WTB: FL - 2.0 litre FS motor + 5spd transmission

MP5stephen

:
Mazda Protege5 & Miata M Edition
I'm in Florida and I am wanting to buy a FS-DE 2.0 litre motor with a 5 speed transmission.

I don't care how many miles, it just can't have damage to the block. I'm wanting to do a re-build on it and boost it. It's going to be my spring break project.

I need it to be compatible with a 5 spd, or can be attached. I'll be replacing the clutch too.

I'm literally in Central Florida, but for the right price I am willing to drive north, south, east, or west.

I can pick it up or meet halfway.

If you want to drive south. Call Al-Jap in Opa Locka. They carry JDM engines. Or check Fatti03msp in Orlando he might give you some help

Last edited:
Hmmm... I don't really need a FS-ZE, unless it'll cheaper than a FS-DE(doubtful). I'm not looking to squeeze a ton of power out of it. I'd really like to build something identical to the FS-DET, running on the MSP ECU. Maybe just slightly more boost than a stock MSP. Forged internals, ported+polished.

OGSp5, do you have a build thread I could look at?

What should I expect pricewise for a used FSDE and 5spd trans?

They carry the JDM FSDE engine. Which comes with the single runner intake manifold( like the 626 ). When I got mine about 2 yrs ago it was around 500 without tranny. I have a build thread but you have to go way back.

It was over 4 yrs ago not 2. The engine had 55k, I am not shure about the warrenty. I think it was 3 months. The engine is running strong. ( knock on wood )

Wow man, you are still looking? I still have that shortblock we talked about way back. I'm in Cali now though...

Back