knock off Cosi intake mani FS... complete with compliance pics.

Mods... please delete other thread. I've pm'd several of you to unlock the other thread, but this seems faster.

Onto the *repost*...

Bought this to experiment with fitment on the DISI MZR... but fitment was failment:
womp womp
flangeholes4.jpg

So my loss is your gain (or hopefully my "breaking even" is your gain). I paid $260 with shipping, and i'd like to get my money back, or close to it. So the only thing i can offer to "increase" the value of this thing is free powder coating, lol. Here's a couple pics:

overallshot1.jpg

overallshot2.jpg

The gasket on the back plate broke the second i removed it... Whomever buys is should really smooth out the casting flash on the v-stacks, and then just use some RTV when they put the plate back on (the gasket it came with probably didn't seal anyway).

shittygasket.jpg

vstacks.jpg

So how about $260 shipped (if shipping required, or $245 local), powder coated with your choice of red, white, flat or gloss black, yellow (at least i think i have yellow), gold, sparkle blue, or a few other colors. Honestly, the flat black or white looks the best IMO.

I should be able to coat it this weekend if someone wants to jump on it soon.

Compliance pics added:

2012-01-06072622.jpg

2012-01-06072644.jpg

There are several threads discussing how to modify this manifold to fit the regular 2.3 MZR, and i guess it's a pretty legit mod. I'd link em, but they're on other forums IIRC. I haven't looked, but there may be a how-to on 24/7, dunno.

And just to clarify for anyone interested.... This intake manifold was originally designed for the 2.3 liter duratec... but can easily be modified to fit the standard 2.3 liter MZR (not mazdaspeed). Because it's a knock-off cosworth (ebay), the casting flash around the velocity stacks should probably be cleaned up some, and any of the drilled and tapped holes should be inspected to make sure there's no left over aluminum that may break off down the road and be ingested by the motor. It's $400 cheaper than the genuine Cosworth manifold... and because mazdaspeed fitment was undetermined, i went with the cheaper ebay version just to see (and i'm glad i did, cause it won't fit the DISI MZR :( ).

I really wish it would have fit, cause they look amazing in the engine bay on mazda 3's, and it's a fantastic design.

you should have just made a thread asking if the DISI and MZR intake pattern was the same. i could have just told you they were different. or hell, buy a intake manifold gasket. its alot cheaper then the manifold for comparing. ;)

you should have just made a thread asking if the DISI and MZR intake pattern was the same. i could have just told you they were different. or hell, buy a intake manifold gasket. its alot cheaper then the manifold for comparing. ;)

Lol, I knew the runner ports were different before even buying the manifold. I was either going to machine an adapter plate, or bore the cosi runners and fit a sleeve adapter to fit the disi head. But that was only if the fitment was deemed "close enough" to justify. Or, more realistically, if it looked promising, i would have just ported the living s*** out of my spare head and knife edged the dual DISI ports closer to the valves. That would have been the simplest (for me) and most effective setup.

But alas... fitment was failment, and the saga continues.

Bump for a great addition to a regular 3.

Back