Transfer case leak repair [permanent & cheap ]

mnthny4

:
MAZDASPEED 6 AWD
Ok here goes ,note this worked for me since 5k miles ago, firstly if u find your transfer case leaking from the casing & u don't have the time to R&R transfer box then this is what i did ,went to HOME DEPOT bought a can of flexible rubber leak repair spray ,cost $10.00 ,some scottbite & a can of brake clean ,note i did not buy those cause i work in a shop ,but anyways clean all oil residue from transfer casing ,then after that apply two thin coats of the rubber leak repair sealant ,allow to set for about 1/2 hour start & drive car to let bake even more ,note u will smell the coating for a few days when u stand outside & near the engine area but thats all ,now u r leak free ,as i said mines been done from 5k mile ago & still very much dry no more leak for me ,just make sure to mask off areas that u do not want to spray cause it will be there forever once dried ,good luck to all .

Last edited:
Just re-check after now 7k miles, still dry, no leaks ,sealer hard as a rock ,so permanent & cheap repairs still holding .

yo im def gonna try this, mines been sweating for a while now. tired of smelling gear oil thru my vents.. any specific brand? ive never used that stuff

Home depot only sells the one brand ,but i went to walgreens the other day & saw them selling one in the as seen on tv section in the store ,as far as i know they all work the same ,just pricing is different ,but it does work ,note u will smell it for a while till its baked on from outside standing infront of vehicle ,good luck.

DOING my every 2k mile oil change again ,check for pto leak still dry ,so again permanent & cheap oil leak repairs still holding .

Thanks for this fix, I'm hoping to do it this weekend. Is yours still holding up dry?

Regarding the supplies, what is Scottbite?
Do you have to use a lift or could you put the car on 4 jackstands? I was afraid that on the jackstands you'll get the rubber sealant everywhere...

Sorry if I seem kinda Dumb. But you sprayed the entire Transfer Case casting with flexible rubber leak repair spray. Then just masked off the areas that you did not want touched by the spray correct?? Just had my oil change today and my mechanic showed me where the casting is very slowly leaking from in my 2007 Mazdaspeed6.

Ok here goes ,note this worked for me since 5k miles ago, firstly if u find your transfer case leaking from the casing & u don't have the time to R&R transfer box then this is what i did ,went to HOME DEPOT bought a can of flexible rubber leak repair spray ,cost $10.00 ,some scottbite & a can of brake clean ,note i did not buy those cause i work in a shop ,but anyways clean all oil residue from transfer casing ,then after that apply two thin coats of the rubber leak repair sealant ,allow to set for about 1/2 hour start & drive car to let bake even more ,note u will smell the coating for a few days when u stand outside & near the engine area but thats all ,now u r leak free ,as i said mines been done from 5k mile ago & still very much dry no more leak for me ,just make sure to mask off areas that u do not want to spray cause it will be there forever once dried ,good luck to all .

did u remove the tcase before u sprayed it down or did u do it with it still on the car and what is scottbite?? i know this is an old post but i would like to know please and thank you

I might as well post on this old thing too. :) Did you just do the bottom half of the seal? I can't see how I could spray that stuff on the top half? Unless it can be done with a straw on the sprayer?

Back