Secret to no exhaust leaks?

cvp0917

:
Mazdaspeed 3
I bought a corksport 80mm racepipe off a fellow forum user (who neglected to tell me id need hardware). Its the one thats full 80mm all the way back. I went and bought bolts and washers (washers were a tad too small) and installed everything and i cant seem to get the cat back connection to seal up. is there some kind of trick to it im not seeing? it doesnt seem like its lined up correctly but i cant adjust it enough to center it. i tighten the hell out of the bolts and it doesnt make any difference. any ideas? my car sounds like its a rusted out mid 90s civic. HELP!

Its where the test pipe meets the cat back. Its doesnt seem centered to me but it looks ok. I got the right sized bolts but my washers aren't big enough but its nice and tight, I can't budge it. i can't get pics because its raining all day and I dont have a garage.

Does it have the springs on the bolts? It should be able to move a small amount because it should flex at that joint. Its hard for me to say without pics. Whenever you can just get us some pics so we can see whats going on.

you need the doughnut gaskets. if your running a stock cbe you gotta run 2 gaskets i believe, big one goes first then little one on outside. or vice versa try. i had the same leak thing then i put on the 2 gaskets and it fixed it. but that was for my test pipe to 'stock downpipe' connection.

Back