w/ no extras for approx 200.00 above invoice. If I was patient, I could have gotten under invoice by a few bucks based on the deals they have, but finding a Touring without the bose/moonroof isn't that easy. The Costco Auto Program set me up with a dealer that would have sold it for 400.00 above invoice and would have included the 500.00 bonus for being a Mazda owner

EDIT: I want to be a little more clear now that I've looked over the paperwork again. When we originally did the talks, I was 20,700 cash + 5500.00 trade-in. That puts the total at 26,200.00 - right at what invoice + tax,title,registration would have been based on the DMV calculator. On my paperwork, they put the trade in as 5700.00 for a total of 26,400.00. I guess it made it work better for them?

doughboy52
05-18-2012, 07:08 PM
I stopped in a dealer today and they claimed Mazda will be bumping up the MSRP by $800 in about 2 months, and they did that with the 3 by $400 last year. They said the price is lower for a few months to keep them moving and then they bump it up. Anyone know if this type of thing is true, or were they just blowing smoke (conveniently, I told them I'd be looking to buy in about 2 months)?

NoSuchSol
05-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Don't worry about it too much - check out http://www.truecar.com/ <- You can find out factory invoice, dealer invoice, true price, and MSRP on any care based on how they've been selling. You can also pick all the items that you want + incentives, if there are any. I used that to base my bottom line.

jeebusm3
05-24-2012, 02:35 PM
just picked up a 6 speed manual CX-5 Sport for $20,399. We got invoice price - $500 customer loyalty cash back.

nizzy1115
05-24-2012, 02:38 PM
just picked up a 6 speed manual CX-5 Sport for $20,399. We got invoice price - $500 customer loyalty cash back.

Cool congrats!

OJsButler
05-24-2012, 05:13 PM
I paid about the same... I got a sport m/t for $20,080 + dealer fee + sales tax = $20,800 out the door.
There was no trade involved, as I sold my car already on craigslist. There was no loyalty cashback last month when I bought.
The first time we talked numbers at the dealer, he wanted my car plus $4k (my Fusion was worth about $21.5k).
After a few weeks we got down to my Fusion+$3k, then ultimately $2,500.
By selling the Fusion myself, I was able to actually put money in my pocket after buying the CX-5.
It takes a lot of work to get the dealer down below invoice (yes, there is profit for them built-in to the invoice price).
I checked inventory online to see who had a CX-5 Sport m/t in stock.
I called other dealers within a 3 hr drive from me, and started a bidding war between them. When I got a price below invoice from one, I called my local dealer and gave him a chance to beat them (and save me a trip). Only then was he willing to make it happen.
It helped that I had bought from them before.

udayse
05-25-2012, 03:03 PM
OJsButler I shop just like you do, but dealers here in MN, dont seem to budge one bit. They call it their "final/best/internet" price and arent willing to negotiate. True car says market average for this region is above msrp. I dont get that. I am not sure why they are being so stubborn.

bamirault
05-26-2012, 07:50 AM
In Ottawa, e-mailed bid request to all four city Mazda dealers this past Tuesday with assurance I would accept bids until end-of-business yesterday, review on weekend, and purchase from best offer Monday. Request included specific GT interior/exterior colour combination, as well as required options/accessories. Got responses from three. Lowest bid was 2844$ off list. Will visit that dealer Monday morning. The approach guaranteed to yield lowest price? Apparently not as a Toronto poster did 1200$ better than I. Still, the last time I negotiated a new car purchase was for my current vehicle in the fall of 1998 - and I wasn't going to do THAT again!

Brian

h_forthofer
05-27-2012, 09:10 PM
I bought a sky blue GT with the tech package, all weather mats, roof rack, wheel locks, cargo net and rear bumper guard. MSRP was $31,110, I paid $30,500. I had to wait almost 4 weeks for it to get here, have had it for 2 weeks now and I am absolutely LOVING it!

bamirault
05-28-2012, 11:50 PM
I signed a purchase agreement today. The drive away price (less license) is 39424.39 for a red GT with sand interior. Included in this total is Tech Package, winter liners, carpet mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, mud guards front and rear, rear bumper guard, trailer hitch and harness and touch-up pen. This is 2922.25 below MSRP. This is NOT the best deal realized by a Canadian poster to this thread, but was accomplished by requesting email bids from all local dealers while eliminating negotiation. It was painless. Requires factory order and delivery is expected in 10-12 weeks.

Brian

Water
05-29-2012, 01:48 AM
I signed a purchase agreement today. The drive away price (less license) is 39424.39 for a red GT with sand interior. Included in this total is Tech Package, winter liners, carpet mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, mud guards front and rear, rear bumper guard, trailer hitch and harness and touch-up pen. This is 2922.25 below MSRP. This is NOT the best deal realized by a Canadian poster to this thread, but was accomplished by requesting email bids from all local dealers while eliminating negotiation. It was painless. Requires factory order and delivery is expected in 10-12 weeks.

Brian

this is very very good deal. how did you manage to get so many accessories, I only able to get 2-3 items by going to dealer directly and they won't budge. =(
how do you do the online bidding? and which side of Canada you from? I have got to learn from you man for my family's next car =(

bamirault
05-29-2012, 07:21 AM
this is very very good deal. how did you manage to get so many accessories, I only able to get 2-3 items by going to dealer directly and they won't budge. =(
how do you do the online bidding? and which side of Canada you from? I have got to learn from you man for my family's next car =(

Firstly, according to this thread, you CAN get a better deal (at least in Toronto) through negotiation with a dealer. This is not the money-best route to go; but I am a terrible negotiator. To work this, you need to call all of the dealers in your city (four in Ottawa) to get e-mail contact information for sales. You then identify all of the desired particulars and generate a letter like that below and send it to all dealers.

Request for Bids

I am requesting bids for the purchase of a 2013 Mazda CX-5 GT. Bids must include an itemized breakdown of all elements included in the bid total. The bid total must represent a "drive away" price including but not limited to the costs of options, accessories, registration, plating, dealer's fees, all federal and provincial taxes and levies, and any associated labour costs.

Additionally, the bid must include the amount of the deposit required, its acceptable payment method, and a reasonable rather than optimistic delivery date. Note that this is a cash purchase which does not require financing. The bid will include and identify any dealer or manufacturer purchase incentives (such as free scheduled maintenance). I am current owner of a 2010 MX-5, VIN JM1NCxxxxxxxxxxxx.

This request for bids is being e-mailed to all Mazda dealers within the Ottawa City Limit. Bids will be accepted by e-mail until end-of-business Friday, May 25, 2012. They will be reviewed over the following weekend and a winner contacted Monday, May 28. The lowest package bid will be deemed winner. In the event of the winner subsequently identifying costs in addition to those included in the bid, the purchase process will cease and the next lowest bidder will be contacted.
In the event that any respondent expresses an interest in the disposition of the vehicle this purchase is replacing (see "Replaced Vehicle" below) then the awarding of the bid will be delayed so that any dealer can have the opportunity to assess the condition of the replaced vehicle. Disinterest in purchase of the replaced vehicle does not eliminate a bid from consideration.

The New Purchase
� Vehicle: 2013 Mazda CX-5
� Trim: GT
� Exterior Colour: ZEAL RED MICA
� Interior Colour: SAND LEATHER
� Packages: TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
� Options and accessories:
o Floor trays
o Floor mats � carpet
o Cargo tray
o Cargo cover
o Mud flaps � front
o Mud flaps � rear
o Touch-up paint pen
o Rear bumper guard
o Trailer hitch (complete)
o Trailer light adapter
Replaced Vehicle

I have a 1999 Volvo S70. This car has 180,000 km, dealer maintenance records, manual transmission, is in good condition, rust-free, and with a leather interior also clean and in good condition. I have a current private offer of X,XXX$. If you believe it unlikely to be worth more to your dealership, then please do not consider this vehicle as part of your bid.

Questions can be e-mailed to me, Brian Amirault, at xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.ca

Note that I have no way of telling what accessories were "throw in", as I received bottom-line bids. Thus there may have been "free" carpet mats and some other accessory at a discount; although it is only the bottom line that counts. As for the bid responses. I had previously dealt with a salesman at my local dealer after first making clear my purchase strategy with which he had no problem. When after a test drive I assured him that this is the car and I would be generating a bid letter, he complained that this is unfair to him as he had invested time - possibly to no end. I never received from him a response to my bid. A second dealer responded with a bid of nearly full MSRP but a rider that if I bring in my lowest bid he would beat it by 500$. I could have saved an additional 500$ taking up this offer and changing the rules of the competition to the disadvantage of the other participants, but I thought this bid did not speak well to the dealer's opinion of my integrity or their own. I replied that the bid did not follow the rules, my ethics would not allow me to take advantage of the offer, and they were disqualified. The remaining two dealers submitted legitimate bids; both below MSRP and with a 600$ spread. I took the lower and arranged to go through the purchase process on the Monday afternoon. With the agreement signed I notified the other responders of the outcome, but not the value of the winning bid.

I have no idea if this approach will work in all markets and I do know that you CAN do better face-to-face. I also know that I can't. The amount I was able to reduce the MSRP by is still better than a poke in the eye with a pointed stick.

Brian

Water
05-30-2012, 02:47 AM
Firstly, according to this thread, you CAN get a better deal (at least in Toronto) through negotiation with a dealer. This is not the money-best route to go; but I am a terrible negotiator. To work this, you need to call all of the dealers in your city (four in Ottawa) to get e-mail contact information for sales. You then identify all of the desired particulars and generate a letter like that below and send it to all dealers.

Request for Bids

I am requesting bids for the purchase of a 2013 Mazda CX-5 GT. Bids must include an itemized breakdown of all elements included in the bid total. The bid total must represent a "drive away" price including but not limited to the costs of options, accessories, registration, plating, dealer's fees, all federal and provincial taxes and levies, and any associated labour costs.

Additionally, the bid must include the amount of the deposit required, its acceptable payment method, and a reasonable rather than optimistic delivery date. Note that this is a cash purchase which does not require financing. The bid will include and identify any dealer or manufacturer purchase incentives (such as free scheduled maintenance). I am current owner of a 2010 MX-5, VIN JM1NCxxxxxxxxxxxx.

This request for bids is being e-mailed to all Mazda dealers within the Ottawa City Limit. Bids will be accepted by e-mail until end-of-business Friday, May 25, 2012. They will be reviewed over the following weekend and a winner contacted Monday, May 28. The lowest package bid will be deemed winner. In the event of the winner subsequently identifying costs in addition to those included in the bid, the purchase process will cease and the next lowest bidder will be contacted.
In the event that any respondent expresses an interest in the disposition of the vehicle this purchase is replacing (see "Replaced Vehicle" below) then the awarding of the bid will be delayed so that any dealer can have the opportunity to assess the condition of the replaced vehicle. Disinterest in purchase of the replaced vehicle does not eliminate a bid from consideration.

The New Purchase
� Vehicle: 2013 Mazda CX-5
� Trim: GT
� Exterior Colour: ZEAL RED MICA
� Interior Colour: SAND LEATHER
� Packages: TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
� Options and accessories:
o Floor trays
o Floor mats � carpet
o Cargo tray
o Cargo cover
o Mud flaps � front
o Mud flaps � rear
o Touch-up paint pen
o Rear bumper guard
o Trailer hitch (complete)
o Trailer light adapter
Replaced Vehicle

I have a 1999 Volvo S70. This car has 180,000 km, dealer maintenance records, manual transmission, is in good condition, rust-free, and with a leather interior also clean and in good condition. I have a current private offer of X,XXX$. If you believe it unlikely to be worth more to your dealership, then please do not consider this vehicle as part of your bid.

Questions can be e-mailed to me, Brian Amirault, at xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.ca

Note that I have no way of telling what accessories were "throw in", as I received bottom-line bids. Thus there may have been "free" carpet mats and some other accessory at a discount; although it is only the bottom line that counts. As for the bid responses. I had previously dealt with a salesman at my local dealer after first making clear my purchase strategy with which he had no problem. When after a test drive I assured him that this is the car and I would be generating a bid letter, he complained that this is unfair to him as he had invested time - possibly to no end. I never received from him a response to my bid. A second dealer responded with a bid of nearly full MSRP but a rider that if I bring in my lowest bid he would beat it by 500$. I could have saved an additional 500$ taking up this offer and changing the rules of the competition to the disadvantage of the other participants, but I thought this bid did not speak well to the dealer's opinion of my integrity or their own. I replied that the bid did not follow the rules, my ethics would not allow me to take advantage of the offer, and they were disqualified. The remaining two dealers submitted legitimate bids; both below MSRP and with a 600$ spread. I took the lower and arranged to go through the purchase process on the Monday afternoon. With the agreement signed I notified the other responders of the outcome, but not the value of the winning bid.

I have no idea if this approach will work in all markets and I do know that you CAN do better face-to-face. I also know that I can't. The amount I was able to reduce the MSRP by is still better than a poke in the eye with a pointed stick.

Brian

Hi Brian, this is a good idea so you don't need to feel pressure by dealership =(
so I am not sure if I understood the whole thing, so you mean you get a total discount of $2922 below MSRP, but you are not sure which of the accessories that you mentioned will be included "Tech Package, winter liners, carpet mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, mud guards front and rear, rear bumper guard, trailer hitch and harness and touch-up pen" correct? that's still a better deal though I think most of them don't budge much more than 500-700 dollars =(
So would even stick with sticker prices.

bamirault
05-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Water:

To be clear ('cause I don't think I was) the total savings was over the drive away MSRP cost including tax savings realized by a reduced retail price. The bottom line number did not have a breakdown of prices charged for individual accessories. Based on the "Build and Price" on the Mazda Canada website, another way to interpret the figures is to say that the car was offered with the Tech Package at 1000$ off and the named accessories were included at no extra cost. I get the accessories on my list included for that price.

The point of the exercise was to avoid dealer pressure until after the lowest available single-pass number was known. I had done my research. I did have a test drive. I had settled on the CX-5 as my next family hauler. Even if the numbers had been higher I would have selected the lowest bid and made the purchase; merely spent more money. The success of the process still depends on the willingness of local vendors to enter into it, and the integrity of the buyer evidenced by a willingness to see the process to conclusion regardless of the bids received. I would have done better by taking the lowest bid to the dealer offering to beat the lowest by 500$ rather than making a reasonable bid of his own. I may have done better by taking my business to a larger retail center like Toronto. The former would have been dishonest, while the latter would have failed to support local business.

You're damned if you do...

Brian

stromdriver
05-30-2012, 08:17 AM
just went with the wife yesterday to buy her cx5 (sky blue fwd to my metro grey awd)

they really weren't budging from sticker other than our $500 loyalty
they barely keep the cars on the lot a week apparently and only get half a dozen or so at a time, so they weren't as eager to deal as when i bought mine almost 2 months ago, but they found that there was on the boat assigned to their inventory that was what the wife was looking for so they didn't have to search around
eventually got them to come $250 off sticker plus deals on accessories, the final tally was

sky blue touring fwd
bose/moonroof
tech pack
splash guards (installed)
cargo tray (heavy rubber one)
cargo cover
window vent visors (un-installed)
$26745 plus tax/tags/fees before the 'loyalty' discount and down payment, no trade in

so its on the boat, due into port jersey on the 14th, so hopefully have it about a week after that
i remember someone somewhere on here saying they could track their cars progress online, i asked the salesperson and she gave me that confused head tilt look
so does anyone know how you go about that? i like our dealer but they're a lil slow on the communication front and we need to time the cx5's pickup well so we can take the wifes old junker to a friend we're selling it too

Zeal Red
06-01-2012, 09:23 PM
I was quoted 27858 for a Zeal Red CX5 FWD GT with Tech Package. That does not include T+T and T. That price was made up of the S-Plan and 500 dollars loyalty.

mr.fusion
06-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Local dealer is not discounting the CX-5 currently and I don't expect many dealers would right now. My dealer doesn't hit you with outrageous fees however, which is how others have thought they were getting a big discount.... only to have that amount added back to the deal in the form of hundred$ in "dealer fees", etc. Also, my local dealer is not trying to mark up above MSRP as some are doing, so they are simply being fair for a hot selling 2013 while still in the 2012 model year.

Because I do business with this particular dealer, I did get mine for pretty close to invoice price... $500 below MSRP. That only leaves the dealer about 300 and change above their cost. But they would not have given me the $500 off if I didn't have some connections there. If I didn't snag it when I did, it might have lasted a day or two at most. Two red ones came off the truck the day I looked at mine and they were both gone a couple days later.

Mine was a Touring FWD AT, MSRP $24,690 -$500 and -$500 loyalty = $23,690 plus $99 fee and TTL (around $1475) so the total out the door with 5% tax was just over $25k

Zeal Red
06-02-2012, 07:30 PM
23690 is within 90 of dealer cost, 300 under invoice. Nice deal!

nyctravis
06-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Yesterday bought a Touring with moonroof/bose package, MSRP of $27,070, got it for $26,660 ($410 less than MSRP).

Zeal Red
06-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Touring with moonroof/bose MSRP is 25820. Is the 26,660 OTD price?

nyctravis
06-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Touring with moonroof/bose MSRP is 25820. Is the 26,660 OTD price?

Not sure where you're getting 25820 from. Touring with moonroof/bose total MSRP is 27070 everywhere and every time I check. Unless the gods are out to get me! :)

edit: just realized I didn't specify the AWD. That would have helped if I said that before! :)

nycx5
06-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Got a FWD Touring with Moonroof Bose package/ Technology Package with wheel locks, MSRP of $27,060, paid $26,254 for it........

JTNY
06-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Purchased my AWD/GT/Pearl Paint/Tech package for $29,650 before TTL using S-Plan.

Zeal Red
06-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Not sure where you're getting 25820 from. Touring with moonroof/bose total MSRP is 27070 everywhere and every time I check. Unless the gods are out to get me! :)

edit: just realized I didn't specify the AWD. That would have helped if I said that before! :)

That makes more sense.

Zeal Red
06-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Got a FWD Touring with Moonroof Bose package/ Technology Package with wheel locks, MSRP of $27,060, paid $26,254 for it........

Was that OTD price?

Gorge girl
06-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Finally the dealer got one in, they have been flying off the lots in the pnw! Went with Costco pricing. 300 over invoice no hassle price, plus 500 discount Mazda loyalty = $200 under invoice for white cx-5 GT AWD with tech. Loving the car so far!

QueenBee
06-12-2012, 12:32 AM
This thread is really depressing me because I paid a "premium" for my CXmt sport, $300 above MSRP! Well, I had done my research and went in there perfectly willing to pay the MSRP since the "true car" market eval was a bit over MSRP. They came out with some ridiculous numbers like nearly $2000 above MSRP and $1450 for dealer prep??? and $1200 for roof rails and crossbars installed! I guess at first glance I look like a real moron to these guys. Well I wasn't even in the mood to waste anymore of my time after that and had the kids loaded back in the car to leave (I had traveled 120 miles out of state to test drive the CX-5) when they accepted my offer + $100 I just didn't think it was worth quibbling over since I needed a car and this was the last CX-5 within a 300 mile radius. I'm happy with the deal since they got me 1.9 financing and even beat my credit union, but boy would I have loved to have a big ol' bargain driving man with me to sit down with those vultures!

Macksma
06-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Just picked up a stormy blue FWD touring with tech/bose pkgs for invoice! $26,066 + TTL ($28175 OTD in CA.). I had been checking Mazdausa.com for this configuration for weeks in either stormy blue or zeal red. I originally discounted the dark blue because of the sand interior, but then saw it and actually liked the dark/light mix. My first Mazda and my first light interior. I started with Costco pricing that was $400 over invoice, then checked with USAA pricing (it randomly changes). Another dealer showed their price for USAA at invoice and the dealer who had the stormy blue agreed to match it, they weren't even an USAA/Zag dealer!

P.S. Thanks to everyone for all the info on this site, I've been reading it weekly to keep up to date.

alistair7
06-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Is there Anyone here in florida??

alistair7
06-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Is there N.E body else here in Florida??

safoo
06-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Mazda of Elk Grove gives a coupon book to buyers. If you have a "$200 new car coupon for friends" would be a great help for me. PM me if you have one. Thanks.

speedtrader
06-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi ya'll. New to the forum. I had to order my CX-5 because I wanted a manual. It took 6 weeks. At the time I put a deposit down with 2 different dealers. One dealer was able to get it in 2 weeks before the other. I purchased my CX-5 Sport MT w/fog lights, cargo cover, and rear bumper guard in April at MSRP. They were selling them so fast that they didn't budge one cent. However, they gave me a great deal on the trade.

Lando
06-18-2012, 10:43 AM
$20,996 Sport Manual, Liquid Silver, Dennis Dillon Mazda, Boise, Idaho. 34.9 mpg on 330 mile drive home!

EricF
06-19-2012, 12:42 PM
FWD Touring with moonroof/bose for $25011 before tax and license. Sticker was $25820.

War Eagle Mazda
06-19-2012, 12:44 PM
in Jax

Gio26NJ
06-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Bought mine 2 weeks ago $200 off MSRP for about $30,200 (Grand Touring, AWD, Tech Package). Add in $300 for dealer fees, there's no limit to what these scumbags are allowed to charge in NJ in NY max is like $200 in NJ they can tack on $1000 if they'd like. I am very happy so far but I haven't even hit a 100 miles yet lol

by-you
06-19-2012, 04:45 PM
I got a quote from a dealer about 90 miles from me for $24511 FWD Touring w/roof+bose before tax, title, etc. Add the tech pack and I was told around $26K. So far this is the best and there are two other dealers closer that are not budging. Now I just need to see what they will do for my CX7.

safoo
06-19-2012, 05:31 PM
I got a quote from a dealer about 90 miles from me for $24511 FWD Touring w/roof+bose before tax, title, etc. Add the tech pack and I was told around $26K. So far this is the best and there are two other dealers closer that are not budging. Now I just need to see what they will do for my CX7.

Does that include the destination charge? If so, it's 1300 off sticker and would be a great deal...

by-you
06-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Does that include the destination charge? If so, it's 1300 off sticker and would be a great deal...

The email states does not include dealer installed accessories, tax, license, or doc fees. Would that fall under doc fees?

safoo
06-19-2012, 08:50 PM
The email states does not include dealer installed accessories, tax, license, or doc fees. Would that fall under doc fees?

It's usually already included in the sticker price. Have them give you an Out-The-Door price with each line item listed separately.

Aviboy97
06-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Bought mine 2 weeks ago $200 off MSRP for about $30,200 (Grand Touring, AWD, Tech Package). Add in $300 for dealer fees, there's no limit to what these scumbags are allowed to charge in NJ in NY max is like $200 in NJ they can tack on $1000 if they'd like. I am very happy so far but I haven't even hit a 100 miles yet lol

Where in Jersey did you buy? I'm in CT.

JTNY
06-20-2012, 05:25 PM
I have a Pearl White GT w/tech purchased thru S-Plan and it was $29,600. I added the rear privacy screen and wheel looks and my OTD was about $32.3k (registered in NY)
What was your OTD?

mobd
06-20-2012, 10:56 PM
I bought CX5 Touring Model with Bose package and Tech package... total was $28,250. I think I paid pretty much invoice, but I went through USAA and the dealership searched and found my vehicle in the next state (Louisiana), traded for it and brought it to me in the next state over (Alabama). I have no complaints. It's getting 29 MPG right now and I love it!

Gio26NJ
06-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Where in Jersey did you buy? I'm in CT.

I got mine at Open Road Mazda located on Rt 18 in East Brunswick,NJ. But if you're thinking of coming down here to buy make sure you call the dealers to see their inventory beforehand, there are not that many GT's around in NJ at the moment.

Gio26NJ
06-21-2012, 11:21 AM
I have a Pearl White GT w/tech purchased thru S-Plan and it was $29,600. I added the rear privacy screen and wheel looks and my OTD was about $32.3k (registered in NY)
What was your OTD?

$29,600 is great, by rear privacy screen do you mean the tints in the back windows? that's standard on the GT the dealer cannot have charged you extra for that it's manufactured like that. If you're talking about something else then disregard my sentence. My OTD was $32,758 exactly. I paid the tax, title dealer fees with cash instead of rolling it into the loan to avoid the extra interest. You saved $500 and got more stuff including the Crystal Pearl paint which cost extra I believe damn man, what dealer did you buy yours from?

Gio26NJ
06-21-2012, 11:25 AM
By the way anyone thinking of doing financing should either go to Chase (if you have a personal checking account with them as it lowers your rate) or go through PNC Bank who gave me a great rate. Avoid Bank of America and them forcing you to put 20% down and adding on $200 documentation fee which is basically a short application. That's total BS.

I opted for 6 year financing with a slightly higher interest rate but I'm planning to pay it off after the 5th year anyways, god willing lol this way my monthly payments wouldn't be something crazy over $500 or whatever a month.

JTNY
06-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Got mine at Smith Cairns Mazda in Yonkers NY. The privacy screen is that roll out thing that covers your trunk so ppl can't see what you have in the back.
I didn't think about paying the dealer fee's seperately but I did the 3 years 0.9% financing deal so it wouldn't have mattered much.

$29,600 is great, by rear privacy screen do you mean the tints in the back windows? that's standard on the GT the dealer cannot have charged you extra for that it's manufactured like that. If you're talking about something else then disregard my sentence. My OTD was $32,758 exactly. I paid the tax, title dealer fees with cash instead of rolling it into the loan to avoid the extra interest. You saved $500 and got more stuff including the Crystal Pearl paint which cost extra I believe damn man, what dealer did you buy yours from?

james_95
06-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I found the CX-5 I want and we've been going back and forth on the price...he laughed when I first asked for $500 off the sticker. The best we got to was $150 off but I think if I REALLY pushed I could get him to $200. After thinking about it I threw out a deal of...I'll pay full sticker and you throw in the factory hitch (which I would have bought anyways, or maybe the Curt) and a full tank of gas, I know, it's the little things. He came back asking for $50 saying the hitch costs him almost $250 - I said no and he said ok. So if we're going straight off the sticker prices I got $425 off since that's the msrp on the hitch, or I got $200-$250 (plus gas) off the dealers price, either way...what do you guys think, good deal?

I'm wrapping the deal up tonight.

nyctravis
06-21-2012, 10:54 PM
I think if you're happy with the deal then that's what matters. I thought all new cars came with a full tank of gas, but I could be wrong. Many people are having to pay very close or at MSRP so it sounds like you were able to negotiate something in between that everyone is happy with. Otherwise it sounds like you're all set! Enjoy. :)

StackH
06-22-2012, 04:17 AM
Just thought I'd chip in with some UK pricing. A CX-5 with the 175PS diesel engine in the Sport Nav AWD spec with the safety pack (not sure what the US equivalent spec is) works out at about $43,100...

Vorret
06-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi,

New poster here and will also be my first time buying a new car...
I'm in Canada about an hour from Montreal, only one Mazda dealer in town (I can reach at least 7-8 more dealers by driving +- 45 minutes).

I want the GS Model which ends up being $34,555.74 all included (according to the Mazda website).

What can I negociate in that price? I 'll need a trailer hitch, winter mats, winter tires, I guess mud flats... car don't come with them anymore?!?)

I don't know what else is really needed and I don't know where to start!

edit:
Also, the financing rate is 3.99%, what are the chance I can lower that ?

barnak
06-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi (bonjour) Vorret!
I just bought my CX5-GS last week (delivery supposed to be in august) and what can I say is you won't be able to negociate much! The only thing I got is a good price for my exchange car and a cost price for winter tire. Maybe you will have a good price on accesssories but not on the car itself. The financing rate is Mazda Canada rate; I don't think you can negociate it either.

Vorret
06-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Merci :)

You got rims with the tires or only the tires?
How much are they? I have tiny 14 tires on my GF's Corolla so it's really inexpensive.

It's too bad for the interest rate.
And holy crap, delivery in August? Did you ask for something very specific or there's none available in Quebec?

soobaerodude
06-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Picked up a CX-5 Sport 6MT with the S-Plan. Came out to 20,899 before TTL. Seems like this is the least hassle way to get less than MSRP at the moment. It's pretty easy to get an S-Plan cert if you have a "friend"

barnak
06-22-2012, 07:16 PM
There's near nothing available in Qubec! I'm waiting for a blue or red GS without any extra accessories!
Tires was 150$ each without rim (I didnt buy them right now because I was not sure of market prices). I found similar at canadian tire for 230$ each! Much more than 14"...!! Will look at costco next time I go there.

soobaerodude : prices in Canada are always highter than US! Maybe if you have a "friend" or if your a better trader than me, but without stock, dealer is not much trading!

EricF
06-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Guys, If you are costco members, you can get the CX5 for $300 over invoice all day long. S-plan is at invoice, so you save the extra $300 if you know someone.

EricF
06-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Just thought I'd chip in with some UK pricing. A CX-5 with the 175PS diesel engine in the Sport Nav AWD spec with the safety pack (not sure what the US equivalent spec is) works out at about $43,100...

$43k?! I don't think the CX is worth $30k, let alone $40+! What do BMW's go for up there??

EricF
06-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi,

New poster here and will also be my first time buying a new car...
I'm in Canada about an hour from Montreal, only one Mazda dealer in town (I can reach at least 7-8 more dealers by driving +- 45 minutes).

I want the GS Model which ends up being $34,555.74 all included (according to the Mazda website).

What can I negociate in that price? I 'll need a trailer hitch, winter mats, winter tires, I guess mud flats... car don't come with them anymore?!?)

I don't know what else is really needed and I don't know where to start!

edit:
Also, the financing rate is 3.99%, what are the chance I can lower that ?

Shop around on the finance rate. We got 2.9% for a 5yr loan. Mazda also has the 0.9% for 3 years, but you could use your money to make up more than the 2% difference in other areas usually.

mr.fusion
06-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Not all dealers are on the Costco plan, but it's a good way to buy a CX5 if your dealer is on that list. Keep in mind that there isn't a lot of markup from invoice to msrp, but right now anyway, $300 over invoice is a good deal on a CX5.

mddriver
06-25-2012, 12:58 PM
What kind of experience has anyone had using other buying services? I have access to AutoSMART through my credit union and AAA has a program that is "powered" by TrueCar. Has anyone else used either of these?

nyctravis
06-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Some report good experiences with Costco. I used ConsumerReports and really liked it, gave me a good starting place and I knew what the invoice, etc was to start negotiation with.

Macksma
06-25-2012, 01:46 PM
What kind of experience has anyone had using other buying services? I have access to AutoSMART through my credit union and AAA has a program that is "powered" by TrueCar. Has anyone else used either of these?

I think the TrueCar/Zag cost thing just depends on what your closest dealers are offering as far as price reductions. I used USAA which uses Zag and the three dealers that came up had quite a difference in prices they were asking. One was only offering $200 off and another was offering at invoice. Up to that week I purchased, the prices varied but the most usually was closer to $200 off sticker. I was going to use Costco and had already talked to the dealer when I checked USAA again and got a better price (which they matched). I would definitely check any programs you can to see if there are differences in prices.

P.S. Some dealers will take Costco/Zag pricing even if they aren't one of those dealers, so if the vehicle you want is at another dealer, ask them. I had two dealers who weren't (one wasn't Costco, another wasn't Zag) and both said they'd match the price, then one backed out when the next shipment came in and said they weren't offering anything other than sticker price.

safoo
06-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Picked up a Silver Touring with no options except roof rack. Tried to get a rear cargo cover included but they wouldn't budge. Got it for $300 off sticker. Includes a 10yr/100K powertrain warranty. They bought/traded the car from another dealer 125 miles away and did not charge me for pickup. I think it was a reasonable deal.

soobaerodude
06-25-2012, 05:37 PM
There's also CarWoo (http://carwoo.com/) . They get dealers to bid against each other in an anonymous auction. If I didn't have the Mazda S-Plan, I would've given this a shot. They do charge upfront, BTW

StackH
06-26-2012, 03:57 AM
$43k?! I don't think the CX is worth $30k, let alone $40+! What do BMW's go for up there??
For a BMW X6 SUV, cheapest in the range is around $73K list price. The cheapest Ford Kuga SUV is around $34K list. Bear in mind that neither of these will have anywhere near the spec of the CX-5 (e.g. adding navigation to the Kuga adds $2K, parking sensors another $700).

We pay a lot for cars here, not helped by the 20% purchase tax. And running costs aren't cheap either, diesel is around $8 a gallon and the first year road tax for the CX-5 is around $275.

PurplMyst
06-26-2012, 05:30 PM
purchased mine on 6/17 in Northern CA. Liquid silver sport, manual transmission. $21,490 invoice (w/destination fee) with rear bumper guard, cargo mat, floor mats, and wheel locks at no extra charge. Paid about $650 additional for cargo cover & had dealer install fog lights.

The vehicle I bought was on their lot for less than a week. There was also a Metro Gray manual when I went in to buy. Last weekend I went in & picked it up after the fog lights were installed & the Metro Gray is already gone too!

safoo
06-26-2012, 05:57 PM
purchased mine on 6/17 in Northern CA. Liquid silver sport, manual transmission. $21,490 invoice (w/destination fee) with rear bumper guard, cargo mat, floor mats, and wheel locks at no extra charge. Paid about $650 additional for cargo cover & had dealer install fog lights.

The vehicle I bought was on their lot for less than a week. There was also a Metro Gray manual when I went in to buy. Last weekend I went in & picked it up after the fog lights were installed & the Metro Gray is already gone too!

So you paid invoice? Pretty good with all the accessories...Which dealer was this and did you go through any Costco/Truecar program?

KKD79
06-26-2012, 07:22 PM
What's your dealer and car salesman?

Just picked up a stormy blue FWD touring with tech/bose pkgs for invoice! $26,066 + TTL ($28175 OTD in CA.). I had been checking Mazdausa.com for this configuration for weeks in either stormy blue or zeal red. I originally discounted the dark blue because of the sand interior, but then saw it and actually liked the dark/light mix. My first Mazda and my first light interior. I started with Costco pricing that was $400 over invoice, then checked with USAA pricing (it randomly changes). Another dealer showed their price for USAA at invoice and the dealer who had the stormy blue agreed to match it, they weren't even an USAA/Zag dealer!

P.S. Thanks to everyone for all the info on this site, I've been reading it weekly to keep up to date.

PurplMyst
06-26-2012, 10:27 PM
So you paid invoice? Pretty good with all the accessories...Which dealer was this and did you go through any Costco/Truecar program?

Whoops! I paid MSRP (not invoice) of $21,490. And that was from the dealer in Dublin, CA.

Macksma
06-27-2012, 01:05 AM
What's your dealer and car salesman?

Mazda of Escondido and Barb Shev.

soobaerodude
06-27-2012, 01:12 AM

Heh, I'm the one who picked up the Metro Gray Sport 6MT from Dublin last week!

safoo
06-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Whoops! I paid MSRP (not invoice) of $21,490. And that was from the dealer in Dublin, CA.

I live in Dublin. The dealership is 1/2 mile from my place. I did 3 test drives there but did not like the service from the sales guys there. I ended up buying from Elk Grove Mazda and had a pleasant experience every step. Their standard internet price is $300 off MSRP and every car includes a 10yr/100K powertrain warranty.

But the fact you got the accessories is still pretty good. I was trying to get a rear cargo cover thrown in but they wouldn't budge.

jaman_ca
06-27-2012, 08:08 AM
In the Toronto area. Deal is not finalized but probably will be this weekend.

It's the GX (or "Sport" in the USA) with 6-spd manual. It's as basic as they come, including the steel wheels (to be replaced soon with after-market). With all taxes and fees it works out to $28K. That's ~$550 off the MSRP and includes tint for ~$200. We are also getting the cargo cover (~$250) included at no-charge.

The freight and PDI at $1895 and taxes of 13% (on-top of everything, even the damn freight) are really killing the total price. The discounted price of the car prior to any fees/taxes works out to ~$22,450.

Vorret
06-27-2012, 08:31 AM
In the Toronto area. Deal is not finalized but probably will be this weekend.

It's the GX (or "Sport" in the USA) with 6-spd manual. It's as basic as they come, including the steel wheels (to be replaced soon with after-market). With all taxes and fees it works out to $28K. That's ~$550 off the MSRP and includes tint for ~$200. We are also getting the cargo cover (~$250) included at no-charge.

The freight and PDI at $1895 and taxes of 13% (on-top of everything, even the damn freight) are really killing the total price. The discounted price of the car prior to any fees/taxes works out to ~$22,450.

I know right... same stuff in Quebec (but worse).
I'm so jealous of people in Alberta and their 5% sales tax :P

I asked in the picture thread what the monochrome radio looked like, is it the same as the color but black and white?

jaman_ca
06-27-2012, 01:34 PM
I know right... same stuff in Quebec (but worse).
I'm so jealous of people in Alberta and their 5% sales tax :P

I asked in the picture thread what the monochrome radio looked like, is it the same as the color but black and white?

I think the display is redish colour and the screen is much narrower than the upper model. I grabbed this off the net and think it's what I'll be getting.195391

SilverBulletES
06-27-2012, 03:34 PM
The sport interior is perfect to me except I'd leather wrap the wheel and get a leather shift knob.

jaman_ca
06-27-2012, 10:17 PM
The sport interior is perfect to me except I'd leather wrap the wheel and get a leather shift knob.

Yes, just like the Protege5! That's one thing I'll miss about it.

jcrew626
07-02-2012, 12:20 PM
My CX-5, I bought in Ontario, included:

GS FWD
Pearl White Colour
Wheel Locks
Cargo Cover
7 Yr / 160,000 km Extended Warranty

After taxes, fees and licensing was $34154. The purchase agreement shows me at a $2600 discount from MSRP, but the extended warranty was listed as $100 below retail and the cargo cover was free which would mean my real discount was almost $3K.

I traded in my 2003 Protege5 and got $2000 cash back for it as well. So my real discount of ~$3K is probably reduced by $1.5K since the Dealership could probably sell my Protege5 for ~$3.5K. I could have gotten a better deal if I had squeezed them some more, but I was happy with the deal regardless. The best deals are where everyone walks away happy. Of course, I turned down their up sell offers such as undercoating, rust proofing, VIN etching, etc. and i refused to accept any additional costs such as Admin fees.

I waited until there was a sale on at a Dealership - the best is when they advertise on the Radio or T.V. or newspaper because they've probably spent $10K and have to recoup that expense by hitting sales targets so they'll be more motivated to reduce the price to make the sale. this usually happens when they need to clear out inventory like the end of the month/quarter/first half/year. Dealerships try to make you feel like they're doing you a favour by giving any discount, but you can always negotiate a better deal if you reverse it and make them feel like you're doing them a favour (which is the truth).

Next time I buy a car, instead of asking for a discount from the MSRP, i'm simply going to demand that they give me the full retail value of my trade-in (i.e. whatever the car is going on sale for at the time on auto trader) plus at least $2K more. This will avoid the hassle of negotiating down from MSRP, instead it'll force the Dealerships to try to negotiate up from my offer (and of course, I don't move from my offer).

Wheelie
07-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Because of new tax regulations in Holland, the price of the CX-5 is at the 1 of July € 1.000 higher.
We got ours 3 weeks ago !

Gr. Karl

jaman_ca
07-03-2012, 08:57 AM
My CX-5, I bought in Ontario, included:

GS FWD
Pearl White Colour
Wheel Locks
Cargo Cover
7 Yr / 160,000 km Extended Warranty

After taxes, fees and licensing was $34154. The purchase agreement shows me at a $2600 discount from MSRP, but the extended warranty was listed as $100 below retail and the cargo cover was free which would mean my real discount was almost $3K.

I traded in my 2003 Protege5 and got $2000 cash back for it as well. So my real discount of ~$3K is probably reduced by $1.5K since the Dealership could probably sell my Protege5 for ~$3.5K. I could have gotten a better deal if I had squeezed them some more, but I was happy with the deal regardless. The best deals are where everyone walks away happy. Of course, I turned down their up sell offers such as undercoating, rust proofing, VIN etching, etc. and i refused to accept any additional costs such as Admin fees.

I waited until there was a sale on at a Dealership - the best is when they advertise on the Radio or T.V. or newspaper because they've probably spent $10K and have to recoup that expense by hitting sales targets so they'll be more motivated to reduce the price to make the sale. this usually happens when they need to clear out inventory like the end of the month/quarter/first half/year. Dealerships try to make you feel like they're doing you a favour by giving any discount, but you can always negotiate a better deal if you reverse it and make them feel like you're doing them a favour (which is the truth).

Next time I buy a car, instead of asking for a discount from the MSRP, i'm simply going to demand that they give me the full retail value of my trade-in (i.e. whatever the car is going on sale for at the time on auto trader) plus at least $2K more. This will avoid the hassle of negotiating down from MSRP, instead it'll force the Dealerships to try to negotiate up from my offer (and of course, I don't move from my offer).

Really...$2600 off of MSRP? How did you manage that? I know that you traded in your P5 (as am I and was only offered $700 for it), but still, $2,600 seems really high. The dealer I was negotiating with didn't want to budge from $500 + cargo cover (though this is on a GX with manual transmission). I guess every situation is different in terms of the dealer willing to negotiate. By the way, where in Ontario are you?

Vorret
07-03-2012, 09:00 AM
I found one in QC that's 2k under mrsp, I emailed the dealer to get more details since it just doesn't make any sense. 500-800 I get it but for a brand new vehicule with high demands 2k under is shady at best.

Vorret
07-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Good morning,

Quick question on how to deal with a dealer who refuses to give you a price on the web.
Basicly the website advertise "Price + Internet rebate in 5 minutes (when it's open"

So I sent them an e-mail and I got this answer from a guy "Ohhh you know the best price can only be given in person, bla bla bla"

I answer that I live over an hour away and I need to drive across Montreal on a weekend (a pain in the ass) and back just to see if the price is decent, I told him basicly that if I drive to Montreal it's to BUY the car so I need a price (I also send him a link of another dealer who offers the same car at X price).

He answers that he's no gonna click the link, he's not interested in what other dealers give what's important is that it's a big dealer and he can offer more, for sure and he finish with "But you know, it's a new SUV so the margin isn't really big".

I have a crapload of mean comment I can answer here but I want to know what their price is and there's no way I'm driving there after work unless they really do offer the best price in Quebec.
How would you deal with him? Would you simply walk away and stop emailing the guy?

MadMan2k
07-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Maybe you could ask for a different salesman who isn't a pain in the butt to deal with, then just tell them if they can beat X price out the door, you'll buy from them, if not, you won't

Vorret
07-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Maybe you could ask for a different salesman who isn't a pain in the butt to deal with, then just tell them if they can beat X price out the door, you'll buy from them, if not, you won't

When you say "out of the door" that's with all taxes included?

MadMan2k
07-04-2012, 10:24 AM
For it to be an apples-to-apples comparison it's best to know all the fees, taxes, etc that they are going to charge. Now, I don't know if the sales tax and everything would be the same between the two dealers. I know in the states if I were to buy a vehicle in NM or AZ I would pay less sales tax than here in CA.

The destination fee is probably the same, but one dealer might have paperwork processing fees or junk like that which would change the total price you have to pay.

Gio26NJ
07-04-2012, 11:41 AM
For it to be an apples-to-apples comparison it's best to know all the fees, taxes, etc that they are going to charge. Now, I don't know if the sales tax and everything would be the same between the two dealers. I know in the states if I were to buy a vehicle in NM or AZ I would pay less sales tax than here in CA.

The destination fee is probably the same, but one dealer might have paperwork processing fees or junk like that which would change the total price you have to pay.

Your CA motor vehicles department doesn't require that you pay the CA tax when registering the vehicle? I know that in NJ or NY if you buy out of state you will pay the tax in the state you reside and not where you bought the vehicle, which is annoying. I think NY (5 boroughs) tax is one of the highest around at around 8.8% or something like that, upstate NY is like 4% since the City tax does not apply.

Gio26NJ
07-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Last weekend my copycat brother in law bought his CX-5 GT AWD with Tech package. Had to drive down to Pennsylvania to find the color/package combination he wanted since there were only about 4 available within a 200 mile radius of East Brunswick, NJ. At first he said he didn't want the Tech package but after riding with mine he fell in love with it and opted for the Tech package.

Winded up paying MSRP $30,400 USD with wheel locks and rear bumper protector thrown in for free, and since he was paying MSRP they kept title, registration and dealer fees at $300. He added a Mazda backed 6 year extended warranty which basically covers everything electrical and mechanical. for $1,100. Altogether came out to $33,928 USD out the door. I made sure he didn't get a black one like me, he went for the Silver. The people at Faulkner Mazda where we bought the CX-5 were incredible to work with. Much better than the guys I dealt with in NJ.

Exspeedaway
07-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Got my CX5 GS awd for 31900$ at Albi Mazda near Montral. Albi Mazda is the biggest Mazda in the world period.
I ordered my CX5 on march2 and received it on april14, they didnt want to lower the price of my CX5 but i did get a good deal on my Mazdaspeed3.
They started at 13500$ for my Speed, i got up and said thank's but no thank's, should seen the face on the saleman.
They went up a 1000$ 5 time before they got to 18500$, then i said ok where do i sign. Can you imagine the guy that doesn't want to argue and just accept what they offer him. The market here for a 2008.5 speed3 is around 17k to 20k so i think i made a good deal
I was one of the first in my area to get one, i still dont see much around here.

Vorret
07-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Got my CX5 GS awd for 31900$ at Albi Mazda near Montral. Albi Mazda is the biggest Mazda in the world period.
I ordered my CX5 on march2 and received it on april14, they didnt want to lower the price of my CX5 but i did get a good deal on my Mazdaspeed3.
They started at 13500$ for my Speed, i got up and said thank's but no thank's, should seen the face on the saleman.
They went up a 1000$ 5 time before they got to 18500$, then i said ok where do i sign. Can you imagine the guy that doesn't want to argue and just accept what they offer him. The market here for a 2008.5 speed3 is around 17k to 20k so i think i made a good deal
I was one of the first in my area to get one, i still dont see much around here.

Before or after tax?
On Mazda.ca is shows the GSAWD at 31940$

Exspeedaway
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Before tax: Federal tax (Canada) 5%
Provincial tax (Qubec) 9.5%

Total of 14.5% combined

So roughly 36700$

Oupss je vient de voir que tu est de Montral, tu sait bien comment on est taxer ici......lol

Jwlj
07-04-2012, 04:07 PM
White Touring FWD
No options
$23500
+ Taxes, Title and $495 Fee.

I found a dealer that was 200 cheaper when you factor in their paper work fee but the guys I went with we're a few hours closer.

I might have gotten a lower price had I not been looking only for white with no options and increase the number of dealers to call.
I did a 250 mile search on Mazda.com for my area, and in-laws resulting in dealers as far south as GA and as far north as NY.
7 dealers had what I wanted, 3 wanted above MSRP, 2 wanted MSRP, and 2 were wiling to go lower for my business.
I told all the dealers I called that I was willing to Drive 6+ hours to get the car and that I was calling so many dealers.

MadMan2k
07-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Yes, CA does that, but I wouldn't register a vehicle here unless I bought it here. There's an exception made for the military, which I am in, but you see a lot of out of state plates here and I think a lot of civilians get around the ridiculous dmv fees that way too.

safoo
07-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Good morning,

Quick question on how to deal with a dealer who refuses to give you a price on the web.
Basicly the website advertise "Price + Internet rebate in 5 minutes (when it's open"

So I sent them an e-mail and I got this answer from a guy "Ohhh you know the best price can only be given in person, bla bla bla"

I answer that I live over an hour away and I need to drive across Montreal on a weekend (a pain in the ass) and back just to see if the price is decent, I told him basicly that if I drive to Montreal it's to BUY the car so I need a price (I also send him a link of another dealer who offers the same car at X price).

He answers that he's no gonna click the link, he's not interested in what other dealers give what's important is that it's a big dealer and he can offer more, for sure and he finish with "But you know, it's a new SUV so the margin isn't really big".

I have a crapload of mean comment I can answer here but I want to know what their price is and there's no way I'm driving there after work unless they really do offer the best price in Quebec.
How would you deal with him? Would you simply walk away and stop emailing the guy?

I dealt with many different dealers' internet departments. Some were not interested in doing anything over email except to schedule an appointment. I ended up buying from the guy who answered all my questions over email, gave me full item by item price, and even took my deposit over email. My suggestion would be to find another dealer that is willing to work with you over email. You don't need to tell this guy anything.

Jwlj
07-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Just try another dealer...... My method worked out pretty well

EricF
07-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Good morning,

The mark up is really small. I got a touring with moonroof and bose for invoice and it only saved about $870 off of the sticker. I'd go with the dealer who's willing to work with you over the phone.

On a side note, when I was shopping for my Tacoma, I kept getting the run around from salesmen. No one wanted to sell for less than sticker, or talk via email or phone. So I skipped the salesmen and called the fleet manager of different dealers. They seemed way more interested in working with me and were happy to talk numbers over the phone.

I'd try that. Just call and ask to speak with the fleet manager, and explain the offer you currently have and see if they will beat it. If not, tell them to kiss your ass and go with the other one.

Jwlj
07-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Lol that's a good idea too

thatwazmysn
07-05-2012, 04:54 PM
On the Mazda website, it says the MSRP for 6sp manual sport (FWD) is $22,995 and 6sp auto sport (FWD) is $22,395. Why is the auto cheaper than manual?

It also says the manual sport comes with 17 inch alloy wheels while the auto sport comes with 17 inch aluminum-alloy wheels. What is the difference here?

Jonesey
07-05-2012, 08:17 PM
For base model, I paid 21,100 - including everything but NJ's tax, title and tags.

zumzum
07-06-2012, 08:02 PM
first time in the forums!

dealer and i agreed for $23150. $435 a month for FWD Touring. sound like a good deal? going to another dealer and see if they can get beat it.

Danangme
07-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Just picked up a loaded touring model with a MSRP of $28,610.Got a $810.00 discount plus $500.00 loyalty rebate.But as usually that's misleading because I got at least $200.00 less for my 3 hatch than NADA said it was worth.Dealers these days are bringing up auction prices instead of just NADA trade values.I told the dealer who I bought 2 other Mazda's from that a 2010 3 hatch with 23,000 miles is a certified car and he could get top dollar for it.That argument made me $750.00 from his initial offer.

kabkaba
07-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I bought my touring with tech package for 800 below MSRP + 200 doc fee + taxes and tags

Jwlj
07-07-2012, 03:34 PM
first time in the forums!

dealer and i agreed for $23150. $435 a month for FWD Touring. sound like a good deal? going to another dealer and see if they can get beat it.

I think that's one of the best deals you'll find.
I called ALOT of dealers, only a handful would go below MSRP. Got mine 23500. I say go for it!

JLDobs
07-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I ordered a touring with tech pack and moon roof (wheel locks and cargo cover included). List price is $28,700, I have a 2004 corolla that I traded in. The kbb trade value (good price) is $5000. I ended up getting $6300 for the car which brought them down to $22400. I found I only had leverage with the trade. In the end after playing a numbers game they did go below invoice. I am also eligible for the $500 loyalty so in the end it will be $21,900.

szwakon
07-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Just ordered a new Stormy Blue GT, AWD with tech $1500 under the MSRP. Since I'll be trading in my CX-9, I'll get another $500 loyalty discount. The total will be around $28400. The dealer said it should arrive in 2 weeks.

EricF
07-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I ordered a touring with tech pack and moon roof (wheel locks and cargo cover included). List price is $28,700, I have a 2004 corolla that I traded in. The kbb trade value (good price) is $5000. I ended up getting $6300 for the car which brought them down to $22400. I found I only had leverage with the trade. In the end after playing a numbers game they did go below invoice. I am also eligible for the $500 loyalty so in the end it will be $21,900.

how did you get the $500 loyalty, if you traded in a corolla? I thought it was only if you traded in a mazda?

JLDobs
07-07-2012, 09:56 PM
how did you get the $500 loyalty, if you traded in a corolla? I thought it was only if you traded in a mazda?

My husband owns a Mazda and he was eligible for the loyalty when we purchased the vehicle. You don't need to trade in a Mazda just prove that you currently own a Mazda.

From Mazda's website

"Mazda Owner Loyalty Cash Program $500 is good toward a new 2012 MAZDA3, MAZDA6, CX-7, CX-9, MX-5 (includes PRHT) and 2013 CX-5 and Mazda6, by current Mazda owners. No cash value. Excludes MAZDASPEED3 and 2012 Mazda3 (R). The Mazda Owner Loyalty Cash Program CANNOT be combined with other private offers but CAN be combined with other public purchase incentives including, but not limited to, customer cash back, lease and APR incentives/offers. Must be a U.S. resident. Proof of eligibility and residency required. Limit one discount per customer per vehicle. The offer is transferable within household (buyer must live at the same address). Must present dealer with proof of ownership (copy of vehicle registration or title) at time of purchase. Vehicle restrictions apply. Must take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 10/1/2012. See participating dealer for complete details. Offer expires 10/1/2012."

EricF
07-07-2012, 10:33 PM
My husband owns a Mazda and he was eligible for the loyalty when we purchased the vehicle. You don't need to trade in a Mazda just prove that you currently own a Mazda.

From Mazda's website

"Mazda Owner Loyalty Cash Program $500 is good toward a new 2012 MAZDA3, MAZDA6, CX-7, CX-9, MX-5 (includes PRHT) and 2013 CX-5 and Mazda6, by current Mazda owners. No cash value. Excludes MAZDASPEED3 and 2012 Mazda3 (R). The Mazda Owner Loyalty Cash Program CANNOT be combined with other private offers but CAN be combined with other public purchase incentives including, but not limited to, customer cash back, lease and APR incentives/offers. Must be a U.S. resident. Proof of eligibility and residency required. Limit one discount per customer per vehicle. The offer is transferable within household (buyer must live at the same address). Must present dealer with proof of ownership (copy of vehicle registration or title) at time of purchase. Vehicle restrictions apply. Must take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 10/1/2012. See participating dealer for complete details. Offer expires 10/1/2012."

oh sweet!

Exspeedaway
07-08-2012, 01:58 AM
In Canada we get a 1.0% discount on financing as a loyalty gift.

jeremy44
07-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Anyone got any info on how much I should be paying for a GT with tech pkg AWD for the Greater Toronto Area?

Exspeedaway
07-08-2012, 11:22 PM
BC Canada ~ discount $2,400.00 from MSRP / for a Demo GX with convenience package.

Demo with how many milleage??

bcooper
07-09-2012, 01:18 AM
almost 3k

bamirault
07-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Anyone got any info on how much I should be paying for a GT with tech pkg AWD for the Greater Toronto Area?

In Ontario GT/w tech pkg, winter trays, carpet mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, f/r mud guards, touch up pen, rear bumper guard, trailer hitch, wiring adapter, freight, A/C levy, tire levy, predelivery - 34888.34 and with taxes 39424.39. Delivery expected late August.

Brian

Exspeedaway
07-09-2012, 10:32 AM
almost 3k

Not too bad.

nation845
07-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Just signed for my FWD Touring with moonroof and tech packages + cargo cover (been driving it for 6 days on a "test drive" waiting for private financing check to show up) for $26,857

RobertBurr
07-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Lease CX-5 GT with tech package (MSR is $29,220) for $399 a month, includes tax) 42 month lease with 12,000 miles a year and $1,000 down payment. Seems like a good deal to me.

nizzy1115
07-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Lease CX-5 GT with tech package (MSR is $29,220) for $399 a month, includes tax) 42 month lease with 12,000 miles a year and $1,000 down payment. Seems like a good deal to me.

sounds like robbery to me. Ownership will be much cheaper over the same time frame.

Evan55
07-20-2012, 02:14 PM
anyone successfully using s-plan?

cucamelsmd15
07-20-2012, 02:41 PM

From Mazda's website

Yep. They also took the logbook for my racecar as acceptable proof too. (thumb)

algo
07-22-2012, 05:30 PM
I just picked up my red CX-5 GS on Friday. I only had to wait 2 weeks and got it for 500$ less than MSRP, with a full tank of gas :-)

This is my 5th Mazda with this dealership so I am sure previous business had something to do with it.

Exspeedaway
07-22-2012, 06:22 PM
I just picked up my red CX-5 GS on Friday. I only had to wait 2 weeks and got it for 500$ less than MSRP, with a full tank of gas :-)

This is my 5th Mazda with this dealership so I am sure previous business had something to do with it.

Congrat's on the purchase.

bcooper
07-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Enjoy your new ride. I am in love with mine. :)

Bclar
07-24-2012, 02:33 PM
I picked up a CX 5 GT for $500.00 under sticker in Rochester, NY

praneeth
07-25-2012, 02:05 AM
Bought AWD GT, Tech Package - White in Sacramento, CA with remote start, cargo cover, and bumper guard for $31,000 (that's about $400 below sticker with the options).

The dealer tried to sell me theft protection which makes me worry that something may be wrong with the protection that should have come with the tech package. Is there an easy way to test that it is indeed installed (other than the sticker on the windscreen)?

Interesting story, the plastic cladding around my rear wheel partially came off, and the mudflap rubbed against the wheel until a piece broke off (apparently this area had hit something when being transported). Ordered and replaced the cladding with new one (by dealer) and they are also replacing one other piece under the door where there was a mini scratch.

Love love love the car. I wish 40 - 60 mph felt a little nicer but not a big deal.

kampfire
07-25-2012, 04:48 PM
anyone successfully using s-plan?

I used it no issue.

Triton46
07-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Anywhere someone could sign up/join to get on S-Plan?

The EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) will give a member access to Ford X-Plan after a month of membership. Is there anything like that for S-Plan?

Gio26NJ
07-28-2012, 08:02 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/13-CX-5-CX5-6-SPEED-TOURING-SPORT-AWD-4X4-BOSE-SUV-UTILITY-EXPRESS-LCD-/330769701859?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d03691be3

Ran into this the other day on ebay. A dealership in Maryland is selling a GT at $28,685 with the Cargo cover included. Damn, almost the same exact one I bought without the cargo cover for $30,000+ (edit just noticed that this one is without the Tech Package)

They have 2 red ones too a GT at $28,145 and Touring at $27,750. It says Make an offer, so they'd probably go down a few hundred more. Wish these were around when I was buying.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/13-CX-5-CX5-6-SPEED-TOURING-SPORT-AWD-4X4-BOSE-SUV-UTILITY-EXPRESS-LCD-/330763269155?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d0306f423

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/13-CX5-6-SPEED-SPORT-AWD-4X4-SUV-UTILITY-LCD-/330763270263?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d0306f877

soobaerodude
07-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Anywhere someone could sign up/join to get on S-Plan?

The EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) will give a member access to Ford X-Plan after a month of membership. Is there anything like that for S-Plan?

Do a google search for "mazdaspeed s-plan star mazda"

JLDobs
07-29-2012, 08:10 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/13-CX-5-CX5-6-SPEED-TOURING-SPORT-AWD-4X4-BOSE-SUV-UTILITY-EXPRESS-LCD-/330769701859?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d03691be3

Ran into this the other day on ebay. A dealership in Maryland is selling a GT at $28,685 with the Cargo cover included. Damn, almost the same exact one I bought without the cargo cover for $30,000+ (edit just noticed that this one is without the Tech Package)

They have 2 red ones too a GT at $28,145 and Touring at $27,750. It says Make an offer, so they'd probably go down a few hundred more. Wish these were around when I was buying.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/13-CX-5-CX5-6-SPEED-TOURING-SPORT-AWD-4X4-BOSE-SUV-UTILITY-EXPRESS-LCD-/330763269155?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d0306f423

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/13-CX5-6-SPEED-SPORT-AWD-4X4-SUV-UTILITY-LCD-/330763270263?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d0306f877

Something just seems off there... For that kind of money I would go through the dealer in which you can trust! When NOBODY is discounting them and you see them discounted on eBay that could send a red flag to me!