Lost door handle button

dohc9797

:
2008 Mazda CX9 GT
Just noticed today that the driver's side small button on the door handle on my 2008 CX9 is missing. Is this an easy DIY project? Can I buy from the dealer just the small button or do I need to get the whole door handle?

I think someone else had this problem on the forum. Might do a quick search for it, but I do believe it will result in an entire handle change.

Yep, either buy the handle or come up with a creative way to shove a piece of rubber in there.

Alternative: buy a used door handle: www.car-part.com do a nationwide search of salvage yards and have them ship you one.

Yep, either buy the handle or come up with a creative way to shove a piece of rubber in there.

Alternative: buy a used door handle: www.car-part.com do a nationwide search of salvage yards and have them ship you one.

I got a quote from the above link. But it was saying it is white in color. I had one of their rep on a chat and he confirmed that it is white and not chrome. they are selling it for $40 + shipping. Is this the correct part?

No. The only CX-9 with the advanced keyless system with the button in the door handle is the Grand Touring.

I.E. The only handles that have the button are chrome.

search the following parameters:
Mazda CX-9
Door Handle
USA
Distance
(Your Zipcode)

Non-Interchangeable Search Using Only Mazda CX-9
2007 - 2012 (I believe the door handle shapes (cutouts in door) are interchangeable from 2007 to current model year)

It looks like B & F auto parts in Florida has one for 65 bucks: "LFO HAS REMOTE BUTTON"

Hope this helps.

If I buy the door handle from car-part.com, how easy(or difficult) is the installation? Will the key card recognize the new door handle?

Thanks for all your help.

Car-part is just the website that shows which salvage vendor has what part, you would order from the actual vendor.

A door handle is relatively easy to replace once the trim panel on the inside is off, however, I have no idea how easy or difficult it is to remove the interior trim panel (which is needed to access the inside of the door).

The keycard recognizes the computerized module in the vehicle.... the door handle button is hard wired to the module (the door handle wire unplugs).

The actual handle is just plug & play. Just remove the old one, unplug the wire, stick in the new handle, plug it in.

The factory service manual has been posted on this cx-9 forum, which should tell you how to remove both the interior trim panel, and the outside handle.

Well, they must have changed the newer models. Back in my year (2008), the chrome handle was the only one that had a button, which was GT.

I guess now all the CX-9's have buttons on the handles regardless of painted or chrome?

If you have a painted handle (not chrome) and it has a button, and a salvage vendor has a painted handle with a button, then you are in luck, but I can't say for sure if you can remove the button out of that handle and but in your handle....not sure if they are glued on or what. Or try to find a same color handle that you have, with a button.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back