What did you pay for your CX-5?

Mojorio, you driving it in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx? you're not going to see more than 27-28 MPG. Too many damn lights that are not synchronized. Also $35,000 seems a little excessive too. Good luck, enjoy it.

Hi, 22,995 (RRP) from local dealer but with Metallic paint free (normally a 520 option). Book P/ex value for my car. Best deal I saw was 1000 discount but met paint extra & 300 less on my P/ex. So could have saved about 200 if I traveled 200 miles down the road.

Sky Blue Mica GT w/Tech Package, roof rails, bumper guard, and wheel locks for $28,785 out of State (Taxes to be paid when picking up tags.)

Just bought a 2013 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech in pearl white on 11/23/12 in Connectictut. MSRP was $30,915. Supposedly paid S-plan which is about $1000 less than that, but also took a porking on the trade. Did get the dealer to add the cargo tray (rubber mat), cargo cover, hood guard/bug deflector, side window visors, front and rear mud guards, wheel locks, rear bumper guard, touch up paint and a 3rd key, cut and programed. MSRP of all those accessories is about $1000 (of course the cost to the dealer is considerably less, and I could have bought it all from the dealer for 15% off MSRP, which is their standar price) but they installed it all as part of the deal. Allowing for $1000 on the accessories, I was still about $500 under the low trade value on a car that was in impeccable shape and had been meticulously maintained (2011 Accord SE). I came out of the negotiations bruised but not beaten, but I have vowed to myself i will not trade another car. That is where new car dealers make their money today, and I keep my cars in too good shape to have them pork me on the trade.

Oh well, the wife is loving her new car. I took over the 2005 RAV4 she was driving so now we both have AWD cars for our daily drivers.

^ loughman - Congrats on the new CX-5 GT, sounds similar to mine.

Around here inventory levels are almost approaching normal levels for the first time. Are you seeing that in Conneticut?

^ loughman - Congrats on the new CX-5 GT, sounds similar to mine.

Around here inventory levels are almost approaching normal levels for the first time. Are you seeing that in Conneticut?

For most of the past 6-8 months the dealer has had somewhere between 1-2 and 5-6 or so CX-5 on the lots, with 80% of them Touring, the remainder Sport, and virtually no GTs. They had one or wo GTs early in the year, i.e. Feb or so, and then none till mid to late July, when a few came in July/August to fill customer orders. Recently in the last month or so several GTs have come in, including ours which was ordered 7/25 and showed up 11/22. But the GTs disappear quickly either because they were ordered for a customer, or because there has been such a void for them, that they are still feeding pent up demand for them.

In SE Ct, if you want a GT it is still slim pickens, the Tourings and Sports seem to be readily available.

Just brought home a CX-5 Sport with manual transmission. It's metropolitan gray with wheel locks, tint, and roof rack. Paid $21,166 + tax/title/license.

Just brought home a metropolitan grey Touring with the Bose/moonroof package for $26784.16 out the door. In California, tax rate 7.75% for 8 more days then it goes up to 8%. Thanks Jerry!!(piss)

Last edited:
. In California, tax rate 7.75% for 8 more days then it goes up to 8%. Thanks Jerry!!(piss)

Thank the majority of CA voters (refer to election results of November) for extra quarter percent sales tax.

Thank the tyrany of the majority of CA voters (refer to election results of November) for extra quarter percent sales tax.

The correct spelling is "tyranny" and it would be impossible for the majority will to be considered tyranny (see definition of the word).

Quite the opposite actually.

The correct spelling is "tyranny" and it would be impossible for the majority will to be considered tyranny (see definition of the word).

Quite the opposite actually.
Right about the spelling; wrong about the definition. See 3,4 and 5 below:

tyranny (tĭrə-nē)
n. pl. tyrannies

1. A government in which a single ruler is vested with absolute power.
2. The office, authority, or jurisdiction of an absolute ruler.
3. Absolute power, especially when exercised unjustly or cruelly: "I have sworn . . . eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" (Thomas Jefferson).

a. Use of absolute power.
b. A tyrannical act.

5. Extreme harshness or severity; rigor.

[Middle English tyrannie, from Old French, from Late Latin tyrannia, from Greek turanniā, from turannos, tyrant.]

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Copyright 2002, 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Typical auto forum / Internet garbage complete with useless politics, auto pricing discussions should be pre-tax for US price comparison purposes.

My wife and I are picking up our new GT with Tech in Sky Blue today. We got it for $1,000 of sticker and this is our first Mazda.

My wife and I are picking up our new GT with Tech in Sky Blue today. We got it for $1,000 of sticker and this is our first Mazda.

Hopefully the "sticker" price was the MSRP price, (not a artificially inflated price made up or jacked up by dealer).

Best of luck today for smooth delivery.

I bought my Black Mica 2013 Mazda CX5 Touring AWD with the Moonroof Package about a month ago for $26,946 - $500 Hurricane Sandy Rebate + 2,553 Title and Taxes (NYC) for a total of $28,999. Not much of a deal, but hard to find many discounts on this vehicle.

Typical auto forum / Internet garbage complete with useless politics, auto pricing discussions should be pre-tax for US price comparison purposes.

Yep. Just glad I left California and moved to Oregon in June where there is no sales tax. Bought mine one week later and saved $1600 in sales tax. $20,800 as posted earlier. Sport MT.

I've been lurking awhile. Thanks to all who contribute here. We just left the dealership and bought a White Grand Touring AWD + Tech Package + All weather mats/Cargo tray and paid $29,566 (MSRP $30,915) +tax/title/etc. This is in Cleveland, Ohio. The dealer also offered me a fairly high trade-in offer for what I had. First Mazda and looking forward to learning more on these forums. I'll post some photos in that thread, though it may be camouflaged in snow! ;)

Latest posts

Back